“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Hope, Minnesota, United States
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

first time in Dallas TX. great hotel, great suites, floor to ceiling windows, very clean and helpful staff.. food very good especially breakfast.... Dart train right outside the hotel.. Too my daughter and I loved the luxury touches... Indoor pool and whirlpool really nice with an outdoor patio..Very clean hotel..Everybody very accommodating and helped us with directions and Eaterys...forth of July Fireworks from my 9th floor suite were perfect.. the whole wedding party stayed there Friday night..we had 25 rooms

Room Tip: Rooms on East side are quiet and great Sunrise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hotel books itself as elegant and luxurious. No nearby restaurants. Hotel restaurants are limited. Rooms are large, but TV is small, movies are overpriced, towels are non-absorbent, furniture is cheap, staff is young and unaccommodating. No luxury touches, really, except for artsy lobby. Gym is ordinary, indoor pool only. I guess you can say I was underwhelmed. On the good side, hotel is right on DART line so you can get places in the rapid transit easily.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Me and my family are a frequent visitor to this locale. We prefer it for a local getaway to swim, order room service, and chill. We have been visiting this hotel for many many years for mini vacations.

We had a whim on a Saturday (actually very early sunday morning) to get a hotel room. We had no reservation anywhere. Did a few drivesby's for places close to home, but decided to give our usual place a chance at having a room. They are a business hotel, so I figured the odds were in our favor. Visited the front lobby, but the computers were doing a reconciliation or something. So we sat and waited 5-10 mins.

Approached the front desk and asked for a high floor room with 2 beds. No problem. I then asked about the rate, and was quoted something like 140+. Mind you, it is 3 in the morning, so our time in the room would be very limited. I asked if that was the best rate, and was told yes. I explained that we were frequent visitors, and rarely paid more than 100-110 for a weekend stay. The gentleman responded that he had been working there a year and had never seen a rate such as that. Well, I have many receipts to show that. The bottom line was that he wouldn't budge, so we took our business down the road where someone would gladly give a reasonable rate in order to book a room. It appears Renaissance preferred to leave a room sit unoccupied vs having a paying customer. That is their choice, and we made ours to move down the road.

We landed at comfort suites, with a heavenly bed and staff appreciative of our business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BDB_09, General Manager at Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hello Linda, my sincere apology for the firm stance with our ambassador upon your early morning arrival. No excuse. Best Regards, Bill
Carthage, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Let me say this up front, the hotel itself was very nice. Lots of artwork and such on the walls, the decor was like something you'd see in Beverly Hills or Manhattan. And that was the problem. They already had it down pat as far as it's location, amenities, room layout and cleanliness. To make a long story short, it was already an immaculate hotel. For some reason, though, it seemed to me that they were trying too hard, like it wasn't coming natural to the staff. From the menu offered in the bar to the breakfast offered the next morning, the staff didn't seem comfortable in what they were doing, it was like they were little kids caught in the parents' closet playing dress-up. I understand that there has to be some metropolitan appeal to set a hotel apart from the competition (and this hotel has that), it just didn't need the extra snobbish vibe I got from a few of the staff. This is a nice hotel, don't get me wrong, but if I have to stay in Dallas anytime in the future, it probably won't be here. And might I add this: someone needs to invest a walk-in showers, especially for the suites, before a guest gets hurt by the bath mats that don't stay stuck down.

Carthage, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We spent the night here on our way to Corpus Christi. Wow! What a hotel! The rooms were fabulous the food was great and the service was excellent. We very much enjoyed our stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Richardson area.

Naperville, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a business meeting in the Richardson area where people flew in from Europe, Latin America, Asia, and places across the US. Our host had us stay at the Renaissance Richardson. I stayed there a few years ago and I was glad to be back.

The hotel complex is big. It's part of the Galatyn Park Conference Center and features the Eisemann Center for Performing Arts -- so this is a destination for big events. There was a big event going on -- I believe a dance camp -- and the hotel facilities were likewise big to support it. For the most part, this is a good thing.

My room was normal: two double beds, desk, flat scrren TV, shower/bath, WIFI ($12/night!). I got good performance from my LTE mobile hotspot. Nothing too luxuirous; all nice. The easiest thing for a business traveler is to go straight to the parking garage. No need to valet; no need to drop off at the front door and then park. The hotel room key will get you in and out of the garage, no problems. The hotel staff will very nicely help you, if needed.

There's a very large lobby area. Members of our business group were very comfortably having casual meetings there and in the bar area. The food service was normal, if not a little bit fancy. The gift shop had a good selection of snacks and was open after 10pm. Also, the hotel is near several nice restaurants.

Walking distance is the Dallas Rail System train station (Galatyn Park Station, Red Line). A couple of years ago when I last stayed at this hotel, I took this train into downtown Dallas (Akard Station: 33 min ride, 2 trains an hour).

A picky issue for me: every day I left my room at 8am. At this time, the elevators were packed. Twice after waiting for over 5 minutes, I gave up and used the stairs. It was ok (I am tough!), but the hotel was so full that the elevators were at capacity during this rather busy time of the morning. Get up earlier or just use the stairs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Keller, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I bring my dance team officers here every year for officer camp. The hotel is very nice and the staff is always extremely helpful. The food provided by the hotel for our camp has been great - much better than "hotel food" meals I've received at events elsewhere. The rooms are clean and fairly spacious for basic rooms. My only complaint is that the mattresses are awful, but I experience the same sleep-related back pain every time I stay at a Marriott property, so it must be a corporate-wide thing.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel? Share your experiences!