“Scabies and Bedbugs - Run like the wind !!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Dallas, Texas
“Scabies and Bedbugs - Run like the wind !!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Unbelievable. Looks nice enough BUT the maids evidently do not change the sheets or wash the comforters.

Nothing personal but I prefer to be scarpotic mange free and not be eaten alive by bedbugs.

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
MO.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Got my key's one did not work, I went into my room TV not working,tried to get help,no help,I got it to work. Left went out,came back raining two keys ,do not work! now soaking wet all three of us,no help from man at counter,watching, had to go to front door,go up stairs,keys now do not work on room door! Get in want hot food micowave broke. NO reading lamp,went to bed. Go down for food,milk is out dated, donuts are old, coffee is BAD!!!
Next day same milk,same old donuts!Still in the same box!
Grand child is now catching a cold thank you .
Vicki

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Corpus Christi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2008

I stayed here with my brother back in October. I had read the reviews stating how the property had been renovated and with having to stay in hotel for 10 days for training we decided to take a chance and save some money by staying there. BIG MISTAKE! The room was fine, I don't need 5 star treatment to be happy. It would have been nice if the toilet didn't run off and on all night but we would survive. About half way through our stay I realized I was missing a blanket in my bed. I asked the maid for a blanket and it was there that night. That would have been great service if the blanket hadn't been infested with bed bugs. I woke up the next morning covered in bites. I had bites allover my body from my neck down. They moved my room and while that one didn't have bed bugs the bathroom door didn't close and the shower door had a hole. The next day the sores got worse, made training unbearable and I was forced to seek medical help. By the time I got back to the room I had had enough, packed up my belongings and left. I would have left it at that but they decided to charge me for my full stay and never even contacted me to apologize or make amends. I contacted the hotel but all I have recieved is the run around and empty promises. I am now considering legal action to recoup my hotel and medical charges. Spend the extra money and stay elsewhere.

• Liked — It was cheap
  • Disliked — Bed Bugs and their lack of follow up concerning my complaint.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

The EconoLodge...when through a Renovation my room included 32 LCD TV, new beds, new carpet and comforter...Everyone should try this hotel.....You will be surprised!

• Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Amarillo, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

We stayed in this hotel last week and it was the worst hotel I have been in- ever. They are going through a remodel and there was dust and plastic over everything in the lobby. Originally, we thought if they were going through a remodel that the rooms were probably OK and they would put us in a remodeled room. Wrong!

Our room was recently painted (within 48 hours). You could tell by the smell. However, painters had walked through the paint and our carpet was covered in paint footprints. The comforter had cigarette burn holes in them. The bathroom sink was stained and wouldn't drain. The most nasty thing was the shower. It looked OK from the outside, but when you got in, there was at least an inch of mold all the way around the shower door. I thought I would die. I stood on a washcloth while taking a shower for our business conference that day. The rooms going down the hall didn't seem much better. The wireless internet was out, and there was no place for the "continental breakfast" so you had to eat it in your nasty room.

As I said, choose somewhere else and avoid this horrible property. I called and registered a complaint with the company.

• Liked — It was close to the Renaissance where our conference was being held
  • Disliked — unclean, filthy, moldy, dirty,
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bridgeport, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

Pardon the pun, but this hotel was anything but "suite"! What's the saying......"you get what you pay for"? I didn't have high expectations as I knew this was nothing fancy by the price of the room. I was just looking for a place to stay for a couple of nights while attending a seminar at the Rennaissance Hotel, just a couple of blocks away. This hotel is obviously an older hotel. The room, as well as the hotel lobby, was dark and dingy and had a stale, musty odor. They were, however, doing some remodeling so maybe it will be better for future guests. During this stay though, I was not impressed.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Richardson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2007

We were only in the hotel for one hour. It was awful. The corridors reeked of cigarettes. The non smoking room smelled just as bad. The room was very hot, the air conditioner was old and weak. In the room, the bed headboard had fallen to the floor, leaving screws in the wall over the bed, torn off wallpaper, patched holes, missing pictures accented the walls, the shower door did not latch closed and the shower fixtures were broken off.
All of this for 49.99 plus tax. The desk clerk attempted to give us another room, but it just smelled so bad in the hotel that we declined. We were denied cancellation of the room, and were told they did not issue credits or refunds. We left and stayed in another hotel.

• Liked — Leaving it.
  • Disliked — The bad business of denying credit/ refunds on a room not suitable to stay in.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!