“STAY HERE IF YOU LOVE NOISE!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Anaheim, California
“STAY HERE IF YOU LOVE NOISE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

conventionality located just feet from a busy highway and on the other side is a train that runs all night! no sleep!

don't get a room near the lobby on the first floor or you will have the pleasure of hearing patrons fight over the last 3 day old bagel at the continental breakfast from 6am - 10am

keys never work, i know this can be a problem at many places but here i had to get my key redone 12 times on a 2 day stay.

when you walk in the front door it smells like a smoking facility, sheets had cigarette burns throughout.
turned on the AC and cigarette ashes blew out in a non smoking room
i was able to change rooms
then they gave us a room that was still being cleaned but that was just an honest mistake.

good things: staff was nice because they knew the place sucks and they seem used to dealing with problems , room was cheap,

if you do stay here... dont!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have been going to Dallas for three years and always stay there because they take care of us very good all the time. They have nice clean room. Very good location and good price. Will go back again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel is rather old and run down but the room was clean, the staff was very nice and helpful, and the price is right. Breakfast if very limited, though. If you need a nice, inexpensive hotel in the Dallas area for a night or two this would be a good choice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Unbelievable. Looks nice enough BUT the maids evidently do not change the sheets or wash the comforters.

Nothing personal but I prefer to be scarpotic mange free and not be eaten alive by bedbugs.

Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
MO.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Got my key's one did not work, I went into my room TV not working,tried to get help,no help,I got it to work. Left went out,came back raining two keys ,do not work! now soaking wet all three of us,no help from man at counter,watching, had to go to front door,go up stairs,keys now do not work on room door! Get in want hot food micowave broke. NO reading lamp,went to bed. Go down for food,milk is out dated, donuts are old, coffee is BAD!!!
Next day same milk,same old donuts!Still in the same box!
Grand child is now catching a cold thank you .
Vicki

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Corpus Christi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2008

I stayed here with my brother back in October. I had read the reviews stating how the property had been renovated and with having to stay in hotel for 10 days for training we decided to take a chance and save some money by staying there. BIG MISTAKE! The room was fine, I don't need 5 star treatment to be happy. It would have been nice if the toilet didn't run off and on all night but we would survive. About half way through our stay I realized I was missing a blanket in my bed. I asked the maid for a blanket and it was there that night. That would have been great service if the blanket hadn't been infested with bed bugs. I woke up the next morning covered in bites. I had bites allover my body from my neck down. They moved my room and while that one didn't have bed bugs the bathroom door didn't close and the shower door had a hole. The next day the sores got worse, made training unbearable and I was forced to seek medical help. By the time I got back to the room I had had enough, packed up my belongings and left. I would have left it at that but they decided to charge me for my full stay and never even contacted me to apologize or make amends. I contacted the hotel but all I have recieved is the run around and empty promises. I am now considering legal action to recoup my hotel and medical charges. Spend the extra money and stay elsewhere.

• Liked — It was cheap
  • Disliked — Bed Bugs and their lack of follow up concerning my complaint.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

The EconoLodge...when through a Renovation my room included 32 LCD TV, new beds, new carpet and comforter...Everyone should try this hotel.....You will be surprised!

• Stayed June 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!