“As Promised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson

You added Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 E. Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75081 (Formerly Homestead Dallas Richardson)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“As Promised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Last year I wrote a review, (Know what your getting). after my review was posted I got an e-mail from the manager, asking me to give them a second chance. I contacted Adam and was given a good rate for my OU/Texas weekend. Our room was real nice, King size bed, Plenty of Hot Water, Real good AC, with a nice TV w/remote. We did not cook in the room, but it was outfitted with everything needed to do so. I have read some of the negative reviews listed below, So I set out to find the issues listed. Another couple traveling with us was staying in another part of the property. all was well with them. From our room I could see a rain gutter damaged that would allow rain to fall on the patio of that room, that might cause water damage to the room below. Did not inspect that room. The only complaint about our room was the patio door was hard to slide. I'll take that every time as my only issue. Close to the DART rail system. Nice resturants in the area. the property was clean and well kept, The pool area looked really nice. Will stay there again next year. good luck, hoped this helped.

Room Tip: Ground floor with a patio, over looking the pool. NICE
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am so glad that you gave our property a second chance to show you our enhanced offerings and that we met your expectations! It is great to read that you enjoyed your room overall and our hotel's location. While I am sorry about the gutters, please know, this is being repaired.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

The housekeeping was poor; used soap was left in the shower and my bed had long black hair in it. My hair is a half-inch of gray!

The maintenance is sad with the hall door not locking, the glass door not sliding, and even the smoke detector disconnected.

When the room next door had a leak discovered at 9pm by the property staff, it flooded my room until I stopped the leak at 5am. I lost a night of sleep and a day of work and the hotel manager didn't even comment.

The staff signed for a package for me and never bothered to tell me it had arrived. I found out more than 24 hours later when my wife told me that the hotel had signed for my medication.

The 'free internet' runs at less that 80k. Yes, 80K. No large emails, no remote desktop or vpn access, not even Netflix. This is nearly dial-up speed so I (and others from the wireless scan) have to use our cell-phone data share to work.

Room Tip: Look first to avoid the problems. Some rooms are nicer, but 'standards' should apply to all...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The accounts detailed in your review are highly regrettable. I offer my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience and aggravation you endured I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at PNO@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff was pleasant but the room was uninhabitable. One night after we had been there for about three weeks, it rained rather heavily and the next morning we noticed that the carpet in front of the patio door was wet. Upon further inspection, we noticed substantial wood rot that created a hole in the subfloor and a lot of black mold. We hadn't noticed the hole before because a large chair was positioned in front of the patio door. We checked out that morning and notified the staff. Myself, my wife, and our two kids (5 and 2) all had cold symptoms while staying there and we originally thought we were passing around a cold. But no, it was the black mold. Staying here made is sick for three weeks. These photos have been passed along to the state health department so I hope someone comes to inspect this place and shut it down. According to management, they are referring this to their risk management department but I still have not been contacted yet. Don't waste your money on this place. It has cost me both time and money as well as the health of my family. I will be suing if risk management does not cough up a reasonable solution.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay wasn't enjoyable. In response to your feedback, I am currently addressing the issues you stated with my maintenance staff. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rdn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

awesome weekend we had.
we love the service with the manager and his staff, awesome people, the room was clean, dont forget the coffee n bagels to start your day. the price was good too. we know for sure we are coming back to stay here.

Room Tip: they have a great boardroom LOVED IT!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you had an awesome weekend stay with us. It's always wonderful to hear that my staff and I have been able to provide our guests such outstanding service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

all the staff at this location are so prossional and friendly the rooms very clean my favorite hotel me and my family got about 10 rooms for our family Reunion we love it so much our next reunion will be at this one location

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us during your last family reunion. We look forward to having you and your family stay with us again soon. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Richardson, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel looks traditional, not good service, they just have bagels, coffee and apples in breakfast. No Dinner, shuttle service is only three times in morning. Only weekly service. The staff is very rude and bad, they don't have good speaking sense, not supportive and friendly. They don't extend stay for people staying over a month or so and ask to vacate room with very short notice. Highly unsatisfied about staff's behavior.

Room Tip: Better find another hotel, there are many other good hotels in that area.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that upon check in that the services and amenities we provide as an extended stay hotel were not explained to you in full detail. I am truly sorry if we were not able accommodate an extension of your room and would like very much for you to contact me and tell me what happened. I am disappointed to hear that you found our customer service to be lacking. That is not acceptable and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am spending time with each member of my staff to work on improving our customer service and to make certain that we will in the future explain to every guest checking in our "Grab N Go" Breakfast, our weekly housekeeping service and the options we have for those guests wishing to have housekeeping service more frequently, and our other services and amenities. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rdn@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Lisbon, Portugal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Very bad service. I was received by a person that sent me to a sea food restaurant when I asked for a steakhouse. Only 1 employee on service at all times, so you might have to wait for the door when he's washing towels. Breakfast is but coffee and a bagel. No laundry service. Animals in the room (cocrouches, lizards, ...).
Well, only positive thing was the location for me but then I changed for the holliday inn and couldn't believe the difference. And the price was almost the same.

So, last word of advice, avoid it at all cost. Under the bridge is better and cheaper.

• Stayed November 2012
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that a member of my staff gave you directions to the incorrect type of restaurant and that you had pests in your room. We offer a "grab and go" style breakfast which has bagels, muffins, fruit and coffee and an on site coin operated laundry for our guests. The experience you have described is not a typical one and I am sincerely sorry. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with my team to educate them about the local area so that they are better able to help our guests with directions. I am also reviewing preventative procedures with our pest control service. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at rdn@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Richardson? Share your experiences!