“A Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Richardson
Raymond, Maine
“A Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

Our family was meeting from all over North America for a wedding in Richardson. My husband and I booked a two bedroom suite and my mother-in-law and sister-in-law shared the suite with us. It was perfect! The multiple bedrooms allowed us to sneak off early in the morning without disturbing others who were sleeping and also allowed us to get to bed earlier. The living room gave us a great place to gather and visit as we don't get the opportunity to see each other very often. The suite had 3 TVs (overkill for us but might have been great for some,) a fireplace and a full kitchen complete with dishwasher.

Daily complimentary breakfast was huge and good and included plenty of hot food. My husband says it was the best hotel breakfast he's ever seen! The staff was wonderful and helpful. The property was neat and clean. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Liked — The apartment like feel to our accomodations
  • Disliked — Internet connection was in the kitchen - not at the desk in the bedroom
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for two weeks. The decor is dated, but it's clean and comfortable. The service was very good and the free breakfast is above average. The area is very safe and there are plenty of good restaurants nearby. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Copenhagen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2007

Stayed just one night on a business trip. Clean, large room. Even a big kitchen that I didn't make use of. Also good working space and sofa arrangement. Very nice complimentary breakfast. Regretfully, the Internet connection (both wired and wireless) were unstable if not just plain dead. The kind staff couldn't help at all, except they provided a hot-line number for the service provider. I didn't bother calling for support. Location seemed quite uninspired, but very convenient for business meetings with the nearby telecom industry players.

• Liked — Proximity to businesses. Quietness.
  • Disliked — Broken Internet.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kirkland, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2006

A decent place to spend a few days, but nothing too special. The service and people were friendly and helpful. Location was good, but a little tricky to find in the dark. The room was clean but smelled odd. Free parking, internet, and breakfast were valuable and the reason I chose this hotel over others priced similarly. The trade offs were rather cheap and worn furnishings, exactly the same mediocre quality breakfast offerings each day, fairly easy noise transmission between rooms, and the wireless was pretty useless from my room. The wired connection worked fine, but they apparently have a different idea of what "high speed" means than I do. The bed and pillows were comfortable.

All in all there are a lot of places to choose from in this area and I would probably try a different one next time.

• Liked — Comfortable bed, free internet/breakfast/parking
  • Disliked — Quality of room furnishings, noise
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2006

Wow, I get to write the first review on this property.

Let me start by saying I am a Marriott Platinum member, with more nights at Marriott properties than there are nights in a year. (400 nights last year alone)

This place has been my home for over a year. I cannot say enough great things about this property and its staff.

Here's my review:

(Last names omitted on purpose, I do hope you get to stay here and meet them personally).

Let's start with the hotel management, Holly (previous GM), Brad, (new GM), Brett (front desk manager, great guy), Christie, Michelle, April, Jennie and last but not least - and BEST of all - Susan P. who represents the epitomy of customer service.

And of course their staff, from the nice housekeeping ladies who always had a kind greeting (I'll never forget Maria Luisa), to the happy hour staff, to Martha, the hotel van driver (what a sweetheart, she deserves extra kudos).

I recently relocated to Richardson and have stayed here for over 300 nights since December 2004.

These guys write a new standard for the hospitality industry as a whole, one that should be emulated.

Yeah, they are THAT good. That GREAT. (Listen up, Bill Marriott)

They will make you feel not only like a home away from home, they will strive to make you FEEL at home.

With me, the accomplished that and exceeded all my expectations (and I have written some scathing reviews from all over the globe on here). To the point I lived here during my tenure in Richardson, TX with no need to look for a permanent residence. They will go WAY out of their way to please you and make you feel welcome. Way above and beyond the call of duty. Especially Susan P., Sales Manager.

SIDENOTE: this sidenote, in NO WAY reflects the effort of the people working at the property. Their internet provider, Guest-Tek, is rude and unprofessional. Again, I reiterate, it should not reflect on the effort put forth by the local staff, rather, it is a wake up call for the corporate contracts people - and directed at them - who negotiate internet contracts for these properties and stovepipes them onto the local management. (now, again, Bill Marriott at 1818, listen to your local staff, they know the needs of YOUR guests). The single bad experience I had with Guest-Tek in NO WAY obscures the way the property staff treated me, I could not have been treated better by them. And they apologized profusely for their vendor's actions.

While this is an extended stay property, and hence, limited services, the staff wil gladly not only point out good restaurants, shopping, local facilites, neighborhoods, etc, even doctors. They will take you there and back. (They actually took me to the mall to buy winter clothes and recommended what to buy, I'm from South Florida and was freezing when I got here) They will take that much care of you.

Again, I do hope the Marriott management checks on their internet provider (Guest-Tek) and keeps them in check, or better yet, replaces them (VOIP is a must nowadays). And I hope corporate listens to their local management and staff. It's not fair for your local staff to take the brunt of a corporate contract - and ensiung customer complaints - providers which may not work out in certain locales.

As far as the property staff, I can say to my fellow road warriors, with the UTMOST confidence, stay here, you'll feel at home. I can only give this property the HIGHEST recommendations. They try, very hard, and exceed any and all expectations.

Kudos to them. I will be staying here again, I hope you, dear reader, give this property a chance, give them your business, and give them a chance to make you feel at home. They will. Give them credit, and your business, they more than deserve it. You will not regret it.

To the corporate Marriott staff: if it weren't for the effort of these employees, you'd be out of business. You better appreciate them.

Enuff said.

Guys at the Richardson Residence Inn, I thank you.

Always will, and I will be back. For sure. You are what made me )and keep me) a Platinum member and what builds customer loyalty programs and makes them truly successful. You guys deserve the credit. You more than earned it.

And Susan P., thanks a million for everything.

Mike L.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Dallas Richardson? Share your experiences!