We were part of 20 people who drove to Tanglewood for a retreat. We had called ahead in advance to make lunch, dinner, and conference room reservations. Upon arrival we checked in and then went to the Barnacle for lunch. They had no record of our reservation and scrambled to get tables set up. The whole two hours we were there there was only 4 other people eating the restaurant. We were stumped by the name of the place. Not a single seafood or fish item on the menu.
The parking lot is 50 yards from the hotel, plan on borrowing a cart to haul your luggage. Not a bellhop was to be seen the whole time we where there. The water in the rooms tastes horrible. Plan to bring your own. The drains for both the sink and tub backed up and drained slowly. Room walls were thin and you can hear conversations in nearby rooms. Doors opening and closing woke us on a number of times. We could barely see the lake from our window.
We had dinner reservations made well in advance. When we arrived they did not have the tables set up for our group. 20 minutes later we were seated. An hour and 45 minutes after being seated our dinner arrived. Even when it arrived it wasn't until the second water refill did the waiter realize that one of the people in our party still did not have their food. I had the beef stroganoff and I think it had more butter than cream.
On a positive note, the spa was wonderful!! My wife and I did a couples massage. Before the massage you are served wine before going into a private room with whirlpool and sauna. The massages were heavenly, we both thought they were the best we have ever had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the tranquil Texas setting of Tanglewood Resort. Situated on Lake Texoma, Tanglewood Resort offers the finest accommodations, a wide variety of exciting activities, excellent meeting facilities and an experienced, qualified staff sure to make your stay memorable. From fine dining to a casual pool-side experience at Barnacles Sports Bar & Pizzeria, Tanglewood Resort offers a wide range of resort amenities: Relax at one of our 3 pools or hot tub. Enjoy volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, or a tennis match at one of our lighted tennis courts, or sit back and relax.Located just north of Dallas/Ft. Worth and a short drive from Oklahoma, Tanglewood Resort provides the perfect setting for both personal relaxation and business retreats. The Tanglewood Hotel features 120 spacious and beautifully appointed guest rooms. Looking for accommodations that are more spacious for the family and family pet? Our 126 beautiful villa rooms will not disappoint with options from 300-1400 sq feet of space. In addition, the hotel is home to the reception and registration area, state-of-the-art meeting space, business center, poolside lounge, gift shop, arcade game room, and Nautilus Fitness Center. Built to overlook the Conference Center, many of the rooms feature breathtaking views of Lake Texoma. The two buildings are adjoined by an enclosed 30-foot skyway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanglewood Resort Hotel Pottsboro
- Tanglewood Hotel Pottsboro