“Beautiful facilities on Lake Texoma, right next to Highport Yacht Club & Marina” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center

15% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pottsboro
grapevine, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent location and facility for groups and meetings of all sizes. Scenic views, trails, golf. Lake and watercraft for use. Also great get away from the city to enjoy and experience Lake Life at it's best! Must see!

• Stayed March 2013
Monica W, Guest Relations Manager at Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Very glad you enjoyed. Come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

To call this place a "Resort" is very sad in the least. To even use Tanglewood and Resort in the same sentence is humorous at best. The only good thing on the property for the children is the pool. To pay almost $300 a night for the use of a "Villa", again making you think that the room is going to be much more then just an old musty outdated "Motel" type room is a joke. SAVE YOUR MONEY and take the kids to "Great Wolf Lodge"!! The cost is about the same and is way more FUN for the children. Where do I start? Oh yes, the old outdated front lobby with who knows how old the leather couches are, my guess is at least 10 years. Then there would be the old moldy damp carpet throughout the whole main "motel" building. They are constantly having to place big floor fans to try and dry out the must moldy stuff. Scary when you think of all the mold growing underneath the carpet. The main corridors of the floors are not air conditioned at all. You feel like you're in the tropics when the elevator door opens to go to the rooms. The "villas" are no better, do not kid yourself!! Old outdated televisions, notice the word choice televisions :) (Picture tube style). The villa we stayed in with the addition of what they call the lockout also had an old tube style television. All of the appliances in the villa where we stayed looked like they were original at the time the villas were built. They looked to be, at a minimum, 15 years old. Old musty carpet and drapes throughout the villa. The fold out couch mattress springs were coming through the material. Very sad, there is absolutely no attention to detail on the cleanliness or upkeep of this property. The towels look like something that you might get handed to you at the YMCA after getting out of the pool. You would think that a resort that charges resort type prices would have resort type towels to dry off in your "luxury villa." The entire property needs to be totally gutted and renovated. Dust everywhere in the dining area, just look you will find it. The main observation tower at the top on the outside looks like it is going to fall down. Trust me if you go there, you too can see the outside paneling of the tower is missing and the entire outside of it is rusted and does not even look safe to be up in there where a bar is located. I wonder when the last time a structural engineer reviewed the tower and deemed it safe to be up inside? Extremely disappointed in our experience. Would not come back, and certainly will not ever recommend to friends or family. I will tell them to steer clear of the moldy, outdated , SO called resort Tanglewood AKA "The Moldy Shangri-La" The entrance to this so called resort should read. Buyer/Guest beware, enter at your own risk. At least then, the owners of this SO called resort would be truthful to their unsuspecting guests and possible owners. :( I feel that the owners are more concerned with the cash in their pockets than spending it in the right places. In fact, they would have more money in their pockets if they renovated and truly cared about their guests.

Room Tip: Seriously my only tip is to avoid this place. Your money is better spent elsewhere. I added pic of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Monica W, Guest Relations Manager at Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We take our reviews very seriously and appreciate your feedback.

We are constantly making improvements and I am sure you can understand how
this is a process. During your stay I'm sure you were able to view the new
carpet in our hotel lobby as well as through the hotel. The smell you may
have smelled was that of the new carpet since it does give off a strong new
carpet aroma. We apologize for that smell during your stay. We are also in
the process of replacing different appliances and furniture in all rooms
right this moment and will be doing so for the next few months. We are very
excited about the improvements being made.

Your review has allowed us to place more focus on some of our upcoming
projects and we thank you!

We hope that in the future you will give us another chance and allow us to
satisfy all of your getaway needs.

Feel free to email or call me at any time to discuss your stay in further
detail mwolf@tanglewoodresort.com or 903-462-7855.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at tanglewood for two nights and loved the peaceful getaway! The Master Villa Rooms are amazing I could have stayed in the jacuzzi tub the whole time!! But we swam and played golf along with watching the lake from our balcony room! And the staff was very polite! I would recommend to anyone for a peaceful vacation!

• Stayed August 2013
Monica W, Guest Relations Manager at Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Fantastic! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope you visit again soon.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Love this place, has been a family favorite place since the late 80's. Great place to just get away from the city and relax. Monica is exceptional, knew just the room for Me. Great for a Family Vacation. Or a romantic weekend.

Room Tip: Master Villa is Amazing, Large Jacuzzi Tub in Master Bath/Bedroom, full kitchen, washer & dryer.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the compliment! It was our pleasure serving you. See you next time.
Anna, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I recently had a weekend get away at the Tanglewood Resort on Lake Texoma. The room was large, clean and had a great view of the lake. Although there was some minor service issues at Barnacles Sports Bar and the Tower Lounge, the food was great and the drinks were reasonably priced. My wife also thoroughly enjoyed a spa treatment on Saturday afternoon. Overall, it was an excellent weekend away and we will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great feedback Ryan. We're very pleased that you and your wife had a nice visit. We value all feedback and always strive to make every visit a positive experience. Thanks again and we'll see you next time.
dallas, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I would like to offer my review of Tanglewood Resort in Pottsboro, Tx. My main purpose of the stay was to get some needed rest and relaxation couples with a whole bunch golf . I stayed in a Villa room which I found to be clean, quiet and adequately stocked with things needed on a daily basis. I ate in the main dining room 5 times and was never disappointed. I'm a big eater so the breakfast buffets I found to be a value and fulfilling. The dinners are fairly priced for the type of food offered. Both of my dinner meals had filet mignon in it and were tremendous. I had the pizza in Barnacles one night and it was very good.
The Golf was excellent and was surprised to see the Golf course in such great shape in August. The greens were in excellent shape as were the fairways.

I can't wait to return to this Resort. It was a great value for the money.

Room Tip: I have to recommend the Villas since it's the only room I stayed in
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I wanted to take my husband to a stay and play golf resort. I had searched several places that offered this service. Tanglewood was close to us for a short drive. I had spoke to Monica several times to get all that we wanted. She was very nice and worked with me thru phone calls and email to help make our time there enjoyable, and she did. We are now planning another trip to take our grandchildren for a short mini vacation. I know they will enjoy all that is offered. I have to say the food is awesome, the hotel is clean and all the staff was very helpful. We are looking forward to the day spa, golf and a river cruise this outing. I know the kids will have a blast in the pool and the play area offered. Our experience at Tanglewood was fun, hope yours is too.

Room Tip: The first time we stayed at Tanglewood we were in the hotel, this time we are staying in one of the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!