To call this place a "Resort" is very sad in the least. To even use Tanglewood and Resort in the same sentence is humorous at best. The only good thing on the property for the children is the pool. To pay almost $300 a night for the use of a "Villa", again making you think that the room is going to be much more then just an old musty outdated "Motel" type room is a joke. SAVE YOUR MONEY and take the kids to "Great Wolf Lodge"!! The cost is about the same and is way more FUN for the children. Where do I start? Oh yes, the old outdated front lobby with who knows how old the leather couches are, my guess is at least 10 years. Then there would be the old moldy damp carpet throughout the whole main "motel" building. They are constantly having to place big floor fans to try and dry out the must moldy stuff. Scary when you think of all the mold growing underneath the carpet. The main corridors of the floors are not air conditioned at all. You feel like you're in the tropics when the elevator door opens to go to the rooms. The "villas" are no better, do not kid yourself!! Old outdated televisions, notice the word choice televisions :) (Picture tube style). The villa we stayed in with the addition of what they call the lockout also had an old tube style television. All of the appliances in the villa where we stayed looked like they were original at the time the villas were built. They looked to be, at a minimum, 15 years old. Old musty carpet and drapes throughout the villa. The fold out couch mattress springs were coming through the material. Very sad, there is absolutely no attention to detail on the cleanliness or upkeep of this property. The towels look like something that you might get handed to you at the YMCA after getting out of the pool. You would think that a resort that charges resort type prices would have resort type towels to dry off in your "luxury villa." The entire property needs to be totally gutted and renovated. Dust everywhere in the dining area, just look you will find it. The main observation tower at the top on the outside looks like it is going to fall down. Trust me if you go there, you too can see the outside paneling of the tower is missing and the entire outside of it is rusted and does not even look safe to be up in there where a bar is located. I wonder when the last time a structural engineer reviewed the tower and deemed it safe to be up inside? Extremely disappointed in our experience. Would not come back, and certainly will not ever recommend to friends or family. I will tell them to steer clear of the moldy, outdated , SO called resort Tanglewood AKA "The Moldy Shangri-La" The entrance to this so called resort should read. Buyer/Guest beware, enter at your own risk. At least then, the owners of this SO called resort would be truthful to their unsuspecting guests and possible owners. :( I feel that the owners are more concerned with the cash in their pockets than spending it in the right places. In fact, they would have more money in their pockets if they renovated and truly cared about their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the tranquil Texas setting of Tanglewood Resort. Situated on Lake Texoma, Tanglewood Resort offers the finest accommodations, a wide variety of exciting activities, excellent meeting facilities and an experienced, qualified staff sure to make your stay memorable. From fine dining to a casual pool-side experience at Barnacles Sports Bar & Pizzeria, Tanglewood Resort offers a wide range of resort amenities: Relax at one of our 3 pools or hot tub. Enjoy volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, or a tennis match at one of our lighted tennis courts, or sit back and relax.Located just north of Dallas/Ft. Worth and a short drive from Oklahoma, Tanglewood Resort provides the perfect setting for both personal relaxation and business retreats. The Tanglewood Hotel features 120 spacious and beautifully appointed guest rooms. Looking for accommodations that are more spacious for the family and family pet? Our 126 beautiful villa rooms will not disappoint with options from 300-1400 sq feet of space. In addition, the hotel is home to the reception and registration area, state-of-the-art meeting space, business center, poolside lounge, gift shop, arcade game room, and Nautilus Fitness Center. Built to overlook the Conference Center, many of the rooms feature breathtaking views of Lake Texoma. The two buildings are adjoined by an enclosed 30-foot skyway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanglewood Resort Hotel Pottsboro
- Tanglewood Hotel Pottsboro