“Never can go wrong with a Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Portland
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“Never can go wrong with a Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights recently while visiting the Portland area and as usual, Hampton Inns never disappoint. They had just recently installed new rugs throughout and our room was roomy, clean, and smelled fresh. Bathroom was also clean and fresh. Comfortable beds and pillows, nice TV, everything looking new. We were very happy here. Staff was helpful and courteous. We plan on staying here during our next visit and recommend it highly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jane G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corpus Christi / Portland, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, we Thank you so much for noticing our changes at our Hampton. We have worked hard this year to get our changes all completed before summer but we moving along. Hope to see you back real soon.

Thanks again from The whole Staff at The Hampton Inn Portland,
Jane Gimler/GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and mother-in-law decided to take a mini vacation during a break in my wife's school schedule. They decided to stay in Portland, since it would be quieter the Corpus Christi. We booked with the Hampton Inn since we are Hilton Honors members and have always had great experiences with them. They should have realized there was going to be a problem when the room keys did not work and had to be remade. As it turns out this had to be done every day, a new key had to be made. While not a huge inconvenience it was an unnecessary one. Then, the heating element in the hot tub was out. This should have been addressed at check-in so that they could decide whether to keep the booking or look at another hotel. This was, after all, a vacation trip and the hot tub was a necessity. The worst thing though was waking to find a large cockroach running across the bed. This upset my wife and she decided at that point, it was time to go. She has informed me she will not stay at this particular Hampton Inn again.

With that being said, she did love the complimentary breakfast that was served. The cheese omelettes and ham/egg scrambled was very well prepared and tasty. She said the condition of he room was good, other then the cockroach, and that she would still stay at Hampton Inns, just not this one.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jane G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corpus Christi / Portland, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I appreciate you bringing this issue to me and allowing me to follow up with our pest control company, Which is Ecolab Pest control they give us a 100% back if our guest find anything in there rooms, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. I also apologize for the inconveniences you faced with your room key and the hot tub. If we had been aware of the issues you were facing during your stay, we certainly would have done our best to address them at that time. If I can assist you further, please do let me know. Thank you. Jane Gimler
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I like to head down to the Texas coast every so often for some R&R and like the Portland area because its close to the Corpus Christi area but not as congested as some of the touristy areas. Since we go down there often, we usually don't go all out for a room preferring to stay somewhere not fancy but splurged a little for this hotel since they had a good rate if paid in advance. Hotel was in a good area and had lots of restaurants nearby. We arrived early and the nice girl at the front desk allowed us to check in early and gave us a room on 1st floor just down the hall from the desk. Noise generally doesn't bother us so that was fine and room was great. Pool and fitness center were good and so was business center. Breakfast was just ok but what do you expect from a hotel. Overall I recommend if looking for clean safe lodging in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Jane G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corpus Christi / Portland, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! We are happy to hear that you experienced great service and a comfortable stay. It is our first priority to ensure that our guests are satisfied and we appreciate your great feedback. We hope you will stay with us again!

Jane Gimler/GM
Hampton Inn Portland
jane.gimler@hilton.com
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I would definitely give the staff here 5 stars and the breakfast and evening reception are also very good. Rooms are reasonably clean but bathtub mold and mildew is totally unacceptable in a hotel of this caliber. Instead of removing the mildew and hiring a professional to regrout the tub, the hotel pasted plastic adhesive strips around the tub rim. These strips only promote the growth of mildew and are peeling back to expose it. With all the investment recently made in the public areas, you would think there would be enough money available for bleach and caulking.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Jane G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Corpus Christi / Portland, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Thank you for your honest feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I have contacted our housekeeping team to correct the problem. I understand the condition of the bathtub was of concern; I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. We will be fixing the issue in tubs as necessary and would like thank you for bringing this to our attention. Thank you as well for the kind words regarding our staff and dining options.

Jane Gimler
Pittsburg, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Seems to be an older hotel but clean and friendly.

• Stayed April 2012
San antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011 via mobile

This is not our first time staying at hampton hotels. In fact we paid for three rooms and my dad even enrolled in "Hilton honors" program. His room was good and so was mine. However my sisters room had little spiders in it and was given another room which was not comparable to what she paid for. The following morning we asked for an extra hour of check out which is offered but was first asked if we were all together. After saying we were the lady at the counter said she would only give one room extended check out and that we would need to move our luggage to that room. At one point before normal checkout someone was sent to my room to check and see if we had left yet? This is according to my 14 yr old daughter that was in the room before answering the door. I thought that was rude and even said this to front desk. All I was told was no one has ever complained before. I asked for a manager and was told none was available. I left at checkout anyhow.MAD.

• Stayed September 2011
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

I would not stay here ever again! 1st, [I have pics] the bathroom in my room had many spiders and they were unable to give me a similar room to fit my needs. 2nd the pool was dirty! 3rd For being a holiday..they did not have enough towels.
The response to all of my troubles was we have never had this happen! No apology just its never happened before! REALLY DOUBT IT!

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Hampton Inn Corpus Christi / Portland? Share your experiences!