“It not bad but it is not new” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn

You added Americas Best Value Inn to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2100 North Highway 35, between I-35 and I-238, Port Lavaca, TX 77979   |
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Port Lavaca
“It not bad but it is not new”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014 via mobile

It is an old days inn, and the bar and dinner is closed even though the sign behind the front desk has times where it is open. The have on there website that they have wifi but the front desk does not openly tell yoi the password. They also have on the website that they have HBO but they do not have it activated. Because it is now digital

• Stayed October 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kyle, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

You get what you pay for! This place smells of cigarettes (in the Non-smoking rooms) and stale alcohol. Bugs crawling in the bathroom. Very old 70's carpet and decor. We asked for an extra blanket and pillows and were told no. It is loud and raucous. Do not stay here!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Port Lavaca hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Well I have stayed in a better quality hotel before for the amount spent on the room I paid for, for one night. I walk in to find a couple dead rolly pollys which was not that big of a deal. I then go to plug in something in the wall to find a wolf spider and a dead Wolf spider. After killing the one alive I look under the bed to find a bunch of spider Webb's and what had look like a massacre of rolly pollys (hundreds). Did I mention the Wi-Fi? Lol that's right... Because there is none, they say they have it but good luck connecting. So as I try to lay down and watch some TV, I turn on the TV and a message pops up saying the cable was declined...uhm OK? Best advice, camping would have been better and cheaper

• Stayed July 2014
Beeville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We choose this hotel because the picture on the website looked great for the price. We stayed because we had to pay when we booked. When we got to the hotel the 1st room they sent us to was not even cleaned. The room we then got was ready but smelled bad. A/c was running and it was cool but smelled like it was locked up for months. There was only 1 trash can, no toilet paper (not even a paper holder). There was black stains in the bottom of the bath tub. Then behind the door in the bathroom there were old cockroach egg casings at first I thought it was dead rolly polly's but I was wrong. The kids went out to play in the pool and it was gross leaves all in the bottom like it hadn't been cleaned all year. Then later when we got ready for bed we pulled the comforter back and it was all stained up. There was not even 1 vending machine on the premises. The free cable service was very limited and the free wifi was so bad that we even sat in the lobby and still had bad connection. There was only 1 ice machine and it was all the way up front by the office. The free breakfast was only cold food on a small table in the front office area and was from 6-9???? Never the less I would absolutely not recommend staying unless you have no other option.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Brookeland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The first room I got when I arrived was dirty had dead bugs on the bathroom floor.I turned the air on and left when I got back to the room it was not cool so I thought maybe it was just hot outside but was still hot at 11 pm so I told them I wanted another room I get it and it was just cool enough to sleep but you had to stay uncovered .I wont stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
San Marcos, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Making the reservation was easy, getting there was easy, although it was rather small compared to other hotels we have stayed at, and it was "clean". Seriously needs to be updated, and the carpets may need to be replaced, as both rooms we had smelled a bit musty! We liked the convenience of its location, close to everything we were doing for the weekend.

Overall, would come back as it was reasonably priced for a holiday weekend!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Port Lavaca, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is okay.I would have to say stay on the first floor. The rooms are way nicer. They do not change your bedding everyday unless you ask . The restaurant is only open for lunch.the bar is OUTDATED but the bartenders are great !

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!