“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
AUSTIN
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Needed a place to stay while visiting friends, whose travel trailer is too small for visitors. Check-in was quick and hassle-free. Was delighted to learn that the only add-on was was tax. No hidden fees. That alone would make me consider La Quinta for future travels. Room was large and clean, with microwave, coffee maker, mini-fridge, and wide screen TV. Bathroom towels were nice and thick. No fancy toiletries, but soap and shampoo were all I needed.

Bed was medium/firm, with plenty of pillows. Although the sheets felt fresh and crisp, I did spy a small spot of blood, which was a definite turn-off.

As free breakfasts go, this was above the norm, with a waffle maker and a good selection of breakfast sausages, pastries, juices, and cereals... and a premium blend of coffee.

Although my guest room and breakfast room were nicely decorated, the lobby could use a spiff-up.

Front desk personnel were friendly, helpful, and professional. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
lqinnandsuitesportla, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Lavaca, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased you had a good stay with us. It’s a pleasure to serve guests who value the combination of comfort and affordability we provide. We strive for transparent pricing and the best possible value. We’ll take your comments about the lobby into consideration as part of our continuous improvement efforts. Thanks again for staying with us.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Groesbeck, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband took our whole family to La Porte, TX for my 50th birthday. We had seven adults and three grandchildren and we are going back this June. If you are looking for the perfect place for family friendly vacation I recommend this location. Beach and fishing during the day and wrap it up at the pool in the evening. We loved it !!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We get lots of vacationers, and I’m very glad our accommodations were right for your large family. It’s a joy to contribute to the vacation happiness and important life events of our guests. I hope you will find occasion to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you and the entire family again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

As a single, over 65 female safety is very important. At La Quinta Inn in Port Lavaca, not only were the rooms and service at 4 star rates, I felt very secure. I have a small dog who needs to be walked. When walking in and out of the Inn, there was always someone at the desk. I would highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

We take great pride in providing a safe, comfortable experience. I’m glad our efforts have paid off in a stay that was pleasant for you. Thanks sincerely for your comments. We value the business of guests like you and hope you will return. You can be sure we’re committed to remaining safe, comfortable and a great value.

Paradise, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My room was located on the second floor (even number). The room was very clean and spacious. The laundry room and snack/coke machine was right next door to me which was very convenient ($2.50 per load). The hotel is in a somewhat convenient location with a Walmart within walking distance. The hotel provides a decent breakfast in the mornings with several choices to choose from. Pleasant stay with friendly service.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the positive comments, including your comments about our friendly staff. We take great pride in this property and in the people we employ. I hope that if your travels bring you to this area you will stay with us again. It’s a true pleasure serving easy-to-satisfy guests like you.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I travel quite a bit for work and stay in alot of hotels.
this la quinta is very clean.Breakfast & coffee in the morning was hot and great. the staff was very friendly professional and helpful for all our needs and made us feel like we were staying with relativesI would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling Other then a great hotel there were also many attractions in the area.
would like to just say thank you to the staff for making our stay very comfortable.Hopefully we will be back soon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I’m very glad you had a nice stay with us and thank you very sincerely for your positive feedback. I’m especially pleased you found our staff friendly and helpful. I take special pride in that. If you’re in the area again, please stay with us again. Serving guests like you is my passion and a great joy for me.

oklahoma city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The La Quinta Port Lavaca Texas is a clean hotel in a terrible location. It is located next to a bottled gas distributer. Upon arrival we were relaxing in the room when we heard a loud hissing. I looked out the window and realized Large storage tank was emitting some sort of gas. This occurred about every 20 minutes. I called the desk and they Said it would stop about 8 pm. I noticed it was still making noise at 10:30 pm. If you are a light sleeper do not stay in the odd numbered rooms. These are the rooms on the noisy side. In addition by 6:30 they are loading trucks for delivery, every time the hi low backs up its beep beep beep. Plan on getting up early. I did ask for a different room on the opposite side. They only offered room 112 which was right next to the lobby and across from the breakfast room. The hotel parking lot was not full.

Room Tip: Stay in the even numbered rooms or stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us. I’m sorry that a situation outside our control detracted from your stay. While we satisfy hundreds of guests each week and get many very positive reviews, I apologize that our location was not ideal for you. As you saw, we provide ample parking, a choice of rooms and many other amenities that make us stand out from the competition, but I’m sorry we could not satisfy you.

salado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Title should say it all . Be sure to hang do not disturb sign and hope somebody can read English. Front desk staff the best . Very nice. Bed good food good clean all around. My wife and I will think twice about staying here again. We have stayed down the road and have had better experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I appreciate you staying with us and am sorry if our housekeeping efforts detracted from your stay. Our staff is zealous about maintaining a clean, comfortable environment, and hanging the ‘do not disturb’ sign is, indeed, the best way to avoid being disturbed. I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again, but I’m sorry we failed to meet your needs in this case.

Hotel Manager

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Lavaca? Share your experiences!