“Dirty Al's is all about the seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ponca City, Oklahoma
“Dirty Al's is all about the seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This restaurant is very similar to Pelican Wharf just on the other side of the street, Breakfast is served here every day and at a moderate price.Great view and great varied menu.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Houston
“Nice dining experience on the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We call this restaurant 'Clean Al's' because it has all the fresh seafood goodness of the very casual Dirty Al's restaurant on the Island, but with a nicer choice of fine-dining dishes and professional service. The snapper Rockefeller was excellent (and served in a generous portion), as was the stuffed jalapenos appetizer. My companions both had the pecan-crusted shrimp and also loved it. Our waiter's name was Sam, and he treated us like VIPs all night. Thanks a lot, we'll be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Midland, Canada
“Do not waste your money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

After our two month stay in Port Isabel before heading home to Canada, we wanted to take my wife's sister & her husband for a nice dinner and based on others' comments we chose this restaurant. The setting was very good, overlooking the Laguna Madre, piers and boats. Unfortunately, the service and meal quality fell far short of expectations.
-There was no cutlery on our table and none was supplied with our appetizers so we had to ask our server (2091) for some, TWICE, because she didn't scan the table to see nobody had cutlery for neither our appetizers nor for the entrees when they arrived..
-My Shrimp Bisque appetizer arrived with a film on the top. I cook so I know that it takes at least a couple of minutes for a cream-based soup to develop such a coating. It did taste good, if it was cooler than it should have been. The others were less critical of their plates and took what was provided.
-My wife's entrée was not as hot as it could have been and I must point out that this was at 6:00 p.m. on a Thursday night so the place was less than half full but there were lots of service staff.
-My Shrimp Etoufee entrée arrived with shrimp that were not even room temperature, and the accompanying rice was clumped and cold. I waited a few minutes for our server to reappear then waved at another who came and removed my plate to the kitchen. It came back our warmer but the rice had not changed and they hadn't bothered to replace the one shrimp that I had tried.
The dinner with one small Margarita and a beer (neither lady wanted a drink), no dessert or coffee cost almost $95.00. To show my displeasure with our server which was so far past unsatisfactory as to be disgusting, I left a very small tip but I doubt she's alive enough to realize the intent.
If you want a great dinner in Port Isabel try Marcello's (fancy) or Joe's Oyster Bar )casual) for less cost, better quality of food and far better service but do yourself a favour and DO NOT GO HERE!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Harlingen, Texas
“G & D”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Service is excellent, food is excellent, view is terrific, our waiter Antonio was very very nice. Good choice to have dinner.

Harlingen, Texas
“Great food, atmosphere and view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

On advise of our friends, we went to Dirty Al's to try the fried shrimp. We were seated by the window and had an awesome view. Our waitress was so friendly and attentive and told us all about the entrees as it was our first time in that restaurant. The shrimp was everything we had heard it was. I had the vegetables which were so yummy. I loved the julienne style. My husband had the fries which were wonderfully seasoned and crispy. We totally enjoyed the whole visit. We are going back very soon to try the scallops and grilled shrimp. We are sure they will be delicious too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere