I had stayed here only once previously, about one year ago, although my husband has stayed here several times with no problems. Last year, although the room was very clean, I couldn't understand why many things in the room didn't match at all, i.e. drapes, patterns on furniture, etc., while it looked as if some decorating touches were brand new. I guess they were in the early stages of the renovations. Well, upon arriving this month, I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The redecoration/renovations to the rooms are great, although it looks like some little things are still ongoing - there were new lamps and mini fridges being taken into the rooms when we checked out. There was an alcove in the new furniture for a fridge, so I would think all the rooms are getting them. The new contemporary decor looks great - new furniture, bed, and also the great flat screen TVs. Very clean rooms. Usual toiletries. The lounge has free appetizers in the evenings, and the drinks are very good. I did not eat at the restaurant on this trip although the rest of my family did, and I heard no complaints. I was really surprised at the look of the rooms - it was not what I had come to think of as "Holiday Inn" at all. The room was just as nice as some much higher-priced or higher-rated hotels I have stayed in, and I'm pretty picky about where I stay, to say the least. Cleanliness is paramount, and our room was very very clean. We were here for 2 nights, and upon returning to Port Arthur, I would not hesitate to stay here again. There are some very good restaurants very close to the hotel, and also stores nearby for anything that you may need. Also, the hotel has free high-speed internet, which I used on 2 different days, and it worked fine.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central Hotel Port Arthur
- Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central Hotel
- Holiday Inn Port Arthur
- Port Arthur Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central Hotel offers 164 guest rooms consisting of 101 kings and 7 suites, in a courtyard and tower type setting. Additional hotel features include a tropical outdoor swimming pool, large sundeck, gazebo and patio dining. The Holiday Inn is adjacent to Babe Zaharias golf course and 2 blocks from Central Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.