“If we could turn time back, we would have stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Port Arthur
Bergen, Norway
“If we could turn time back, we would have stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

As the title says. If we knew in advance how well we were to be taken care of, we would have stayed longer. My 14 collegues agree in my statement.
The staff that met us was well prepared and the check in was done With professionalism and friendliness at the same time. Rooms were airy and clean. Bathrooms spacy and welcomming after long days at work. Breakfast is for us a major meal of the daily routine. At this hotel we was well taken care of in the mornings by the staff. Rich choises to our likings. Try the omelet. It is as tasty as you want it.
You know you are at a good hotel when there is a smile in the employees faces. You know that you are at a very good hotel when Your fellow guests smiles. In this hotel we met many smiles. And so did we.
I can not Write a review without mention the bar and the fireplace located near the front desk. The room simply invites to a chill out. Our favourite spot in the early evenings
Untill next!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Orangefield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

One day in January, I was working my last night twelve hour shift in my normal three night workset before my short weekend at Motiva Enterprises and I was just getting off Friday morning and this was during the wintry mix ice storm in January that made the overpasses and bridges very hazardous to transverse that they had to close a lot of them. I live in Orangefield, Texas which requires me to cross the Neches river and at the time, the Veterans Memoral Bridge was closed due to the ice and I did not feel like waiting in traffic and chancing it by going over the Purple Heart Memorial Bridge in Beaumont, Texas so I decided to wait it out and check the internet on my phone on KOGT website to see if the Veterans Memorial Bridge will reopen later in the mornng. It was around 11:00AM and the bridge was still closed and I was getting fatigued so I decided to check into the Holiday Inn in Port Arthur, TX I walked in and the hotel lobby is very beautiful and I went to the front desk and asked what the rate was and told them I live in Orange County TX and I just got off the night shift at Motiva and I am fatigued and did not want to take my chances to drive over Purple Heart Memorial Bridge especially in icy conditions while I am too fatigued because I did not want to get in a wreck and put others in danger as well as myself. Usually most hotels do not allow guests to check in until 4:00PM but the front desk clerk completely understood my situation and was extremely helpful and professional. I even learned that they give Motiva employees a discount on the room rate so I showed them my badge and they discounted like $20 or $10 off the room rate which brought it down to $99.00/night plus tax and they had rooms that were cleaned that nobody stayed in during the previous night so they let me check in early which was a very big help. I would have to say that if you happen to be in Port Arthur for business or pleasure, choose this hotel. This place is the best.

The beds are extremely comfortable and the place is spotless. I cannot comment on the pool because it was way too cold to swim but I looked outside in the pool area and it was like a piece of tropical paradise in Port Arthur, Texas.

They do have a wonderful business center and very comfortable chairs in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
League City, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Nice building and accommodations, but a lack of attention to detail makes this a less than desirable location. I killed two huge roaches in the hallway outside my room at different times...who knows how many are still there? The breakfast buffet is barely that. One meat and very few selections. All the staff is very nice and helpful, looks like management just needs to give them the tools to make this a better place.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Keith699,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the cleanliness of the hallway prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Plantersville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

After reading a few reviews I was a little concerned about the hotel. After checking in, i am pleased with the room and overall experience at the hotel. The design and layout is dated, but appears to have been remodeled in the not to distant past. Has restaurant in lobby that is acceptable if you don't want to go out for dinner.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had the pleasure of meeting hotel owner who was busy setting up a beautiful Christmas display in the hotel's lobby. What a treasure to see. My wife and I took our grand daughter there which as one might expect, her little eyes were saucer big.
This whas become an annual traidtion for us when in town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We like to have direct access to our vehicle and this place has ir. Very nice updated room. Impressive decor. Nicest staff anywhere. The restaurant was great for a late meal after traveling all day. Bar looked real nice. Right on the major highways for any direction. Desk gave perfect directions on departure for detour to Galveston. Likely the best stay in Port Arthur and at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Doubles have outside great access.Park right at your door.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Little Rock
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Due to a mix up on our reservations at Holiday Inn Express and no rooms available to meet out needs we were sent over this hotel.
Pro: The receptionist Debbie was great. She was very friendly and helpful in getting us two rooms close together considering most hotels were full due to the baseball and other activities for the weekend. The location was great. Very close to the mall and places to eat. Easy access to US 69.
CONS: This is not what I would consider a hotel for the section that we stayed in. It was very oblivious it had been renovated. New comfortable bedding and furniture. But the rooms are exterior rooms, doors open to outside, and although the rooms appeared cleaned they smelled old and musty. The air conditioner was so loud we did not run it in order for us to sleep. Thankful it was not to hot. Neither my husband nor I are very large but the bathroom was small and cramped. There is no closet. The closet area is in the vanity area with a small rack. This is definitely not a hotel by my standards.
I would only recommend it if you don't mind this type of setup. For me it would not be worth the regular price being charged nor meet the security needs if your have children or a group staying together that will be visiting from room to room. We travel with large family groups and with our kids and grandkids. The hotel setup, cleanliness, and security is very important to us.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear BOWDY,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience this has invariably caused you.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and may use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central? Share your experiences!