“Pics are nicer than the actual property” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Port Arthur
Mount Juliet, Tennessee, United States
“Pics are nicer than the actual property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was excited to stay at this property because the pics made it look beautiful and i thought it was an interior corridor. Not the case. Only the king beds are interior. There is no kind of breakfast bar. While the pool had a nice layout but it was not clean. Bugs and dubris were floating about. The staff was neither friendly nor rude. They were just there. No smile or warm welcome at check in. I called the front desk and asked for tissues because there were none in the room and my daughter had a cold. Never did get those tissues. I expected better from a hotel that was $110 a night. I recommend the Laquina across the street. Much better as far as pricing, staff and ALL rooms are interior.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Jessie L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Most importantly, I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience the overall condition of the hotel may have caused you. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our two week stay. Rooms are cleaned daily, sheets changed, and the beds are so comfortable. The pool was amazing, surrounded by palm trees,  lounge chairs and tables! The gym was nice with two treadmills, stair-stepper, weight machine, and two TVs. Complimentary bath and bodyworks lotion, shampoo, conditioner, and face/body soap. So much nicer than the normal stinky hotel soaps.  Hotel staff was very friendly. The only con was having to ask for a mini refrigerator and microwave, which should be standard in every room. The hotel restaurant breakfast was overprice and really should have been complimentary for the price of the room. Overall, a nice hotel and an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The hotel is a renovated, old Holiday Inn. It is a "full service" hotel with a restaurant. If you get a room, make sure it is in the "tower" or your room will have a door that opens up into the parking lot.

Rooms are modern, wireless works fine, and the restaurant is nothing special but is suitable if you prefer not to venture out.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear ALTravellor,

Thank you for your feedback, and choosing our hotel. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This hotel was a last minute decision after the hotel we had originally booked had no water. We were a large party and the hotel was able to accommodate all of us; the rooms very clean, very efficient and the staff was very helpfu and friendly. We initially didn't book this hotel due to some negative reviews on other travel sites, but were pleasantly surprised. Would definitely stay there again if in town.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Ashton, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

This was my second recent stay in a Holiday Inn and the experience was not good. It seems that more attention is placed on giving the hotel a face lift than attending to the basics of a well run hotel. My room wasn't as clean as I would have liked, as I found nail clippings on the floor. The new multipurpose console in my room had a space for a decent minifridge but it was empty. Instead, there was a tiny yet noisy fridge on the floor near the door that I had to unplug because it was so loud. When I used the exercise room in the morning, there were no towels or wipes. The staff at the front desk seemed very poorly trained and unprofessional. Not that I am expecting a lot here. Several times while in the lobby I overheard the receptionist on the phone with her friends talking about last night's party.

But the worst was the poor service. We left prepaid FedEx packages at the front desk to be returned to our office. After two weeks when the packages were not received, my assistant telephoned. The receptionist answered "Hello" (not Holiday Inn). My assistant inquired about the packages and was told they didn't have them. My assistant was persistant and the receptionist looked harder and said "Yes, we have them." She was asked why they were not picked up and she responded "You have to call FedEx youself," something I was never told at the time. When asked "Isn't this a service you provide for your guests?" the answer was a flat "No." Come on! You have packages clearly labeled with names, addresses, and phone numbers that are in your storage for two weeks and you do nothing about it? The hotel must receive daily FedEx shipments and not once could anyone connect the dots/

I'm beginning to think this may be a chain-wide issue for Holiday Inn. Shame on you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Gonzales, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

There aren't any really nice, plush places to stay in Port Arthur to my knowledge, but there was nothing at all wrong with this Holiday Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful. They gladly stored a bag for me the morning I checked out so I could come back and pick it up that afternoon before I traveled home. The lady at the front desk said, "Good morning," and "have a nice day," every morning. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. No complimentary breakfast, but they did have very tasty complimentary coffee every morning. The fitness center was good enough. Had no problems with the internet, television, etc. Overall very good place to stay. Some rooms are entered from inside the hotel, others are entered from the parking lot. I had an "inside room." A friend had an "outside room," and theirs was just as nice as mine.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I booked this hotel and didn't think much about it. I have been to this area many times and had passed this hotel several times. Anyhow, I arrived and the front desk was great, check in was a breeze. Then I got to my hotel room that had a very nice plasma tv and the room was great. I mean it was one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in while traveling on the road. The shower had a European shower head, and there was plenty of towels and accessories. The room and bathroom were super clean and smelled clean.

The only complaint I would have would be the A/C unit in my room was dripping a lot of water inside of the unit. I don't fault this on anyone, because August in Southeast Texas can be rough. The unit worked, and worked well and that's the most important part.

I did not have a chance to check out the breakfast bar or any other part of the hotel, but i would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
MattJ2255, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
I am very happy to read about your surprising stay here at our hotel. I want to thank you for taking the time to give us a great review and I hope you will come stay with us again if you are ever back in beautiful Port Arthur.

Matt Jackson

Been to Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central? Share your experiences!