“Will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tucson, Arizona
“Will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

I travel a lot for business and usually not so lucky to have such a nice hotel in the industrial areas I go. This hotel is always so clean and the staff makes me feel very welcome every time I come back. I have tried a few other hotels in the area but I love getting my Hilton points and my flyer miles both with each stay. I will be back by the end of the month.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Kemah, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

I travel on business to this area a lot. I have a preference for Hampton Inn because of the comfort of their beds. This hotel is very new and very clean. It is obvious the staff pays attention to details. I met the head of housekeeping on my last trip and now I know why. If you are looking for a great hote in the Port Arthur area, close to restaurants and shopping, this is it. The Mexican restaurant accross the parking lot is not bad for close eats. The free breakfast at the hotel is fresh and plentiful with a good selection.

Room Tip: I always ask for a quiet room anywhere I stay.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Liverpool, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

So ... I prefer Hampton Inns, usually, why ... they tend to be clean, comfortable, and very affordable. This Inn hit the first two but for some reason it is much more expensive than the other hotels on the area. In fact I was traveling on a government contract and these guys wouldn't give me the government per diem rate. They said they don't give it during the week? Strange because another person I was working with there got it.

As for the hotel. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Excellent WIFI where ever I went in the hotel. Comfortable beds and great breakfast. Everything I've come to expec from Hampton Inns. The one thing I didn't like is that there was a faint odor in my room, like rotten flowers or a faint urine smell. I've had strange odors in a lot of hotels in thus area, could be remnants from water damage from the hurricanes. Also my heat/AC didn't regulate itself well in the room.

All in all better than most hotels on the area.

• Stayed November 2011
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Customer service was awesome. Rooms were very clean, nice furniture and the bed was so comfortable I slept like a baby.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
chirag242, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Dear Guest - I am pleased to read your response to your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites of Port Arthur. Our Number One Goal is to have Great Customer Service and a Clean Room for ALL of our Guest.

ps - we won't tell anybody that you slept like a baby!

Thanks again for your kind words.

Steve Hatfield
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Stayed here one night while calling on Valero. A good Hampton Inn - clean, affordable, and up to date. Have a very good business center, and very helpful front desk staff. All the small town Texas chain restaurants are close by for dinner after work. I have no problem recommending this property.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Grand Prairie Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Our rooms were ready when we got there. The front desk person was as friendly as could be. Everywhere we looked, the hotel was clean, has a good laundry room for do it yourself washing clothes. We went and sat in the lobby and they were kind enough to let us get drinks from the breakfast bar. Our room was so comfortable. I loved the bed and had the best nights sleep away from home. I would totaly recommed this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
New Orleans
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

A newer Hampton Inn, with premium bedding, room furnishings, and in this case hallway and lobby. Swimming pool was larger than usual. Friendly staff.

Hotel is between a couple of other lower grade properties in an area of new suburban development, and footsteps away from a local Mexican restaurant (did not try it).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Port Arthur? Share your experiences!