“Extremely nice! It was quiet and clean...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 17 hotels in Port Arthur
Houston, Texas
“Extremely nice! It was quiet and clean...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is an extremely nice hotel. It is in a great location with a mall and a Target within a 1/10 mile behind the hotel. The hotel was super clean and had the most quiet rooms I have stayed in; did not hear any hallway noise at all. I would recommend this hotel rather you are staying for business or a family getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Middlefield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Returning from New Orleans, we needed a quick overnight stay. This hotel fit the bill perfectly.

The price was perfect, the room very clean, the location close to what we needed, and breakfast was great. The outdoor pool, although we didn't use it, appeared to be very popular

This hotel caters to those working in the local refinery industry, so we didn't see many people using the common areas. A lot of hard working guys, getting off work, and going to their rooms to crash until the next day. A very quiet hotel.

Room Tip: Many good restaurants w/in walking distance.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here on a Saturday night. We were VERY impressed with the cleanliness of the room. This is seriously one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed at ... squeaky clean!!! The beds were all very comfortable, and the room was quiet.

We had driven 7 hours that day, and we loved the location of the hotel next to the mall. If you walk into Target, it connects to the mall. Then once you enter the mall, you turn right toward Sears, and there is a fabulous free children's play area in the restaurant section. We have small kids, so they had a blast running around. My husband and I were able to eat our dinner while watching the kids play.

The next morning, breakfast was served until 10 a.m. There were pancakes, sausage, eggs, cinnamon rolls, and biscuits. Great selection! We got down to breakfast late, but the attendant was SO considerate ... she made up fresh biscuits and sausage for us even though she was closing up in 5 minutes. She was absolutely terrific.

We love this hotel and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Little Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

There was a mix up in the initial reservations and we, husband, son and grandchildren, were not able to stay at the hotel on the first night of our stay. The receptionist, Claudia, was very helpful and made sure we were taken care of at the Holiday Inn Hotel down the street. Upon checking in there I called the Express back and ask if they could accommodate us the following night and she took care of ensuring that we would be accommodated the following night. Upon returning the next day she remembered us and got us checked in with no problems. She also made sure that all of our party received rooms in close proximity of each other. Excellent customer service. As for the hotel it was very clean, next to mall, and good selection of places to eat. Easy access to US Hwy 69. The pool was small but met the needs for the kids. Breakfast was pretty good with a fair selection of hot foods. Would have loved to have waffles. Overall very good hotel and would definitely stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013
471RyanH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for coming back and staying with us on the second night of your trip. As a team we are committed to ensuring that your stay is just right. We also appreciate your feedback in relation to the ammenities and services of the hotel. Although waffles are not part of our core breakfast package, we will certainly take that into consideration as an option to add. I will certainly take a moment to share your thoughts with our team and Claudia individually. I am glad she took great care of you. Thank you again for your most valued feedback.

All the best,

Ryan H.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'll be the first to admit, I usually don't write reviews but this place was terrible. The property was dirty, there was no light bulb in my lamp, the carpet was wet from a leaky AC unit, the multi-outlet attached to the desk did not work (which I needed for all my electronics), the lamp on my desk did not work, and there is no TEXAS Rangers channel on the cable channels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Marty H,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced most especially with the condition of our property and maintenance levels on site being sub par. Your comments will be forwarded to the ownership of the hotel to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Be confident that your notes will be shared with the staff involved in the processes of taking the appropriate actions to rectify these unsatisfactory situations.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kilgore, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Booked by our company for a training session in Nederland. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and neat. Breakfast was hot and attendant was great at keeping all the items filled. Exceptional Holiday Inn Express, would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
471RyanH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of my staff, thank you for the great feedback that you offered to us on your most recent stay. We are thrilled that your experience was comfortable, clean, and that you felt well taken care of in our Hotel. I will certainly pass on your positive comments to the staff and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive experience.

We so appreciate your business and look forward to your return trip to Port Arthur.

Best Regards,

Ryan H.
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here Fall 2012 for two nights. I was a little hesitant because it was in a small town. Let me say, it was way nicer and more comfortable than the Mariott I stayed in Houston! I didn't want to leave the bed, it was so incredibly comfortable! room was very clean as was hotel. Quiet, I wasn't disturbed by other people as can happen at some hotels (but I did ask for the top floor). I didn't eat the free breakfast because I wanted to sleep in till the last possible moment and enjoy the room. I would go here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Arthur? Share your experiences!