“Best Hotel in Port Arthur, TX” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Port Arthur
Houston, Texas
“Best Hotel in Port Arthur, TX”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed in almost all Port Arthur Hotels over last few years. Holiday Inn Express is the best. New, clean, quiet, efficient staff, good location. Breakfast is not great but good anyway. Just do not stay to close to elevator it makes some noise. Make reservation ahead, as they are always booked.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cleveland, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice the first time was ok other that there was very little hot water the next morning when I went to take a shower. I informed the front desk when I checked out and all I got was "Oh sorry" but I liked the hotel so I stayed the next weekend also. I always book my reservation on priceline and told the front desk and showed my receipt where I had already made payment when I checked out the next day and got home I checked my bank acct only to find I had been charged again for my room I called the hotel they assured me it would be taken care of the charge came off the next day there was another charge I called they took that one off the same day ANOTHER this time it took a week to get it back forget trying to speak with a manager they are either not there or cant come to the phone I finally had to email her. Too bad this was handled so poorly I would have been a repeat customer since I go to port arthur every weekend but this time I am going to try La Quinta I hope they are better.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Webster, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

I checked into this hotel for valentine's weekend, and I paid cash when I checked in. The hotel charged my debit card anyway, even though I had paid cash. As a result I incurred fees from my bank, and when I called to complain about it, they said "that's just how it works" and didn't seem to care, even when I threatened to take my business to the Hampton, where I have stayed before, and the service there has always been great. Thanks for nothing, Holiday Express. Because of your rudeness and your uncomfortable beds, the Hampton gets my business from now on.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Holiday In Express & Suites

3115 Central Mall Drive

Port Arthur , TX

What can I say that I did not already tell the staff about this fantastic place to stay after a long day of work? I stayed one week and it felt like home!

The amenities at this hotel are just unbelievable. Each room receives, shampoo, conditioner, soap, a vanity pack, mouth wash, hand lotion, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Each evening when I came in from work there were hot cookies in the lobby. Keyera Duff at the front desk always greeted me with a smile. Keyera also knew where all the best restaurants were. I looked forward to seeing her after a long day. The breakfasts were great, whether you wanted a hot or cold breakfast. I even received a “to go bag” of fruit and a muffin or bagel. This hotel certainly goes the extra mile. I had broken a bottle of nail polish in the bathroom. I felt awful about it and called down at around 11 pm at night. The cleaning services were not available at that time. I cleaned up as much as I could, but was told that they would get to it in the morning. Well, Cheryl Matthews & Steven Morales cleaned the bathroom so well, you would not have known I had broken the bottle. And believe me there was a lot of nail polish to clean up, it was a brand new bottle. Fabian Jacko the Assistant Manager, said he would request acetone be kept on hand, because I certainly would not be the only person to do this. Fabian so understanding. Speaking of the bathroom, it had a European shower head, and the towels were so very soft. This hotel was one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in.

The rooms here are kept exceptionally clean, and they smelled clean. The AC filters were clean, there was a mini fridge and a microwave. The furniture was contemporary and the room was huge, it included a large flat screen TV’s which I loved. The first floor rooms have ceiling fans. I think that is a big plus, although I did change my room, because I did not want to be near a back entrance way. The grounds are kept meticulously. The area around the hotel is great. On a nice day you can walk to the mall.

All I can say is thank you for a wonderful stay. I will recommend this hotel and will be back again.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

I was travelling on government travel and this was all I could find at the per diem rate. Worked out fine. Very comfortable rooms in a new hotel. The breakfast was fine and free, as was the internet. The location is right on the main highway next to the mall. Rooms were noise free.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
HIEXPRESSPATX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Arthur, responded to this review, April 9, 2010
Thank you for writing your review. We will continue to provide the best experience for our guest. I hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Patricia E. Puma
Director of Sales

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Port Arthur
409-853-4114
Wylie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Stayed here last weekend. Nice clean new hotel. Several other hotels just a block away but this one is off teh highway where the others face it directly. No problems encountered. We were here to visit a dying relative and asked for a late checkout. We were granted 2pm checkout and told if we needed more they would make arrangements. Nice decor - didn't get to eat free breakfast but facilitied looked good. Several restaraunts, Starbucks etc within a few blocks also a small Mall directly behind hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

The hotel is brand new, and the rooms are comfortable and spacious as are the bathrooms. Nice walk-in showers, LCD screen TV, fridge and microwave. The breakfast is basic 'free breakfast' canned breakfast. Nothing special. And no fruit when I was there, so if you're trying to eat right, that isn't happening here. The workout room is two (or three) treadmills and a bike. No weights. It's RIGHT next to Target and the mall so you have plenty of dining, shopping options.

So great hotel. HORRIBLE staff. I checked in and inquired about extended stay and the gal didn't seem to know anything (including what day it was). I get my bill the next morning, and assume that's what my credit card will be billed. NO! Instead they bill me $30 more for no reason. (Obviously a keying in error.) I call and the gal says she's 'closing out the night' and can't look anything up and someone will call me back. They never do. Will be disputing the charge. And when I left the hotel some maintenance worker (who didn't look like he actually worked at the hotel) was behind the front desk and had no idea what he was doing.

I also call the hotel manager to find out about extended stay rates. NEVER called me back. The owners of this hotel need to watch their employees. I would have spent more money to stay at this hotel long term, but because the staff was so incompetent, I would stay away from this hotel. What you get in a nice clean new hotel, doesn't make up for the frustration later when you're trying to get money back they overbilled you.

Also you can hear the traffic from the highway, so if you are a light sleeper, stay away.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Hi my name is Patricia E. Puma; I am the new Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Port Arthur. I read your statement and I wanted to sincerely apologize. I guess from the sound of your comments it was a pretty awful experience with our staff. I truly hope you will understand that we opened our doors in January 2010 and being such a brand new hotel , the staff is new and learning the systems. However, you should have not had to deal with it. In addition to your concerns, we are offering fresh fruit at the breakfast - bananas & apples. I certainly would like to have a chance to make things right for you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 409-853-4114.

Respectfully,

Patricia E. Puma
Director of Sales
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Port Arthur

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Arthur? Share your experiences!