“Excellent stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Port Arthur
davenport
“Excellent stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed here after a had a problem with econo lodge.The facility was clean,mangement was great.I had a problem with my being overcharge.She handle the problem right away!I would stay there again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Conroe, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Do Not Use A Debit Card! They charged our Card 4 different times even though we paid with CASH. Then accused my husband of smoking, which he does not SMOKE and charged my card $250.00. When I advised Nancy he does not smoke, she said I saw it, AGAIN my husband does not smoke, I believe they were mad, because he complained of NO hot water, & rather than staying here for the week, he moved to another hotel. In fact until I called to inquire about the charges she had to send someone to look in the room, to find he was NOT there.Nancy told me HE should have CHECKED OUT & and that is when she advised she was charging me $250.00 for the smoking when she didnt EVEN know he wasnt there any longer. How can you see it, if you dont even know he's Gone?????

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed here on my way to Virginia. The facility was really clean as well as the room. There are several restaurants along this highway. It is a great place to stop for the night and then continue your trip. I was thinking that it was going to smell like oil because of all the oil refineries that were close by but it didn't smell bad at all. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I got a discount because I am military so I thought that was pretty cool. The bed was ridiculously comfortable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I have stayed many times at this hotel. It's adequately clean and quiet, although there can be a lot of truck traffic outside the room if your room faces the highway. The breakfast is extemely basic, cereal, a few slices of toast, juice, coffee. The rooms are large and the decor is standard Comfort Inn--fridge, microwave, armchair, desk. Wi-fi is free but sometimes quite busy and resets frequently during the evening. There are many malls next door and across the road so if you want to shop you have options. Schooner's is the nearest decent restaurant and Rao's is the nearest decent coffee.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
San Fraan Francisco, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

I spent a week on the road staying in hotels that cost between $55 and $110 per night. This Comfort Inn, at $80, was by far the best. True it's near the highway but the windows are good and I couldn't hear the traffic. The staff (even the cleaning staff) were helpful and friendly. The entryways and hallways had nice carpet and nice paint jobs - it didn't feel run down, trashy or impersonal. The rooms were large, clean, and comfortable. Everything worked. The pillows were terrific and so was the mattress. The wireless was speedy - first time all week that I could use skype. The pool was clean, the exercise room well-appointed. What more can I say? It's not the hilton, but it's SERIOUSLY above average for the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
GALVESTON, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

We had to stay at a local hotel, due to damage on our home. We negotiated a long term rate with the manager, for 3-6 weeks. At week three we were asked to change rooms and pay a higher rate. This was because Motiva (a local refinery) wanted the rooms at a higher rate. We ended up going to the Holiday Inn Express. The motel was clean and the rooms nice, however I would not stay there again because they will charge you more than the agreed price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

My mother was traveling with me and had to have a handicap room which was perfect. The room was very nice. Staff was very friendly. The cost of the room was very reasonable. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009