“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gulf Shores Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Gulf Shores Condominiums
You added Gulf Shores Condominiums to your Saves list
6021 State Highway 361, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
Victoria
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We discovered this palce about 15 years ago by driving along the beach and seeing which condos were the closest to the sand. Being old,Gulf Shores is the closest and will remain so becasue of newer regulations. All of the units are essentially the same in the floorplan although some have undergone some renovation.They are all indivually owned so the furnishings vary from unit to unit. We go after Labor Day when the crowds thin out. They have avery good website with pictures of the various units. Only downside is that it's about 6 miles to town and the grocery stores,etc. although there is a convience store closer in to the complex.

Room Tip: The end units have more outside area for the same price,I think
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GSResort, General Manager at Gulf Shores Condominiums, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoy your visits Gulf Shores Condominums.
We look forward to you next visit.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

So I've been staying at these condos with my dad since I was a little kid. It'd been probably 15 years since my last stay here. Well, it was a lovely stroll down memory lane, as almost nothing has changed since then, lol.
Don't get me wrong, it's a good place, but it's just getting old. Ancient vents show on the outside of each unit. The elevator is ancient and dirty. The luggage carts, I'm pretty sure, are the same ones that were there during my childhood.
We booked one of the end units, which are larger and two bedrooms. Very spacious living room, and a good sized kitchen. Stove was old and coffee maker didn't work. Oh, and the "master" bedroom is only separated from the living room by these ridiculous sliding walls. So don't expect much privacy.
All units face the beach though, which is really cool. No partial views like many beach side condos offer. And it's right on the beach.
Pretty tame beach scene in this area, which is nice for families, though perhaps a little boring for couples/friends/younger folk.
It has tennis courts, but they REALLY need wind screens on them. It's like playing in a tornado.
Overall, it's a pretty good place, but it's desperately in need of some upgrades.
I would not return on my own dime, as I feel it's really overpriced for how outdated it is, but so long as my dad is footing the bill, I'll be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. Ther have been some improvements since you last visit and there
are continued improvements happening to the Gulf Shores Condos. We invite you down for another visit to check them out. The ownership and management are constantly loioking at
improvements around the building.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Short walk to the beach, very clean and reasonably priced. Very private, comfortable, at home feel. My family thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will definitely stay again. Four days was not long enough!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your great comment. You definately hit everything right on the nose. Looking forward to you next visit.
New Braunfels, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We never even made it there - when calling to confirm and add a day I find out that they not only messed up my dates but also wouldn't fix their error. Then they tried to charge my visa. Very disappointed!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comment. We apologize for your dismay on our reservation policies. We certainly appreciate your businss and hope you return again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We chose this complex and unit based solely upon trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed! Gulf Shores is THE closest to the beach of any complex in Port Aransas. Yes it is older, but that doesn't matter - it has a big, sparkling clean pool and the beach - kids can't ask for more. I will try not to repeat what others have already said but just add to it. If you go to the gulf shores condo web site (gulfshorescondo.com) you can look at all the interiors of the units. I looked at almost every one and unit 209 was the most "beach-ey". I want to stay somewhere where I feel like I'm AWAY and AT THE BEACH. It is decorated so cute and bright. It was spotless when we arrived. We would sit on the private balcony every night and just watch the water and listen to the waves. This location if perfect - we didn't hear any noise (it is at the other end of the complex from the pool which can get a little loud), and the laundry room is just downstairs. The washer and dryer were not large and rusted on the outside (like everything at the beach gets) but they worked. I did not think I'd do any laundry while there but we did need to. Large TV with all the channels and DVD player and stereo. Kitchen had kitchen towels, utensils, pots & pans, even dish gloves and new soap. The beds were comfortable. Our kids LOVED the place! We had a great stay and will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments on our accommodations. We appreciate your business and hope you are back soon to enjoy Gulf Shores and the beach.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nothing about this complex is super luxurious but it is very conveniently located close to the beach. It was not overcrowded even during the week of July 4th and we had no trouble staking out a great place each day on the beach. The people at the front desk are nice & helpful and the other guests were as well.

The unit itself was very cute -- one of the most attractive I've seen as they didn't go too overboard with the beach theme. All the units have an open floor plan with a sliding partition between the living room and the bed room that faces the ocean which is a bit odd at first but it was nice to be able to open it up actually and all pile on the beds to watch the big TV at night.

The main con --
There could have been a little more storage for clothes, etc, and some additional places to hang towels and suits -- especially in the master bathroom.

Not super fancy but great for the location and the price. I also like that all units have a great view. I'll stay here again, definitely.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We hope you are back to visit our place soon. We appreciate your business.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Gulf Shores Condo's are extra close to the beach and being on the first floor made it super convenient to get to the beach. Being in a corner condo allowed us to have a front and back patio but we used the beach side patio only. They had nice sturdy patio furniture which was tall and allowed us a wonderful view of the ocean. This condo was so well equipped, nice pots and pans, good dishes, all the cooking and serving utensils you could need. The beds, linens and pillows were all extra nice. The living room furniture was very nice and the kitchen was nicely updated. The beach was amazing, never crowded nice and clean. We hired a canopy from Blue Me which was only $20 a day. Not bad if you don't have room to haul your own canopy. We are a family of 5 and the space was just perfect. This condo is close enough to Port Aransas to make going out to eat, shopping and grocery shopping easy. This particular condo is for sale.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to see you enjoy our place and the area, and of
course, the beach. We are looking forward to your next visit, as you are I'm sure.

Been to Gulf Shores Condominiums? Share your experiences!