“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 73 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American, Seafood
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We sat on the deck on a hot evening and the breeze was amazing!! Staff was very friendly and service was prompt. The food was good but the portions were a little small for the price. Our kids enjoyed playing downstairs and that alone made our meal very relaxing.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Wichita Falls, Texas
“Better than average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Food was awesome and so was staff and service. Fairly typically bar food but it was delicious. Most of the seating is upstairs outside so no air conditioning. Great place to view the sunset.

Visited August 2014
“Very good food, really fun staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I read good reviews about this place, so I made the drive from Corpus to Port A on the last night of my mini vacation (9/22). There weren't many cars in the parking lot, but since it was only about 5:30, I decided to take a chance. Glad I did! My seating options were outside with a nice view, or at the bar with a/c. I love a nice view, but I like a/c better. The food was really good, but the bartender and waitress working that evening made it a great meal. They were both fun and friendly. Plus, I got to sample a drink the waitress created! Wish I could remember their names, but I do remember the bartender was from Bureleson, Tx...not far from where I live.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Timing and Service Need Work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This place has the potential to be amazing.... location, atmosphere, non traditional appetizers, fun menu but the timing of delivering food and overall service is dismal. There were only 20 people in the place and three waiters and not once did anyone refill waters or our kid's sodas. We ordered appetizers and they arrived just a few minutes before our entrees so most of it was left uneaten. My meal was supposed to include a salad and it wasn't delivered even after I reminded our server that it was missing. No discount or credit was offered in lieu of the salad either. When we finished our dinner with a lot of food left over no one offered us boxes to take it with us. To top everything off our bill was brought to us without our asking. If you don't mind being ignored then go for the view and breeze.

Killeen, Texas
“Cool View on the Deck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

It was 2 o'clock in the afternoon, temperature in the 90s and we stayed cool and comfortable on the upstairs deck. We had a relaxing view of the channel and enjoyed watching the boats and ferries.

Based on other reviews, we decided to check this place out and none of us regretted it! The crab poppers were fabulous, the grilled shrimp succulent and burgers and fries were a hit as well.

Service was was fast and friendly. The featured drinks were all pretty sweet, but I tried one anyway. It was whiskey, pineapple juice and coconut. Tasty, but still sweet.

• Visited July 2014