“couldn't ask for more in a vacation condo” 4 of 5 stars

Seaside Motel and condominiums
841 SANDCASTLE DRIVE @ BEACH, Port Aransas, TX   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
san antonio
“couldn't ask for more in a vacation condo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

It makes me sad to read these bad reviews of a condo that is old, yes, but well loved by the owners and the perfect beach home for a vacation. We just spent two weeks in #201, with a large balcony overlooking the dunes and the gulf, a totally furnished kitchen with new appliances, a large bedroom with a king sized bed, and a cozy living room that overlooks the water. Walk to the clean sandy beach in 3 minutes. Drive into Port Aransas, Aransas Pass, Corpus Christi, Rockport, or Fulton Beach within a half hour at most. The free ferry ride is a chance to watch the porpoises playing and the pelicans diving for dinner. It's a great place. Don't let these negative people turn you away, especially from condo #201 or the penthouse. They are great condos, and the motel rooms are clean with NO BUGS! The pest man comes every month!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed at the Seaside in early August for ! nightand had a pleasent experience. While there we looked at several properties as we were looking for a place we could frequently stay at. We love the beach and go several times a year. For the price and location we decided to return to the Seaside. We booked 4 nights. The service from the desk clerks to the maid service was very poor this time. Bed linens were not changed the entire stay, the floor was not vaccuumed, bathroom not cleaned,I'm pretty sure the only thing the maid did (when she came at all) was make the bed. From day 1 we had the towel police on us. The maids only left 1 clean towel the second day. We asked for more and were told they couldn't believe there was only 1 towel left in the room, we are vvery careful with our towels, but if you bring the dirties to the office we will change them out. Due to hurricainne Karl it was pouring outside so we shared the 1 clean towel. The next day the maid never even showed up. no clean towels for us. Took all the linens to the office for an exchange and again the clerk was very rude about the linens and the room not being cleaned. Must have been our fault. From the first day we stayed we felt as if the employees thought we were out to steal their linens. Really??? They weren't really worth stealing in the first place. We did not appreciate being treated this way and will pay a much higher price if needed in order to get the respect and service we expect when we are spending money in Port A.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2010

After reading the reviews we took a chance on this place as it was so close to the beach. Take it from me people...walk a little farther, pay a few dollars more. This is a 1 star, at most, motel. If you want coffee at 7:00am too bad... go buy it somewhere, office is not open til 8:00. And coffee is all that is offered! The rooms are dark, smell mildewed and the bathroom was dirty as was the inside of the mini-fridge. The front desk worker was rude and acted like it was a bother to answer questions. If you need wi-fi you must either pay for it or go to the office during office hours. There is 1 hot spot in there. We have been coming to Port A for many years but this was a first and last for this motel...It is the all time worst !!!

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

We drove up and I was hoping the outside was deceiving. Nope. My boyfriend read reviews and it sounded positive. Ok, give it a try. I slept that night wondering about bed bugs...I am not joking as my boyfriend thinks I am a drama queen.

The place is gloomy. The thought of cooking or eating there made my stomach turn. There was a certain smell. Pets perhaps? He paid $145 weekday & weekend rate of $165. Are you kidding me? Way too much!!!

I checked ourselves out. I will say the ladies at front were nice....that is about it.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

This was the cheapest one available on the island on 4th July weekend. Was clean for the price. Some noice due to people drinking on the second floor balcony. Location is unbeatable (on the beach). Entire Beach was fill of ocean grass, nasty looking and smelly like rotten fish which ruined our vacation. So will not go to that beach again for sure.

mt vernon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

beware of cozy condo 305 rented out by beachcomber vacations or known as stayinporta the bed had dirty linens with blood and hair on them it was really gross and the coffee cups had left over coffee rings in them as if they were put up dirty i would not recommened this place the location was good but not the stay and the bed was very hard like sleeping on the floor spend a few extra bucks and stay else where when i brought this matter to the attention of melissa she offered a 1 night refund of my money and i have yet to see it they are not honest and cant be trusteds

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Travelled to Port Aransas for the beach, and could not be happier with our stay. The walk to the beach is so close, the only way to get any closer would be to book a beachfront hotel. I have been on boardwalks longer than the short walk from this hotel. We originally booked here because we were going to bring our two small dogs, but changed plans at the last minute. I did not notice any 'pet urine' or other smells in the room we stayed in; everything seemed fresh and clean. I did not see many pets at all, and was glad I didn't bring mine - I needed a relaxing visit and I definitely got it at the Seaside. This is an older motel, 'no frills' and right by the beach so I was not expecting much, and was very happily surprised with the value for the price. Clean rooms, very comfortable beds, mini-fridge, microwave, tv, full size tub, coffee brewed all day in the office, free ice for the room, ice by the bag to purchase for $1.00 to fill your ice chest, laundry facilities if needed. Practically on the beach, but close to restaurants, beach shops, and grocery store. Friendly staff, and good rates compared to most others I checked. I do have a couple of critiques: the pool did not look very clean, so we did not use it (but we were there primarily for the beach), and our room had a water stain in the ceiling over the tub which needs to be repaired. But neither of those issues will prevent me from coming back for another relaxing vacation, as soon as I can. We also got a recommendation to eat at Kody's, and like we were told "it doesn't matter what you order there, it is good." Great trip for us. Will definitely stay here again. Shhh.... don't tell everyone, or the rates might go up!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Seaside Motel and condominiums? Share your experiences!