“Not your typical motel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Seaside Motel and condominiums

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Seaside Motel and condominiums
You added Seaside Motel and condominiums to your Saves list
841 SANDCASTLE DRIVE @ BEACH, Port Aransas, TX   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
idaho
“Not your typical motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My family and I were there this past weekend. I chose to stay here because of the location. Yes, it was just a few feet from the beach but it was not the nicest place to stay. Like many of the other reviewers, the place does not smell great. The smoking rooms smell like they were doused in air freshened but the scent goes away eventually. The feeling I got from this place was enough to make us leave a night early. I was not comfortable taking my shoes to even walk on the carpet. I will say, the location is great but I think for $140 per night, they could at least get new sheets and a nicer sized tv. At least the pool was nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I stayed here w/ a bunch of buddies about two years ago for a fishing trip. For something like a bunch of 30 something dudes who just want to drink some beers and play cards, it's perfect. I have two small children at home and no way would I bring them here. When we go to Port A with the family it's either the Sand Castle across the street from here or Port Royal.

The rooms were old and outdated, and the facility itself was just dingy. The prices are reasonable and the place is right on the beach, so again if it's just you and some buds looking for a place to to crash it fits the bill.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I took our three children this past weekend to stay at the beach! This motel was the only one who had a room! So we stupidly took it! The front office smelled horrible! The entire staff looked like they had fallen out of a redneck tree! They were rude and none if them were all on the same page! We went to our room which they did not tell us was a motel room.. For the price we paid it should not have been a motel room and were horrified! It smelled horribly! The TV was 15 years old, and our toilet didn't flush properly. After the third flush, it over flowed everywhere! I went down to tell the night clerk.. Her solution.. She handed me a plunger and told me to clean it up! I was appauled! It was there problem and they wanted me to clean it up! This place should be shut down! Its poorly done on the inside and out! It was the wrist experience ever!!

• Stayed May 2012
Killeen, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

This place is great if you want to walk out of your hotel room and step right out onto the beach. The decor and amenities won't impress, but the location can't be beat. You don't have to drive to get to the beach and the price is very cheap. Its very good for pets as well; they only charge $10 no matter the size or pet type.

Overall, would definitely recommend if you are on a budget or would like to be as close to the beach as possible.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

Clean motel - nothing fancy at all.They do welcome pets for a $10 fee. You can literally walk out of the motel parking lot and you are steps away from the beach.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Seaside motel is one of the easiest and cheapest motels ON the beach, they allow pets, which is a blessing to us, the best thing to do is make your plans with them ahead of time, they have done some fixing up and preventive maintenance for spring break, dont expect a continetal breakfast, but you do get a fridge and microwave in your room, if you want a condo, you get the kitchen, enjoy your stay, and if you stay there you can literally see the beach within less than a 1/4 of a mile, well worth the stay, and our dogs know that it is home when we go there. And if you want to sleep at might, take a box fan with you, it drowns out the outside noise.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
san antonio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

We have requested and gotten condo #201 for the past two years and we are so lucky to have found the perfect vacation home. It's very clean (thank you, Sherri) has a nice big COOL bedroom with a wonderfully comfortable king sized bed, and all new appliances in the kitchen. Living room faces the gulf with a wall of windows that catch the sunrise every morning. Walk less than a block to the beach and about 30 minutes into town. It's just a great condo that I would recommend to the most particular people and the price is absolutely right. They allow us to take our guard cat, Melli, and she lays in the windows all day.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Seaside Motel and condominiums? Share your experiences!