“I will be back.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Beach Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
The Beach Lodge
You added The Beach Lodge to your Saves list
2016 On The Beach Drive, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“I will be back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Just got back from staying at the Beach Lodge and I have to say I will be back. The room we had was very small, but we normally stay at the beach all day and really just needed a place to shower and sleep which this place served it's purpose. They do not have room service so if you run out of something (towels, toilet paper) you have to go to the office/bar to ask for it.

Good:
Clean Room
Location
Price
Bar/restaurant on property (burgers are great)
Pet friendly

Bad:
Parking lot (very rough and parking space was limited)
really tiny room
slow service at restaurant
No phone service (At and t)
Wifi really slow and hit and miss
TV (really small and no remote)

Now this is not a five star hotel, but if you want a clean cheaply priced place to stay that is really close to the beach then this place is for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

This is not the Hilton it is a small piece of heaven on earth. It is not 5 star dining but the best burgers in Texas. It is small, family friendly, and swim suit casual. If you think the people are rude then you did not get to know them. If you think the place is rundown then you did not see it before they worked hard remodeling. This is the only place I stay and the only place I eat while in Port A. But keep in mind this is an open air on the beach place with breath taking views. I have been visiting for 15 years and have never been disappointed but i love the quiet, private atmosphere and visiting with the family that I adopted. Chuck, Gaye, Travis, Deb hope to see yall in Sept maybe.....already missing everyone.

• Stayed July 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We just got back from a trip to padre island and port aransas. I must say the Beach Lodge was just what we were looking for. We wanted a place on the beach with clean pool & clean room. It was exactly that. The room was a little small but for us it was perfect is had a clean bed, new shower, and air conditioning. The bar/restaurant was a plus it had good food for good prices. If you have a cooler as we did with sandwhich stuff, beverages and snacks it Free ice . So if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay on the beach this is for you! I will most definitely be back to stay many more times. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedar Park, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is my new favorite place to stay because it is right on the beach, it is clean, it has wonderful open, covered decks to sit on, the water makes your skin feel soft, everyone we met was very nice and welcoming, it's affordable, it was very relaxing, and all of the other guests made it feel more like it was a big happy family~ very Margaritaville. I hesitate to share my new find but they really deserve the props. Travis, always make room for the girl who was born the day before you because we will most definitely be coming back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

This is our 2nd time here and we will be back! This is a great cheap clean place to stay! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2012
Cibolo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

At their very reasonable rate I wasn't expecting a mint on my pillow.There are no extras but that's ok. This place served it's purpose and we will stay again. I didn't have to use my own bed sheets which I brought along with because I was unsure of the cleanliness. Well it was very clean, the room, the restroom, the hotel. A few things that made the stay entertaining was seeing the cloudy pool, stubbing toe on pool deck from warped wood, a tv remote control with dead batteries, a bathroom door that won't shut because it gets stuck at the door frame, a bathroom door handle that comes off when you pull it after trying to shut the door, having the shower hose completely come off in the middle of my shower and having to finish under water just shooting out. This was room 11 btw. We had to just laugh it all off. I mean what do you expect. We weren't paying for a luxury stay. The staff were really nice and this place does give you the beach feel. We will definitely stay again and maybe even bring the kids.

Room Tip: They don't replace linens during your stay unless you request it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I were sold on staying at the Beach Lodge because it was the only place we could find that really was right on the beach and we loved the idea of having a restaurant and bar right on site. The description "authentic beach bar" is accurate - sandy floors, sun-faded porches, and weather-worn locals. It's beer and wine only but we brought our own alcohol, which they didn't mind. The food was average with the delightful exception of huge fresh Gulf shrimp boiled to perfection.

The convenience of this place is the selling point. If you plan to spend all your time on the beach, this place is perfect - bring your own stocked cooler (ice is free in the kitchen!), beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. and all your need your room for is a shower and sleep time. The rooms are small, no frills, and all tiled which makes sense considering you'll have sand tracked in every nook and cranny by the first day (wish they had an outside shower available to rinse off sand before entering the property) . Bring your own supply of towels, pillows, etc. and don't expect housekeeping service. Mostly the staff are friendly and they stay out of your business, which was fine by us. It was surprisingly quiet during our entire weekend stay. Also, if you are a smoker, you will appreciate the open smoking policy on all the decks and right outside the rooms. If you are a nonsmoker, you'll appreciate that not many folks were smoking.

I rated this place as average given the zero amenities and disrepair of the overall property, though we had a wonderful time and it was affordable. We'll definitely go back next time we are ready for beach play... the beaches here were great, white sand, blue/green water, not too crowded, public restrooms. A hundred times better than Galveston and worth the 3-hr treck from the Houston or Austin area.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms on the west side of the property have awesome views of the beach and dunes plus quic...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Beach Lodge? Share your experiences!