“Great stay perfect for a beach vacation!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Beach Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
The Beach Lodge
2016 On The Beach Drive, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
Ranked #8 of 19 hotels in Port Aransas
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great stay perfect for a beach vacation!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We just got back from a trip to padre island and port aransas. I must say the Beach Lodge was just what we were looking for. We wanted a place on the beach with clean pool & clean room. It was exactly that. The room was a little small but for us it was perfect is had a clean bed, new shower, and air conditioning. The bar/restaurant was a plus it had good food for good prices. If you have a cooler as we did with sandwhich stuff, beverages and snacks it Free ice . So if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay on the beach this is for you! I will most definitely be back to stay many more times. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Cedar Park, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is my new favorite place to stay because it is right on the beach, it is clean, it has wonderful open, covered decks to sit on, the water makes your skin feel soft, everyone we met was very nice and welcoming, it's affordable, it was very relaxing, and all of the other guests made it feel more like it was a big happy family~ very Margaritaville. I hesitate to share my new find but they really deserve the props. Travis, always make room for the girl who was born the day before you because we will most definitely be coming back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Georgetown, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

This is our 2nd time here and we will be back! This is a great cheap clean place to stay! We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2012
Cibolo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

At their very reasonable rate I wasn't expecting a mint on my pillow.There are no extras but that's ok. This place served it's purpose and we will stay again. I didn't have to use my own bed sheets which I brought along with because I was unsure of the cleanliness. Well it was very clean, the room, the restroom, the hotel. A few things that made the stay entertaining was seeing the cloudy pool, stubbing toe on pool deck from warped wood, a tv remote control with dead batteries, a bathroom door that won't shut because it gets stuck at the door frame, a bathroom door handle that comes off when you pull it after trying to shut the door, having the shower hose completely come off in the middle of my shower and having to finish under water just shooting out. This was room 11 btw. We had to just laugh it all off. I mean what do you expect. We weren't paying for a luxury stay. The staff were really nice and this place does give you the beach feel. We will definitely stay again and maybe even bring the kids.

Room Tip: They don't replace linens during your stay unless you request it.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My boyfriend and I were sold on staying at the Beach Lodge because it was the only place we could find that really was right on the beach and we loved the idea of having a restaurant and bar right on site. The description "authentic beach bar" is accurate - sandy floors, sun-faded porches, and weather-worn locals. It's beer and wine only but we brought our own alcohol, which they didn't mind. The food was average with the delightful exception of huge fresh Gulf shrimp boiled to perfection.

The convenience of this place is the selling point. If you plan to spend all your time on the beach, this place is perfect - bring your own stocked cooler (ice is free in the kitchen!), beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. and all your need your room for is a shower and sleep time. The rooms are small, no frills, and all tiled which makes sense considering you'll have sand tracked in every nook and cranny by the first day (wish they had an outside shower available to rinse off sand before entering the property) . Bring your own supply of towels, pillows, etc. and don't expect housekeeping service. Mostly the staff are friendly and they stay out of your business, which was fine by us. It was surprisingly quiet during our entire weekend stay. Also, if you are a smoker, you will appreciate the open smoking policy on all the decks and right outside the rooms. If you are a nonsmoker, you'll appreciate that not many folks were smoking.

I rated this place as average given the zero amenities and disrepair of the overall property, though we had a wonderful time and it was affordable. We'll definitely go back next time we are ready for beach play... the beaches here were great, white sand, blue/green water, not too crowded, public restrooms. A hundred times better than Galveston and worth the 3-hr treck from the Houston or Austin area.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms on the west side of the property have awesome views of the beach and dunes plus quic...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Brownwood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed at the Beach Lodge 3 nights and really enjoed how close it is to the beach. The rooms are vey small and no extra's but they are clean. If you go I would suggest you bring towels, blankets and your own soaps. They only put enough towels for the number of people staying and I guess you could ask formore but I just went and bought my own and the bedding isnt great so I will bring my own next time. We didn't go to watch TV but its a good thing because the tv is timy and hangs on the wall. We stayed in #19 and its the closet room to the beach and just steps fromthe bar and restraurant. When we arrived the lady helped me right away I didn't have any problems or have to wait but I did come in on a Sunday so that may have been why. The pool was nice and the view is great. I will definetly stay here again but I will bring a few things with me next time. Not all rooms have microwave or refrigerators either I think only the upstairs rooms have them. If your a coffee drinker bring your own coffee pot they don't have those either but you can buy coffee in the restraurant.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

I paid attention to all the reviews and agree with the better ones. First, this is the beach! There will be sand, wind, heat, and noise! Even with all those things, the room was clean, cold A/C and hot water. The food at the restaurant is good but pricey. Everything in Port A is pricey so get used to that. We liked it so much we stated an extra night.

• Stayed August 2011

Been to The Beach Lodge? Share your experiences!