“Great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Drinks
texas
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This bar has a wonderful atmosphere and probably can make you any drink you want. Great ambience watching the fishing boats come in. Lots of locals and tourists alike. Its outdoors so can be hot but definitely a place I would go back to. One of our favs in Port A. No food at bar but available next door.

• Visited August 2012

Cibolo, Texas
“Bartenders aren't chick friendly”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband & I arrived just as the band was ending at midnight, but decided to hang out because the marina view is great & it was a nice night. The crowd was starting to depart, but when we first arrived the bar was still pretty busy. I noticed all female bartenders so I told my husband he ought to order the drinks. Sure enough they got his drink order a few minutes later. We sat down for a while & by 12:40 we were ready for round 2 for drinks, considering there were only a few people left & the bar was dead so I went up to order. I stood at the bar for 8-10 minutes while 3-4 bartenders walked by me numerous times, avoiding eye contact. I even told one I needed a few drinks when she got a minute. I used to bartend so I know how it is, but there was no excuse for them ignoring me & their poor service, it wasn't busy, I was polite & not belligerent. The only thing I can think of is they don't like hot women patrons. Tr another bar.

Visited August 2012
Charleston, Illinois, USA
“Not a restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Do you like the beach shack laid back atmosphere? I do! I was staying in a local ripoff motel (Shark's Reef Resort) where you actually had to pay extra for wifi and definitely didn't want to sit around in during your free time, and found the free wifi at this local bar, on the docks, right in front of where I'd gone on a Jet ski ride earlier that day. Catching the breezes from the gulf (which in August are necessary) I was able to kick back and check my email. The grill is fine as long as you know that it's very typical dockside fare - DON't get any of the cream/mayo based dips unless they're freshly made - I got a slight case of food poisoning from the avocado/spinach dip.
If you go in the evening - ask for Hutch, and then tell that nice old man that Cindy says hi.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Rockport, Texas, United States
“Fun place to have drinks and listen to music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Relaxed indoor/outdoor atmosphere. Enjoyed having drinks and listening to good bands here.

Visited May 2012
San Antonio, Texas
“Relaxing for beers with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great place to grab a beer and relax. No food here but can get snacks next door

• 1 of 5 stars Food