“Great room for fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Booking.com Priceline.com
Shark Reef Resort
314 Cutoff Road, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
Ranked #11 of 19 hotels in Port Aransas
“Great room for fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Didn't expect a lot based on the reviews, but we stayed in the newer remodeled room, the schooner, and had no problems. It's not the Hampton, it's a motel at the beach. Thought the staff was very nice and accommodating. Will stay there again if in port aransas.

• Stayed September 2012

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Amazing staff! Such a great resort! Keeps me coming back again and again! If you haven't been here before, you are really missing out! The rates are amazing, the owner Jennifer is so nice, and each time I come I just love it! Its so close to the beach as well!

• Stayed September 2012
Burleson, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

this place is nasty very bad service the night i got there the hired help were all drunk and some were hauled off to jail. no breakfest like they said and if if there was it was pure cheap crap. i have stayed here once before but never never never again i made a mistake for the second time but you can bet your butt never again i will stay in a tent before i stay here again . i stayed 5 days on a fishing trip and my room was never cleaned had to ask for towels and sheets which i never got this place needs to pay me to even make a review about it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
East Texas, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

A no frills hotel at budget price. We stayed mostly at the beach so it was just a place to sleep. Only complaint was the A/C was a failure. During the heat of the day when you need it most, it didnt cool very well. Went to Walmart and bought a fan, helped some. It is motel style, pull your car up to the front door. Seen people everyday cleaning and taking away trash. They also offer discounts for golf carts they rent on premises. If you like luxury stay else where it definetly would not be for you. If you just want a place to stay its ok. Also make sure you bring your reservation reciept or they might try to charge you more than the quoted price. I had mine so was no problem.

• Stayed July 2012
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in room 142 (double queen) Aug. 16 - 19, 2012. We paid about $155. a night, the first night we met the roaches. We have stayed here several times over the years, this resort has shown signs of upgrading over the past few years one thing they haven't changed are the pests, they should have of put that money into extermination & maintenance. Their were rolly pollies in the bathroom, the fold out couch was nasty with large brown stains, the bedding for the fold-out couch must be requested, their was no telephone in the room. We had referred our friends to this resort. They rented a room also, they had only hot water in the sink. When the maintenance worker came to check it, he replied with "I will see if the owners will let me buy the part!"? What is that about? Over the years we have watched this place raise rates, and extend ammenities. But, why would I pay these rates when I can pay $75. more a night for a roach free condo in port aransas. If you would like to know a great beach condo to stay at in port aransas,tx., you might want to check out my other reviews! The batteries for the remote control died on our second to last day. Every morning you have the sun streaming in your face, so needless to say your up at the crack of dawn! Our last stay here before this one was about 2 years ago. The website was nice! The new continental breakfast was good, they have Ice on site for $2 (key available in office), the pool was refreshing, the playground sand has ants. If you don't mind packing a can of raid this is a $ saver place to stay. Me?, I'm a bargain shopper for a great place at a great price. Maybe next year will be the year I find it?!

• Stayed August 2012
Smithville, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

When arriving at the resort??? Which by the way is a joke in saying that because it is by far not a resort of any sort. It is a motel, which motel 6 beats it by far, and I definitely don't stay there either. Jennifer, checked me in at the desk and was very rude, needs to learn customer service. There was a couple checking out a golf cart and she cared more about them than she did my stay that I was paying a whole lot more for and she should have had the courtesy of at least telling me to please hold on while she finished with the other couple. When making my reservation I told Jennifer I had two dogs, which she replied was fine I just needed to pay the $10 a night fee. I had no problem with that, but when I got to the motel she seemed shocked when I reminded her about my dogs.. first encounter..... When I got to the motel room the carpets had pet stains on them and the couch looked as if someone had used the bathroom on it. The bathroom was extremely hot and the shower went from hot to hottest. The carpet made our feet black. I was also told that housekeeping was going to come by daily and that we had to put the dogs in the kennel in order for them to service the room. That was fine with us because our plans was going to be on the beach anyways. That night when we returned to the room, we had no towels and the laundry I placed on the floor for them to pick up was still laying where I left them. When folding down my bed, my daughter pointed out a pee stain on the quilt. Unfortunately, one of my dogs was up on the bed and was smelling around and peed on the bed. We quickly, yanked him off and took off the sheets only to find the mattress was covered in pee stains. My daughter went in the next day and told the receptionist what happened and asked for sheets and another mattress cover she seemed upset and questioned her as to what happened and she told her about the other stains. Then Jennifer the manager walked in and asked if she could borrow the radio and start yelling at her maintenance guy in front of her and told him to come in where she continued to yell at him. This is very, very unprofessional to say the least. Housekeeping came by to bring us the sheets and towels and told us that they do not do service the room daily. They were nice and made sure we had plenty of towels. My dogs are potty trained and have never done this before in fact when we took them out we made sure we picked up their poop. We have previously rented at a real resort 4 weeks prior to this and they went to the door and told us they need to go out. They never once tried to pee on anything. This is by far the worst motel I have ever stayed at and I do not advise anyone to stay here. The price of the rooms are way to high for this motel. Also, I paid by credit card and here it is 3 weeks and my card still hasn't shown up the charges for the room which makes me very concerned at this point. BEWARE!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, Illinois, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

based on the reviews for this place, they must save the dirtiest, barest, oldest rooms for folks with a dog (me!) no clock, no phone, ancient bathroom, old carpet - poorly vacuumed. Sorry, either the rave reviews are from family masquerading as travelers, or only people without dogs get nice digs.

Room Tip: romm 131 is lousy. though my dog didn't seem to mind