“Fried fried fried” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Houston, Texas
“Fried fried fried”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Our party of 8 ate here at the end of March. We tried to eat outside on the deck where there is a great view of the water, but it was too breezy and cool and we had to go inside. I ordered a pina colada and it was terrible so turned it back in with no problem doing so. I enjoyed my coconut shrimp and we all shared the pickles and peppers and onion rings but it seems there is a lot of fried food on the menu. The roux of the gumbo was not very dark either.

Visited March 2014

Granbury
“Good location, good service, terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The location is great, my husband had a ok gumbo, but the nachos and shrimp salad were less than ok, and the price tag was not what Texans expect.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Loveland, Colorado
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stopped in at Fins searching for a plate of fish tacos last weekend. I'm not sure they were actually on the menu that day, but the kitchen staff was very accommodating with our request. Cool drinks were served (two mojitos and a corona-rita) as we sat at the bar waiting for our food. The service was great (John was behind the bar that day), and we soon had three plates of blackened mahi fish tacos. They were full of flavor and the amount of food was just right for delicious afternoon snack. In addition to the bar they have a large indoor dining area and an outside patio right on the water where the fishing charter boats come in. We will definitely go back again for a patio meal when we are in the area.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, TX / Las Vegas, NV
“Horrible Service with Mediocre Food and Drinks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We wanted to try out something new and of course a great view of the water! We walked in and were immediately greeted by a hostess. They quickly informed us that their credit card machine was not working, so they are accepting cash only. We said that was fine and they sat us outside. There were a few other people eating, but it was also a Monday afternoon, so we weren't expecting the place to be packed or anything. The waiter (I believe his name was Lesley or some other girl-type name) asked us what we wanted to drink. His mannerisms and the way he spoke were as if he was high or something. I don't care what you do on your personal time, but if you are waiting on people, it is completely inappropriate and unprofessional. But whatever, we always try to make good with what we got. We told him our drink order and I ask him for a water with my drink. He later showed up with our drinks and I ordered a water again. I ended up ordering my water 2 more times within a 5 minute period after that. He kept walking back up to me asking "What did you want again?" We ended up ordering apps to get us started since we weren't sure what we wanted. He finally showed up with my water and asked us "who ordered this again?" C'mon man...get it together. The nachos & calamari we ordered were pretty good. We asked for more sour cream & salsa and he showed up with 4 or 5 of each item. Since they were in little 1oz to-go tubs, he basically just poured the whole lot of tubs on the table and they all went rolling around. Thanks buddy. Then he went MIA. 30 minutes later he shows up and we just told him we didn't want to order food and we just want our tab. He got the tab pretty fast. Since we were hungry and he seemed out of it anyways, we asked him where we could go eat since we were hungry. He suggested Seafood & Spaghetti Works. We paid and left. Probably not going to come back. If we did decide to come back, hopefully we are not in that waiter's area. BTW...we ended up going to Seafood & Spaghetti Works and had an AWESOME dinner & drinks! At least the waiter was good for something. :)

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Temple, Texas, United States
“Good good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Good view ,Damn good Burger!! Good service! Did I say good burger. The server said they are ginormous . That is a good word for it. It was HUGE!