“Top Notch Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seashell Village Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Seashell Village Resort
You added Seashell Village Resort to your Saves list
502 East Avenue G, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
“Top Notch Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I'll begin by admitting that my review is not based on having actually stayed at Seashell Village.

We made our reservation a week prior to our check in date. I called with tons of questions about Port A because we had never been before. The attendant patiently answered all of my questions. Based on that experience alone, I really looked forward to our stay there. Unfortunately, the night before our trip my husband's appendix went crazy and we ended up in the hospital to have it removed. I called the day of our expected check-in to cancel the reservation, thoroughly anticipating a last-minute cancellation fee. The girl who handled my call not only cancelled my reservation without a fee, but she also offered her sympathies for our situation.

Like I said before, I cannot comment on the actual accommodations of Seashell Village, but when we reschedule our trip I will definitely make reservations with them again.

• Stayed June 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was mine and my wife's 2nd time to stay at this place.
The seashell village is an amazing place to stay, the front counter people are awesome and willing to help in anyway possible.

We were away from our room when the house keeping people came by and instead of going into the room the left towels, soap, toilet paper and everything in a trash bag outside the room which made was awesome knowing that they don't go into the room with all of your stuff in there.

The 1 complaint I had was in cottage #8 the pullout bed was awful! What was suppose to be padding was about 1 inch thick and the entire fold out was breaking. Made it a nightmare to sleep on. Good thing is that we were so tired from the entire day at the beach we could have fallen asleep on rocks!

But other than that issue this place in incredible! If you want a nice cheap stay book the cottages! $145/night 2 blocks from the beach. A bed, sleeper sofa, and full kitchen!

We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sun City West, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our children were just married at Seashell Village and we found it to be quiet, clean, and a wonderful place for a wedding and guests to stay. It was intimate and yet very modern and catered to needs for a smaller wedding. We loved it and know they did too. Thanks Seashell Village for hosting our special and most memorable family occasion!

Room Tip: There were rooms for pet owners or just quiet non-smoker, non-pet rooms to accomodate whatever you n...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We used Seashell Village Resort as our venue for our wedding in April. Martha and the other office staff did a lot to accommodate us and help make our event very special. They ensured our guests had a pleasant experience as well. The large rooms were amazing with beautiful antique furniture. The landscaping, views and pool area with cabanas were amazing amenities. Everyone who attended our "destination" wedding and stayed at the hotel were very satisfied. Thank you Seashell for a wonderful experience. Highly recommended to everyone!

Room Tip: The King Suite was great for our honeymoon suite and is an awesome room for couples.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Round Rock, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'm stayed 3 time (Aug 2011, Sept 2011,June 2012, and will be staying May/July/September 2013)...each time I stay I don't want to go home, and cant wait to get back for a another stay. Its so clean, all the people are so friendly, from the check in to the folks that bring fresh towels and change trash. Last time I was there in they helped us bring up our luggage and our groceries. I just can't simply say enough good things about the resort! I recommend to everyone that say they are wanting to head to the beach.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

These guys need more reviews!! We just got home from a long weekend stay for my birthday and it was a great experience.

1. Location
Sooo close to the beach!! 5 minute walk. It's also a 5 minute drive to anywhere you'd want to eat, drink or shop.

2. Condition of the cottage
Excellent! Clean and cozy. We love the colors of the cottage and the floors. It's seriously what you expect of a beach cottage. Did I mention, it was clean!? Stayed in cottage 2.

3. Kitchenette
Perfect. They had everything your kitchen at your house has. We brought some things from home but didn't even need to use them. The oven and microwave worked perfectly.

4. Bed
If I was giving stars for the bed I'd only give one. It was sooooooooo uncomfortable. It was very loud too! Also they only have queen beds in the cottages and we have a king at our house.

5. Fans/air conditioning
There is a great ceiling fan and they have air conditioning. The a/c keeps the cottage very cool however it's very loud and it goes on and off when it's reached the degree you set it at. So I got woken up at least 2 times every night from it turning on or off.

6. The sound
Yes, I will say the windows are thin. You will hear everything outside and soo will your dog. I almost shoved a muzzle on her lol She kept barking every time a door shut/opened/person walked by talking. Also, there is a palm tree right outside the cottage we stayed in (#2) and I'm like 99% sure 5348923 birds live in it.

7. The bathroom
Clean and the shower is great! Loved it! Oh, they have towel warmers too!

8. The TV
Flat screen and lovely. :)

9. The price
Eh..not bad but not cheap. I'd say on point for what you're getting!

10. The staff
Very nice and accommodating.

11. The pool and grill area.
The pools are awesome! Especially the heated salt water pool. The grills worked out just fine for us except the sprinklers did turn on right as we got the grill heated up. Luckily we salvaged the charcoal and moved to another grill. The owner or whoever works up front made sure the sprinklers at the grill we moved to wouldn't turn on. That was really nice of him. He was also apologetic.

12. Dog friendly.
They're dog friendly!

13. The grounds
Very pretty!! Very well kept!!

We'd stay there again!

Room Tip: I hear the king suites are amazing (according to our neighbor in the cottage next to us). We stayed...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We're already planning for our trip in 2013 and I realized I didn't add any updates for our fabulous trip in 2012, which was probably the best yet. I've already gone into detail in previous reviews, so this is just an update.

In 2012, the owner added an updated pool design which features 2 separate pools and beautiful cabanas. We had a lot of fun in the shimmery pools, and I was more compelled to take a dip myself whereas previously, I let the kids do most of the swimming. I think the filters are better; the water was crisp and clear and not foggy with suntan lotion like they were before. We were there late June, through July 4th, so we saw them at their busiest and the area is just beautiful. This is not the sort of hotel pool that you avoid.

We always stay in the King Suite. The building is updated, and the room is spacious and fun to hang out in. Not depressing or dark, its comfort, brightness, and functionality is a great basis for a fun family vacation. After a day at the beach we love to do puzzles and cook fresh fish for dinner, then go to the pool.

I've read some of the other reviews and I have to say it's true that some families can hog the bbq area and get pretty loud. I think that's part of a vacation in a beach town. Just my opinion. I actually like the noise at times; it just sounds like vacation! If you're from a small family, or don't have any kids, or just like silence, stay in a room away from the pool area. But we love our room overlooking the pool, despite the noise, with its beautiful views.

Some other reviews mentioned old beach furniture. I have to agree on that point. The bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen all have updated decor, though, and sitting on the older 70s beach couch never bothered us. With all the sand, I can understand why you wouldn't replace the furniture very often. The sand is probably the reason for the dirty carpet as well, and I wouldn't give up the beach!

We love this property. That's probably very apparent in my reviews. Not that we want to compete for our favorite room, but I love to give credit where credit is due.. we simply have never found such a comfortable, beautiful property that feels so welcoming and is an integral part of our family vacation memories. Can't wait to see them again in June!

Check my earlier reviews of this property for details on amenities, decor, service. They get better every year.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Seashell Village Resort? Share your experiences!