You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

We spent 8 nights here, including during their record cold ice storm. The staff was attentive and helpful. The breakfasts were good. The room was clean and well-maintained. It's conveniently located, but not on a busy street.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

My after Christmas "getaway" was unfortunately interrupted by the stomach flu. Although being sick while on vacation was awful, our hotel room was quiet, clean and comfortable and I was able to get a lot of much needed rest. In addition, the staff found out I was sick and went out of their way to try and be helpful yet unintrusive. They seemed genuinely concerned about my well-being. I look forward to staying at this hotel again in the future when I feel like truly enjoying its comforts, quietness, and breakfast buffet.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

First I must confess I was a bit leery booking this room but didn’t see any better options. So I made the reservation under the “lesser of the evils” mindset… The primary reason is ichotelsgroup.com did not give this property a “Quality Performer” rating and as a rule I don’t stay in unrated properties because they can be pretty bad.

I was pleasantly surprised upon arrival, the hotel was clean, well maintained, and the staff were very helpful & professional. In its current condition the hotel is better than some “Quality Performers” I have stayed in. And in addition I was told this winter they will undergo a major remodel with new carpet and paint throughout.

My major complaint is the location; the website boasts a very short 1 and a half block walk to the beach; however GPS device showed 0.3 from driveway to the first hint of sand at the beach, which may not be bad unless you want have chairs, umbrellas, fishing gear, cooler, etc with you on the beach. We drove to the beach and kept our beach gear in the car.

Also, the pool hours are till 11:00PM and our room was facing the pool and any pool noise come right through the window. Pool should close at 10:00PM so people can sleep if the desire.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

My wife and family and I have stayed here many times. All of the staff were very friendly and would actually carry on a conversation with you. Continental brkfst. the tops. Hotel is close to the beach. The staff make you feel like you are a guest. Kudos to the staff and Mgt. Please keep up the great work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
SAN ANTONIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

Six of us who graduated together in 1959 booked three queen suites at the Holiday Inn. It's clean and comfortable, great mattresses and pillows with a very good free breakfast. And, it smells nice and fresh, too. It's only two short blocks to the beach so we walked for an hour or so every morning at 7:30 am. The staff could not have been more accommodating. One of the ladies lost her watch the morning we checked out. We all searched and could not find it. Housekeeping appeared as we were walking out the door saying she ran up to shake the bedding and found it. Thank you, thank you, thank you! On another note, the restaurant "Shells" is across the street. Fabulous food. We had bluecrab cakes with sauteed shrimp, brown rice and wonderfully prepared vegetables. Do take "Off" as the mosquitoes are out in full force in the Fall.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Waco, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel more than 10 times over the last few years. However, when we made our reservations for this year's trip, first we were told to call the corporate number. That they could not take our reservation at the hotel. So, we did as instructed and called the national number. Our trip was for August 12-15. However, to my horror as I prepared for this week's vacation I found that the hotel had charged my credit card $1200. When I called the hotel in Port Aransas they said that I would have to speak to guest relations to see what they could do because someone scheduled the wrong dates of August 5-7. That was after accusing us of making the mistake. Guest relations said the hotel charged us for being a no show, and charged us for two suites, even though we only needed one. When I called their national guest relations office they apologized and said it was an error and that they would work everything out with the hotel. However, when guest relations called me back, they said that the hotel did not want to issue us a refund. She (the guest relations person) said she could not believe how uncooperative the hotel in Port Aransas was being and that the national guest relations office would be issuing us a check for the monies we were incorrectly charged. Again, she apologized profusely for the hotel and for such a mess.

You know, when your own company has to apologize for one it's own franchise owners because they are not putting the customers needs first...that is when it is time to stay with another hotel. It's a shame that this hotel, that we have stayed out numerous times behaved like this. That's okay, in this economy, we'll just take our $1000 down the road to Best Western fron now on.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

The Holiday Inn Express has good, friendly staff, and is in a great location. 5 minute walk to the beach and shops. We stayed in a deluxe room with a king bed. The room was large, clean, and good amenities (microwave, mini-fridge) and quiet. The one thing I did not like was the bed. It was not too bad but definitely not comfortable (at least for me).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area? Share your experiences!