“Property management needs some up dating” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   727 South 11th Street, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
Las vegas
“Property management needs some up dating”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and have recommended it to friends and family unfortunately due to my past experience I will no longer do that until the issues are changed the first room that they put me in smelt like urine I immediately called front desk only to be told that it was sold out and it was nothing they can do so they offered a small discount came and sprayed some chemical to cover up the urine but the chemical in the urine mixed together only made it worst definitely did not sleep well that night for some reason they gave me a child suite they said that's what was requested talk to my secretary she said she requested a king suite let me tell you that child's bed was so filthy I don't think I would let my dog sleep in it so the next morning I move to a king suite which has a sofa when I look at the sofa it looked like it had semen on it housekeeping was right outside the door I made them come and get it and clean it the shower area you could see that there was some poorly made repairs mixture of paint coming off and mildew and rust at this time I was tired of complaining so I've said nothing to to management they wouldn't care anyway so then I needed a wake up call called front desk and told him please give me a wake up call by 5 a.m. Guess what never got the wake up call I had a boat to catch at 7 a.m. I wind up getting up at 630 AM had no time to shower no time to drink coffee eat breakfast or take meds to not get seasick has I was passing by the front desk I told him you know you'll never called me at 5am for a wake up call and all is he can see what a dumb look on his face is he was sorry not good enough guys I did call corporate and put a complaint they offered another discount which is fine but still doesn't fix all those terrible things that happened so they really need to fix housekeeping in management until then I will not return our recommend this property to anyone

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
JulieJohnsonZJZ, VP of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hello Tony R,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our property. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us or experience the excellent customer service we are known for. I will definitely be looking into the issues you have described and will remedy any deficiencies immediately. We hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

This is a very clean, well managed hotel close to the beach in Port Aransas. From reservations to check out everything went smoothly. The rooms are very comfortable (especially the bed) and equipped with a mini fridge and a microwave. The complementary breakfast was pretty good and included bacon or sausage (I'm a meat lover). The pool was very nice and the fitness center appeared to be well fitted (I'm not a fitness nut) The price is about the most reasonable you're going to find in a nice hotel there. You can pay a lot more if you want something more elegant, but if you're on budget as so many people are these days this hotel deserves a good close look.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
JulieJohnsonZJZ, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello woody346! Thank you so much for the kind review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a great little hotel with a humble website, we almost did not book it as the website did not do it the justice it deserved. The hotel is walking distance to the beach and several places to eat, fish, see live music shop and play. The rooms are very clean we had a nice suite with a kitchen area and large living room. The pool area is nice, the breakfast buffet was perfect. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and over all it was a great experience. I would definitely return here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the pool it gets a little noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Jill V! Thank you so much for the 5 Star Review! We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We wanted to stay for three days at the Port Aransas Holiday Inn Express, but the price for Saturday night was outrageous for a Holiday Inn Express. So Saturday night we stayed in Corpus for a more reasonable price. Then on Sunday night and Monday night, we had rooms for $98 and $97 which is more in line with what a Holiday Inn Express should be charging. The room was very clean, well maintained, and the AC worked great. The pool was clean and there are quite a few tables out by the pool so we could sit out there and relax. The hotel is a little farther from the beach than I had thought, but it's within walking distance. You just don't want to carry an ice chest all the way down there. I don't like taking my car to the beach so we rented a dune buggy and had fun driving around. At night we left the dune buggy in the parking lot and didn't have any problems with anyone messing with it.

Breakfast was eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, cereal, yogurt, OJ, milk, coffee, and decaf and a few other things. So breakfast was fine. They had free USA Today papers so we were able to keep up with what was going on in the real world.

Port A is not the real world--it's just a tourist town with beaches covered with mounds of sea weed that make it look like the city of Port A has no concept that tourism is the only reason they are alive and they should keep their beaches clean at least in the City Park. Let the rest of the island having rotting seaweed since that's what the environmentalists want, but at least keep the city park clean, so hotels like this one can get business!

So the Holiday Inn is a good place to stay during the week days, but we can't afford to stay there on the week ends.

Room Tip: Sunday night and week day nights were a good value, but week end rates were too high for us to stay...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello Gary1836! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!
austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our room was clean and nice, as usual. The breakfast was the same things we have had there before, biscuits and gravy, either scrambled eggs or small omlets, bacon, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc, and very good coffee and juices, plus the really good muffins and cinnamon rolls. Everything is very fresh and the servers were very nice. The location is good for the beach, either walk the 3 or 4 blocks, or drive in a few minutes. There are restaurants in easy walking distance or a few minutes by car. We keep coming back here when in Port A for all the above reasons. The only minor problem was some late night noise from the room above us on the last night we were there. I felt that was more the fault of the people in the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
JulieJohnsonZJZ, VP of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hello annieAustin! Thank you so much for the kind review! I am so pleased to hear that we are your hotel of choice when in Port Aransas. We hope to see you again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This hotel is situated close to but not on the beach. You'd probably want to still drive the short distance there, where you can park.

The hotel's pool is nice, and I'm sure my kids would have enjoyed it had they been with me.

Breakfast was OK - all the usual fare for an economy chain and free of course.

The only negative I had was due to the problem of other guests allowing their doors to continually slam. Because of the large gaps visible around the door, there was nothing to prevent the sound traveling right through. Even wearing ear plugs wasn't enough to block it out. (Note to self: invent a device that can be retrofitted to hotel doors to prevent noisy slamming and become a billionaire. Note to hotels the world over: until I invent my device, how about putting up notes in rooms to please be considerate late at night?)

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear MisterGulliver,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret the noise issues you encountered during your stay. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, we want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review make necessary improvements to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your valuable feedback.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stay here for the SandFest almost every year. Usually there are at least a few things, especially concerning check-in and check-out that make me wish there was another good hotel in the area.
This year was great from start to finish with only one small blip! The young lady that checked us in was awesome, could not have done a better job. Check out was the same!! The room was clean, and as comfortable as you would expect.
Now about the blip! On Saturday night about 10:30 the fire alarm went off, and it is LOUD!! I don't think anyone could have slept through that and you had to go outside or it would drive you crazy. Anyway apparently there was a dryer in use on the second floor and it started smoking. I have to say that the crew at the front desk did a great job handling the situation. It was only about a15 minute blip, and then we were back in our room and settling down for the night.
I have to say this was one of the best stays at the hotel in quite a few years of visiting. Congrats on the great job HIE!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JulieJohnsonZJZ, VP of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello Steve_W_India!

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our goal is to always be better than we were yesterday and to constantly strive for perfection. We hope you will come see us again on your next trip to Port Aransas.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Port Aransas / Beach Area? Share your experiences!