“Great location & service, needs some updating” 4 of 5 stars

Captain's Quarters Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   235 W. Cotter, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
Ranked #14 of 19 hotels in Port Aransas
Houston, Texas
“Great location & service, needs some updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I visit Port Aransas often, and have stayed at the Captain's Quarters a few times because its pretty convenient if you want to go fishing at the docks across the street. Also heard about it from a colleague who seems to stay here. The hotel must be under new management, because I didn't recognize the GM from my last visit (and because he told me so). I noticed they've been slowly upgrading the hotel, and some of the new rooms are now quite nice - I got upgraded to a Captains Preferred room, which I liked.
The hotel had complimentary water bottles in the rooms - haven't seen that before? I hate how you usually have to pay five bucks for those.
They also had a pretty neat movie night at the pool, with a projector - they played Hunger Games the day the DVD came out, that was really fun. Andy, the GM, even let us borrow a hookah? which I have never used before, but it was an awesome experience.
The room I stayed in was comfortable, clean and updated, but the phone didn't work, which was annoying. I liked that they had fresh coffee served in the breakfast room before 6 am, when we set out on the boat.
They have some ways to go in updating the hotel, but I like where its headed, and will visit again in early October, hopefully the improvements continue.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have tile or wood floors - worth asking for those at check-in if you're walkin...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bridgeport, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I don't know where these ppl r use to staying that gave this place a good review, me and my family wanted something right on the ocean but not at the expense of staying in filth! You walk into a 80's themed room smelling of mildew and the beds are clearly from the 80's they actually bowed in the middle and stains on the sheets! In the bath tub there was soap scum and pubic hair. We walked into the room which was a suite but I guess because it had a little fridge with a microwave on top made it a suite, needless to say we turned around with in 10 min and walked out did we get a refund no! It's a complete dump and u would be better off pitching a tent on the beach.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, that simple, I have the pics to prove it was a dump and filthy!
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at Captain's Quarter, last week with my 2 kids and my wife, I have to said they are one the best manager that he cared about the costumer, because we did not have some towels in are rooms but the manager came personally in our room to give us a towel and ask if everything else was ok, and also we good upgraded to Captain Preferred room when we check inn. Later on at night we need a taxi to go the bar, but the manager offer us a free ride to the bar. Very clean and enjoyed able in are vacation. Thanks for everything Mr. Andy.

Room Tip: Captain Preferred is awesome room is one the upgraded room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Devine, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I enjoy staying at CQ. It is clean, comfortable, easily accessable, easy to find and close to the deep sea fishing docks. It is where I will be staying when I go back to Port A.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Duncanville, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is a dump, unless you get one of the 8 upgraded rooms. The room I had was in a state of disgust, dirty, unclean, broken security locks, no coffee pot and heavily stained mattress. For the money that was paid, a 15 minute drive would of been well worth it . Altough it is close to one end of the pier, shopping around for other hotels would be a way better bargan. I have the pictures to prove it.

Room Tip: Ask for a "upgraded room", if you have to stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Kerrville, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Room had bugs I had bites all over my legs. Over priced. Management does not handle complaints. General Manager promised a refund never did and then I was charged again on when I was not even there. When you ask who is the owner staff refuses to provide ownership information. I would not recommend this disaster to my worst enemy.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
CQ_PortAransas, General Manager at Captain's Quarters Inn, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
We are very sorry the guest was not satisfied with their experience. We wish the guest had spoken to the GM before spending the night at the hotel if they were dissatisfied, we would have been happy to resolve their issues to the Guests's satisfaction immediately. That being said, we take the cleanliness of the hotel very seriously and have not received any guest complaints regarding bugs or anything similar.

We attempted to contact the guest after this review, and left him a message, but have not heard back from them. We hope we do, because we want them to come back and give us another opportunity to help them enjoy their stay.
Yukon, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We have stayed at the Captain's Quarters twice. At their standard rate of $90, it might be a bit overpriced. it's old but clean. An OK breakfast and a first class ice machine. Important for us is that it is dog friendly. It is located in the old part of town very close to the ferry.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your stay, and your feedback! Since your stay, we have upgraded all the downstairs rooms with wood floors, and have brand new furniture in all the Captain's Preferred rooms. We are working hard to keep improving the hotel, and would love for you come back to our upgraded rooms.

Been to Captain's Quarters Inn? Share your experiences!