“A great place to take your family” 4 of 5 stars

13617491947
Improve this listing
Ranked #46 of 73 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: Seafood
“A great place to take your family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

John and his crew done it again!
Very good fresh seafood at a reasonable price with a family friendly atmosphere. And a little bit southern to boot. I love the shrimp and grits. A must try.
An other winner from the Tarpon Inn family.
Best regards
Peter and family

• 4 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Austin, Texas
“Fresh Fish Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been going to Port Aransas, Texas for 40 years and have sampled the fare at many restaurants there. Fish House recently opened with an extensive variety of dishes from three varieties of fish tacos to grilled filets of fresh fish. I had the grilled black drum, mashed potatoes and a Caesar Salad. All were excellent...okay, its hard to mess up mashed potatoes...no actually, mashed potatoes can lack lumps and skin...these had them both. I sampled my friends fried shrimp and fried flounder...excellent corn meal breading cooked to a golden brown leaving the fish and shrimp inside moist and tasty. Prices in line with other menus on the island...maybe a bit less. Recommend you give it a try.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
San Antonio, Texas
“Nothing special, or maybe we missed the mark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

New restaurant in town. We went for lunch. We started with an appetizer of Crawfish Queso, which was very tasty. It was a little on the runny side, but very good, nonetheless. I ordered the soup and salad. The Spinach Salad with Bacon Vinaigrette was very good. The menu was said to come with Cremini Mushrooms, but unless they were chopped super fine, I didn't have any on mine. The gumbo, was not good. I wish chefs would actually go to Louisiana and order a bowl of gumbo to see what it is supposed to taste like. Unfortunately, I think this chef went to the other restaurants in Port A that serve poor excuses for gumbo and followed their lead. The Smoked Chicken Green Chili Chowder on the other hand was absolutely a home run!. It had a fantastic smokiness, and overall very good flavors. My husband got a burger, and it was nothing to write home about. It was average. Perhaps there are stand outs on the menu that we just happened to miss. The service was great and the decor was very nice. Not sure if we will go back or not.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Nice lunch place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had lunch here one day with my husband, mother-in-law and daughter. Nice look and feel inside, with a pretty standard menu. I had the daily special which was citrus grouper on a bed of pesto pasta. Pretty tasty, and a great deal considering the price even included tea. My husband had a fish sandwich and said it was so-so. Service was great, which elevates what would have been a 3-star review to a 4-star.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best on the island.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Best meal we've had after a week on the island. Fresh food, well prepared and interesting menu. The shrimp & grits were great. Service was a little slow because they were so busy, but the staff worked hard and our experience was A+.

• Visited June 2013