“Great staff. ..average food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great staff. ..average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Honestly, I didn't want to go to this place, but my dining partner insisted. It was very crowded and they quoted a 30 minute wait, but the two young ladies at the hostess stand were friendly and very nice, so I couldn't say no. This seems to be the place to bring a group, as several large parties were either eating or waiting. It was kind of fun to watch all the activity and somehow those two at the hostess stand kept their good humor (even after some not so nice encounters with people waiting). After studying the menu while waiting (and the wait ended up being less than 30 minutes) we were seated. Nothing special here. I had the grilled grouper with steamed vegetables and it was very good (not great) and my partner had the grilled chicken (don't ask why he got chicken at a seafood place). The peel and eat shrimp were really good, if you don't mind the "peel your own" part. The best part was our waiter, Diamond. How he kept his cool with all his tables and managed to keep smiling is beyond me. Excellent service. I'd go back just for that!! So, like I said. . .average food GREAT staff!!

Half pound peel and eat shrimp, salads, grilled fish, grilled chicken, two iced teas. . . .$55 with tip.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“Great service and good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You can't please everyone. With that said... We arrived around 5:30 to beat the dinner crowd. We were seated promptly. The server, Abel?, was very friendly and helpful. We ordered the fried calamari which was good and the kids loved it! My boyfriend and 2 kids ordered fish and shrimp baskets. Servings were very filling. I ordered the fried shrimp po'boy and the bread was light and fluffy. Ate the whole thing! The restaurant was comfortable as well as the temperature. I will visit again in the near future.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Seguin, Texas
“Bad Service, Never go again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We go to Port A once a year and I was looking forward to eating at Castaway's. We arrived for dinner at 5:00. The place was extremely hot inside. I asked the waiter if the AC was working and he said yes, I then asked why it was so hot inside and he said because it's hot outside. This was very off putting but we decided to order anyway. As we waited for our drinks and were sitting there sweating we changed our mind and chose to go somewhere else. We got up and went to the kitchen area to let the waiter know. He proceeded to get very upset and threw the cups back into the ice dispenser. The food is pricey and I expect better atmosphere and service for the prices. We will never go back. There are many other places to eat on the island with better service and atmosphere.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Antonio, Texas
“First visit better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This the second time we visited. Our first trip was about a month prior and had a better time. This time the drink we enjoyed the first time was not available. The fish portions were smaller and the service was not so good. I had to ask three times for water before I got it. Over all not so happy with this visit.

Visited June 2014
“Soft shell crabs were the best I've had so far!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Great seafood. The prices were reasonable. Some of the dishes weren't seasoned to we'll but the food was prepared perfectly. I especially enjoyed the soft she'll crab and gumbo!!

• 4 of 5 stars Food