“Top notch food & service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Austin, Texas
“Top notch food & service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Must make reservations! The food and service at VHP were both top notch. We enjoyed the toasted crostini with fresh crab (yum) appetizer. My husband had a Grouper special in a tomato, white wine sauce, w/ a delicious risotto (real saffron threads) and broccolini. I had a Snapper special w/ artichokes in a picatta sauce, mashed potatoes and broccolini. The sauces on both of these dishes were awesome...both included a house salad. The service was excellent and efficient and the best value for a top notch meal in Port A, so far. Many local diners and it is obvious the kitchen knows what they are doing. Definately a "must return" kind of place!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Odessa, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Good Italian food.I had reg spegetti,wife had seafood pasta dish(scallops,shrimp,crab)very good also

Alvarado
“Best food Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is no Olive Garden. The staff is some of the best around. Extremely knowledgeable . The food is outstanding. The polenta is fabulous. amazing wine list. I had the linguine and my husband had a steak. It was heavenly. You have not experienced Italian cooking until you come here. It's busy so make a reservation. We actually had all the desserts, you can't go wrong.

ATL
“Better than I expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We went with three couples and ill admit that I was skeptical of a "nice" restaurant in a beach town. Honestly I couldn't have been more pleased. First, our table was held with our reservation and promptly ready when we arrived. Our waiter was attentive, kind, and patient. His wine recommendation and comments n the menu were both informed and on spot. I had a conch appetizer which was tasty. 5 out 6 adults at the table ate fish. I think we had 3 different fish entrees between us and everyone was delighted. Dessert was ordered and I loved the creme brûlée. The final bill was relatively expensive compared to the rest of the Port A scene, but the dinner experience made everyone smile.

Austin, Texas
“Love this Place - One of My Faves in Port Aransas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Venetian Hot Plate is wonderful for food and a favorite on the island. Make a reservation before going to Port A. My husband and I enjoyed the polenta nachos for a starter (sounds weird, but they were delicious) and ordered entrees. Me - the crab cakes (lots of crab). Him - the pork chop special. We enjoyed both. Dinners care served with a salad now, which I do not remember from the past. Salads were crisp and cold, and we chose the gorgonzola dressing (yum). Menu appears to have been updated. Our experience - good as usual on our annual trek. Atmosphere is casual and a little quirky.

• Visited June 2013