“So Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Corpus Christi, Texas
“So Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Shells is one of my favorite restaurants. Period. it is small. I counted 9 tables inside,and I believe they will also serve outside if weather permits, but still there are not many tables. However, the food is to die for. It is not a "cheap bargain" but it is really good pasta and seafood. (I think you could get very reasonably priced sandwiches if you did not want the more exotic scallops, etc.) I have never been disappointed in a meal and have been several times. Because it is small, it may require a wait, but it is worth it. I noted a somewhat negative review and understand that different people have different experiences. Even the best restaurant can have a down day, but if you come with the right set of expectations, it is a delight. It is small, so there may be a wait. It has a variety of foods from reasonably priced hot dogs and sandwiches to more exotic fare, cooked sublimely, for which you will pay more. It is a beach town restaurant in South Texas, so the temperature can not be maintained at a constant 72.5 degrees (except maybe in February), and South Texas is hotter than even normal this year. However, it is a great place to go for a comfortable, relaxing (they do not hurry you) really good lunch or dinner. No need to dress up and the blackboard specials, as well as their standard menu, are great. My friends recently had the scallops and fish tacos and loved them. I had the gorgonzola pasta and really enjoyed it and took half of it home, so I got two meals out of it. The first bottle of wine we had had turned and they took it back without question and replaced it with a bottle we truly enjoyed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Houston, Texas
“A place to avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This restaurant is very small and they have crammed too many tables in that small(20'x12'?) space. The food was disappointing as well. My daughter ordered the scallops ($23.95) and received three scallops, a scoop of plain rice and some shredded vegetables. I ordered the ribeye, it was small, thin, and not seasoned well($26.95). The doors on either end of the eating area were opened so much by waiters and customers that the inside temperature climbed to at least 80. I would not go back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Austin. Houston, San Antonio
“You eat at Shells for the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

The food is sublime, the atmosphere-meh. But once you try their delicious food, you will be back for more again and again. The service is good and this is really the best bood in Port Aransas.

Visited July 2013
Cedar Park, Texas
“Good lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

They don't have many tables and were pretty crowded but we arrived just as someone else was leaving so we didn't have to wait. I had the grouper special which was good but not great. Wife had the mixed seafood fettuccine alfredo which she loved. We also had the tuna sashimi appetizer which was surprisingly good.

Visited July 2013
“Very good food Very good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We went to this restaurant today at around 2:30. We were greeted by our waiter. Marian. (May be spelled differently). We were seated and served with beverages right away. We had ordered the Garlic bread, which was pretty good. We then received our food, which was also amazing. Loved the food and loved the great service. Will come again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere