“Our favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Port Aransas, Texas
“Our favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

One of our favorite places to eat in Port A. Food is always fresh and delicious. A nice eclectic menu.

Visited January 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Shells - small but perfectly formed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a great wee place, not many tables and not fancy, just good honest food. I had the wedge with blue cheese dressing and bacon, I had to leave some so that I still had room for my main and I'm so glad I did - lamb chops with jalapeño mint jelly, mash and veg - the lamb was so juicy and tender, yum! My husband also really enjoyed his meal. I definitely recommend Shells.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Everything was a subtle taste explosion! Not overpowering but incredibly savory. I had the swordfish which tasted like steak and my wife had the shrimp skewer. The number of shrimp per dollar was average to slightly better than average compared to what was seen elsewhere on the island. For desert we shared a slice of chocolate cherry cake which was served warm so the chocolate embedded throughout was melted and gave the effect of a chocolate truffle.
Service was very very friendly! The sake bloody mary was delicious, but could have used a little more sake.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abilene, Texas
“Recommended by a local”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was great. I am not so much for pasta or seafood, so I have a steak and mashed potatoes. My friend enjoyed the pasta. Most people left with leftovers, so the portions were big.

There was a little drama between the waitress and the cook. Bad language was used. So not very peaceful.

Visited February 2013
Austin, Texas, USA
“Horrible service, Waitress Cursing Repeatedly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Coming to Port A 13 years, enjoy many great restaurants. Went to intimate Shells 2 days ago and had the worst service; the waitress was apparently having a very bad day......was rude, short, etc. Served our meal and just plopped the food down on the table and literally didn't say one word..."here's your meal" "anything else I can get you" or anything like that. Furthermore, never came back during the meal to fill drinks or ask how things were. We were seated near the kitchen (only 9 tables total) and she blew up at a co-worker yelling and using cuss words including the "F___" word........and she was less than 6 feet from our table! Food not bad...a bit above average although my wife's pasta dish was very watery and without much flavor. Lots of good reviews for Shells but I very disappointed; many other great places in town.

• Visited February 2013