“Just right for beach vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Laughing Horse Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
A Laughing Horse Lodge
503 East Avenue G at 11th Street, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
San Antonio, TX
“Just right for beach vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

This was a very cute lodge, just as described on its website in the other reviews. Very dog friendly with pick-up bags, specialized dog tags, and even a doggie bandana. Our kids loved it. Kitchen was basic but equipped with all the essentials. We loved it and will definitely go back. It's not fancy, but it's clean and friendly. The bbq and chairs outside were great for relaxing after the beach, and Sandy gave us lots of helpful info about the dolphin tours and where to eat.

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Cowtown, Tejas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

What a great price for as close to the beach as this. This little gem of a place made me want to go back to Port Aransas! They were very accommodating to my late arrival and my schedule change. I loved the room. It was so comfortable and clean. The parking was wonderful ... right in front of my room! :) Next time I want to take the pup with me ... we'll see! The only thing I missed was a full length mirror, other than that the place was perfect with a fridge, microwave, and more.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Central Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

My husband and I, along with my father and his good dog stayed at LHL twice now. It's a good deal. Rooms are big enough for everybody, plenty of linens. Good A/C and good heat provided. Staff provided tips on dog-friendly dining and recommended breakfast places. Cottages are provided with basic cooking and eating utensils plus coffee (very important!) The refrigerators are full size. Doggie bowls and treats were provided, as well as a dog tag for LHL and a walking area with poop bags. Man and beast alike are treated well. It's a short walk to the beach and dining. Quiet area, funky decor, very leisurely.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

My daughter had fond memories of Port A from a long-ago church youth trip and wanted to return for this Memorial Day. She found this place online and it definitely lives up to its great reviews. It fits Port A's "beer vibe," with lots of dogs, welcome in many places. Sandy & Lloyd provide clean comfortable rooms with many people- and dog-friendly touches -- including tips on restaurants with great food where your canine is OK to "stay." It's only a few blocks to the beach and a short jaunt to all the Port A action. A great time was had by me, my daughter and my grand-dog!

• Stayed May 2009
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

For such small cottages, the rooms are surprisingly spacious -plenty of room in the one bedroom with kitchen for my husband, two large dogs and myself. Sandy and Lloyd are tops and will provide island info including (and this is great) a list of dog-friendly establishments, emergency vets, etc; they also greeted our dogs with treats, bowls and extra towels -wonderful! The kitchens are stocked with essential cookware (how pleasantly surprising it was to find non-stick pots and pans that were NOT scratched up and knives that were plenty sharp) -I will bring a kitchen towel next time to save wasting too many paper towels (which are readily provided by laughing horse). How nice to cook fresh catch and enjoy meals at 'home' with our pups. We bring bed rolls for the dogs and there is plenty of room for them to stretch out underfoot -just like at home; and a dog-walking are with pick-up bags provided!

A short walk to the beach for swimming, 'combing' and fishing off the nearby pier, and a short drive to area attractions like the marine science institute and estuary, several prime birding spots (no dogs allowed there, of course!), golf, fishing charters, etc. We had a fabulous stay and will be back ASAP!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

This was our first stay at A Laughing Horse Lodge. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and our pups loved being with us instead of kennelled up with the vet. The rooms are large and comfortable - our friends had the cabin next to us. It's close to the beach, and other touristy spots. A little pricier than we are accustomed, but that cost would have been paid to the kennel, so it evened out. We did find a few fleas on our pups after walking them, but since our dogs are treated, they were not a problem. The staff is very friendly and courteous and will answer any questions you have about the area, and even provide a "pet friendly" guide to restaurants and other places where you may bring your pet so they are not left alone in a strange place. We will probably stay again if we go back to Port Aransas.

Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2009

This was the first time our children had stayed overnite anywhere and my husband and I were a bit scared they would not like it or be too loud. We were wrong on both. The rooms were greart, the children loved the decor and the service was top notch. The staff is great and the place is very clean. I will only go to the beach with my family if we can book a cottage at the Laughing Horse. Thanks again for making this a very wonderful family trip.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to A Laughing Horse Lodge? Share your experiences!