“Cute, Cozy and Clean!” 5 of 5 stars

503 East Avenue G at 11th Street, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
Shoreacres, Texas, United States
“Cute, Cozy and Clean!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We love to take our dogs to the beach. Laughing Horse Lodge enables us to take our dogs and kids to the beach and truly enjoy ourselves. Not only do they provide dog specific towels (not to be mixed with the people towels!) but they also offer places to wash the doggies. The staff is friendly and flexible. If you are looking for a relaxing cottage that is close to the beach and reasonably priced, then Laughing Horse Lodge is the place for you! (do not come here looking for luxury as the cottages are whimsical, functional and clean)

Room Tip: They offer large cottages and efficiencies...make sure to look online to see the different types of...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The Laughing Horse Lodge was really nice! We had a great time and they are very accomodating, especially for dogs, dirt bikes, etc. We rented the smallest unit, 1 room and a bathroom. The 1 room had a queen bed, kitchenette area, small table and really everything fit just perfectly and worked for us as well. The only item missing was a cabinet of some kind to hold some of your folded clothing. There is a small hanging area, but one must live out of their suitcase. Due to the size of the unit, it makes it difficult to live out of the suitcase! There is plenty of room to put in a tall cabinet that would fit perfectly in the space in the bathroom corner and would be the one thing that should be done to make it all just perfect.

Room Tip: Make sure there is a place to put your clothes not just a bar to hang clothes.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I recently returned from my trip to Port Aransas, and I could not be happier with my choice to stay at the Laughing Horse Lodge. Before my trip, I was concerned because I know smaller family-run hotels (especially in beach towns) can sometimes be a nightmare. (I'm the type of person who brings her own pillowcases..just in case the hotel seems dirty!!) When I arrived at the Laughing Horse, I was very happy to find a spotless room...complete with everything I needed. I brought coffee, toilet paper, paper towels and kitchen utensils with me...but I did not need any of that stuff! The room was equipped with all the comforts of home. I also brought my dog, and she was very comfortable in the room. The staff also had dog bowls and treats waiting for her. That was very much appreciated. This hotel is within walking distance to the main shops, across the street from Shells Seafood, and very close to the beach. The neighborhood was quiet, and I felt safe walking at night. The owners are friendly and you have your own little sitting area next to your cabin. Though there are other cabins next to you, you feel like you have a little privacy:)
All in all, I plan to stay at this Lodge again in the near future. The only reason I didn't give this hotel 5 stars is because the shower would not get warm (I didn't complain...but I feel like they could have fixed this issue if I asked), and my room was very small compared to larger hotels for the same price (I had the Painted Pony efficiency). But it is a quality little place with character!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
home
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We loved the Laughing Horse Lodge! It was the perfect size with two bedrooms and one bath! The cottage was very clean and had all we needed: plenty of bath towels, paper towels in kitchen and dish soap as well as dishes and eating utensils and wine glasses! We loved bringing our three dogs that stayed with us; its very pet friendly! Its very close to the beach (an easy and fun walk!) Our 5 year old son loved it, too! Overall, it was a great trip and a very comfy cottage!

Shelley & Mike Joiner

Sherman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were welcomed from day one and everyone was very pleasant and very helpful. The cabin was very clean and they are very unique and fun. It had everything we needed for a great vacation and it was close to the beach. Would stay here again. Thanks for a great vacation!!

Belton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I'm not usually a fan of selecting lodging based on online reviews however I reluctantly did so based on the TripAdvisor reviews - and couldn't have been happier! We stayed in 1B - the "Crazy Horse" and it was immaculately clean, had everything we needed to feel at home, and was within walking distance from the beach, shops, food, or just about anything else you could want to do. Management was available at a moment's notice but never "micro managing" your visit. I would and will *definitely* revisit this establishment. If you want a fun, whimsical, and affordable place with upbeat and happy decor, without the stuffiness of a your usual hotel environment, this is the place for you!

Room Tip: 1B was adjacent to one of the main streets which leads to the beach. Though this cabin was adorable...
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This is my favorite place I have ever stayed. The cabins are fun, cute, cheerful and roomy. Ours had a master bd, another room with a twin and bunk beds, a bath with a shower and a cute kitchen. On the front porch was a grill and chairs so you can sit and watch the world go by or cook your catch of they day.

It's an easy walk to the beach or to great food, shopping and fun bars.

They have everything you need. I can't wait to go back for another visit.

Room Tip: I stayed in the crazy horse room 1B. I had a master BD, another BD with a twin and bunk beds, bath w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to A Laughing Horse Lodge? Share your experiences!