“Pet and People Friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Laughing Horse Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
A Laughing Horse Lodge
503 East Avenue G at 11th Street, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
San Antonio, Texas
“Pet and People Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

A Laughing horse lodge is nothing to laugh about, it's seriously welcoming and comfortable! We specifically wanted a pet friendly place but didn't expect to find dog bowls, treats, doggie towels and a list of pet friendly places in Port Aransas. Everything from great restaurants to helpful information about pet safety on the beach and a list of veterinarians. If you have ever been to Port Aransas you know that grass burrs are everywhere, they aren't in the dog play area. The folks at the lodge don't just say they are pet friendly, they ARE pet friendly. Our room was cute, clean and had everything we needed to enjoy our weekend get away.
The "dog tag" was just too cute and a great idea if your pet gets away and is lost. Thankfully it will serve as a sweet reminder of where to book our next stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Truly a unique place. Just llike I remembered - only better! Clean, close to town, beach, dining, shopping. Sit out on the porch and hear the ocean! I would not stay anywhere else! Friendly and helpful staff. Already checking my calendar for a reutrn visit!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I have made several trips to Port A over the past 40+ years. I have come with family, friends, son and some of his buddies and now just me and my furry "baby"! This is my second trip with my furry "baby", but my first stay at A Laughing Horse Lodge. I had the most wonderful time. We slept late, visited the beach, went bird watching and just realxed. The entire visit, from the "Whinny", to the staff, to the property and my new friends made at the lodge were wonderful. My next door neighbor was a lovely lady with her precious "baby" and we enjoyed talking and visiting. I plan on coming back and now my son and DIL want to come with me and bring my granddogs! A family vacation is in the planning stages. Thanks to all at the Lodge.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Irving, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Laughing Horse Lodge is the reason I first visited Port Aransas two years ago.. My sister found out the place was dog friendly and off we went with three dogs for a beach adventure. My husband and I liked it so much that we brought our child Pup back for a vacation in September 2012 (and as a celebration of my college graduation). I love getting up early for a walk on the beach with the dog. Port Aransas has small town friendliness that extends to pets in may areas. The employees of Laughing Horse did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable. The salt air and lifestyle are totally relaxing and I am already planning my next visit.

Room Tip: If you are a family, opt for a beach house with a full kitchen. It is fully equipped with dishes, co...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Southwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Clean as whistle and close to the beach and town. For a beach vacation, it is great. If you can do without a pool and a large bathroom with a tub, this is the place. Lots of character and well run. A place in which you can actually relax and not take life too seriously.

Room Tip: If you have questions, call and ask.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We had a great stay at the Laughing Horse Lodge. It’s not anything fancy but rather it has its own funky charm. Like other reviews-the cleanliness was the biggest WOW factor. You know how it is when you're at the beach-the sand follows you everywhere but you won't find any sand in your room (at least not when you first arrive-you'll track in your own sand later on) PLUS they allow pets but there wasn’t any evidence another dog had ever stayed in our cottage-that is how clean this place is. We brought 2 dogs w/ us and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They gave us little dog tags w/ the lodge's information on it in case one of the dogs got away-so who ever found him would know where he is staying-they also provided clean dog bowls, special dog towels, and treats. Another great thing was there wasn’t any carpet-carpet + beach + dogs=gross. The beach is an easy 5 min walk away OR an even faster golf cart ride. There isn’t a pool at the lodge BUT Port A has a beautiful community pool a mile or so.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed during our wedding and honeymoon along with our family and everyone of us enjoyed our stay. The staff is amazing, the entire grounds were clean and it's convenient no matter where you want to go. We all rented carts there as well which made it even easier. We wount stay anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to A Laughing Horse Lodge? Share your experiences!