“Loved the Double Barr” 4 of 5 stars

Double Barr Cottages
3.5 of 5 Cottage   |   415 Ave G, P.O. Box 266, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
“Loved the Double Barr”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2006

My husband and I and our dog Whyl'ee stayed at the double Barr from Friday on Memorial weekend until Tues. of the next week. We have stayed at other cottages that had kitchens. Double Barr has the cleanist and most equipped kitchens, everything was extremely clean and you could not ask for a better reception on entering the office. It was a real good feeling when the owner says " The only rule I have for the dog is to have fun"
Our son joined us on Saturday and stayed in his own cottage and loved it. I mentioned the shower area was clogged and they immediately took care of it. Yes people there are rules, but if Double Barr does not enforce the rules, how can they keep such a nice place. I will definately return on other vacations.
Lynda and Ray Karaffa and Whyl'ee

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

My brother-in-law and I stayed at the "DBC" four days and nights right after the Labor Day holidays while pier and shore fishing the local area. We found the cottage to be a perfect economical base of operations to work from. The unit was clean, linens crisp, clean and abundant, shower water super hot and the a/c was downright frigid! We were new to the area and the owner was very helpful in suggesting many local areas to try our luck. The price was right, and for two West Texas boys with more fishing gear than knowledge of the fishing possibilities in the area, the stay and the staff was exactly what was needed. I would recommend this facility to anyone desiring a nice, clean, ecnomical and effecient place to stay while staying in Port A. My wife and I plan to make a return trip ASAP.

• Stayed September 2005
San Antonio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

Just stayed there in a August vacation, a nice quiet place everything near by, I don't know about the other rooms but the Air Condition would never keep the room cool, kitchen was cool but the two seperate bedrooms were HOT ceiling fans would do the trick for this place . I don't think I would stay there again we all would like to come back to a nice cool room and kick back for a while.

• Stayed August 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2005

I had previously posted a review giving them the highest rating,but am now retracting that.
I have given Double Barr Cottages my business for many years. I always stay with my 3 small dogs, yet last year when I called to make a reservation a very rude man told me they have NEVER accepted dogs. I called back again this year and was told by the same man that noone would have told me that because they will accept ONE dog. I told him to look up my file,which he did. Then he told me that my dogs destroyed the bedding and wet all over them. My dogs were in their crates at all times unless supervised & they DON'T destroy bedding at home or anywhere else! He told me I was not welcome and hung up.
I used to recommend this place to everyone, now I will be sure to tell them to STAY AWAY due to rude and inconsistent owners!!

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2005

My husband, our Granddaughter and I booked one of the Double Barr Cottages for a 3 night stay in Port Aransas the first week in March. Our ONLY complaint is that we didn't get to stay longer. These precious little cottages are perfect for a family to stay in complete comfort. They have everything you could possibly need or want, including a BBQ grill and a clothes line right outside your backdoor. For the price we sure weren't expecting what we found when we arrived. Kudos to the owners for thinking of everything and taking such wonderful care of their property. Our Granddaughter was thrilled to discover she had her very own room. We were taken by surprise too, because when we booked two beds by phone we had no idea they were in separate bedrooms. This was really nice. We took nightly walks to the beach which is only a short walk away. There is a wonderful Pizza place right next door. I can't imagine why anyone would want to stay anywhere else when in Port A. In fact we are planning to make this our yearly winter vacation destination. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2005

This place had everything you need from pot & pans, microwave, stove, & fridge. Great price for the two bedroom. It is only a few blocks from the beach. We visit every May.

• Stayed January 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2004

This was the first time we had stayed here and this will definitely be our place of choice next year for vacation at the beach. Clean and cozy, peaceful and quiet, close to all shopping and dining needs and 2 blocks from the beach...what more could you ask for. The owners were fabulous and informative...down to earth, always making you feel right at home. VERY affordable rates. NO EMAIL OR PHONES and that is what a true vacation is all about!!! (There is accessibility close by for email if you feel the need). I can't say enough about how much we really enjoyed our stay. I just wish I had known about this place when my kids were small ...already making plans to take the grandkids!

• Stayed August 2004

Been to Double Barr Cottages? Share your experiences!