“Didn't even get a chance!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Sandpiper Condominiums
You added Sandpiper Condominiums to your Saves list
6745 Seacomber Dr, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Didn't even get a chance!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2006

Okay, So Im 22 years old and 5 guys, including myself wanted to get away from the crowds of padre for spring break and go to a nice place at the beach. The youngest is myself and the oldest is 24. I made reservations for this place about 3 weeks before spring break and we all made reservations for the casino boat that is in port a also while we are there and all got off work. WHEN I BOOKED, they never told me I had to be 25 (which is completly ridicolous age) to check in the hotel. So two weeks go by and I get a confirmation of my deposit in the mail (one week before we were suppose to be there) and the bottom of that it says that "detail" that was never told to me. So I call and basically tell them the situation, and I end up having no other option but to cancell and we can't find another place to stay. THANKS sandpiper for completly ruining spring break for 5 college guys trying to just find a nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2006
, Office Manager at Sandpiper Condominiums, responded to this review, March 19, 2006
We do appreciate the guest's honesty in admitting that none of his party were over 25. Our Board of Directors, like most of the condominium complexes on the island does not permit unsupervised guests under the age of 25 to rent here. While we apologize for the inconvenience, we feel our regular customers appreciate the relative tranquility our facility offers as opposed to the "drunken, rowdy, & destructive" spring break crowd.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

We are frequest visitors to Mustang Island/Port Aransas, and have tried several of the condominiums on the island. We always end up most satisfied with our stay at the Sandpiper, and that's not saying that everything is perfect, but if something is wrong they at least own up to it and correct the problem. The condos are owned by individuals, and decor varies, but even in units that are less appealing, you can see that some things are new, or, new looking, so the owners here must be getting the message to keep the places up. That cannot be said for other condos in the Port A area, and for the rates charged here (yes, overpriced), the Sandpiper is the best value. Their beach service is awesome, very nice kids, look like they actually care, and that can be said of any staff members we encountered. That speaks well of the management, something rare around here.

• Stayed July 2005
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2005

We just got back from Sandfest Weekend in Port Aransas (April 16-17), where we stayed at the Sandpiper condominums. We went with another couple and their child so we got a 3 bedroom unit to accomodate 2 couples with a spare room for the kids. We found the Sandpiper to be very family friendly, conveniet to where we needed to go -- and clean (which coming from me is saying something - I'm VERY picky!) The condo is right on the beach and offered terrific amenities. Also, compared to some of the other accomodations offered in area, we thought the price was quite reasonable for what we got. I would highly recommend it.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2004

We just stayed 5 days at the Sandpiper and enjoyed the stay. The staff was helpful. We asked for beach chairs and they opened the storage area and brought them out. They could have been a little more helpful with restaraunt suggestions. Overall the stay was great. Would be nice if they offered weekly rates.

• Stayed September 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2004

Was at the Sandpiper weekend of 2-3 Oct. This facility is going through a major in-house up grade of their rental units and the common areas of the facility. Top facility on the island for the price and a great place for "Winter Texans" to hang their hat.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2004

My husband and I have stayed at this resort 3 different times in the past. Overall, this is one of the most well kept resorts in the area. However, it is an older property (appears to have been built in the 70's or early 80's). We feel that the prices are more than the property is worth ($240/nt on weeknights in July; $280 weekend nts in July). This year we will not be staying at the Sandpiper because of the overpriced rooms. We will be staying elsewhere in Port Aransas this summer.

On the upside, this property is very well kept with regard to cleanliness and maintenance, nice pool and jacuzzi (though during peak periods, they need a bigger pool or second pool), spacious rooms, clean, full kitchen w/utensils, ocean view rooms with wonderful views, nicely decorated (though some of the furniture and blinds are looking a little tattered around the edges). I would also agree that the staff needs some "customer relations" training..The staff seems fine as long as you don't bother them with anything. On 3 different visits to this resort, I probably asked one question of the staff each time. Two of those times, I asked about local restaurants. The first time I asked, the employee gave me a dirty look and pointed at the book they keep on/near the check in counter with local restaurant menus in it. I asked another employee on a seperate trip and again was referred to the "book"..At which point I said "Is there no restaurant nearby that you can say you can recommend which has good food?" The employee curtly replied "All we have is in that book." It is obvious that they do not want to be bothered by you.

Overall, if you don't mind paying 5 or 6 star hotel prices for a 4 star spacious, clean condo where there is really no staff to assist you in any way...This is the place for you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2004

I guide fishing trips from the DFW area, and when going to the Port Aransas/Padre Island area, have stayed at the Sandpiper for 12 years. While they are getting a bit expensive, I have found them to be the most consistent in terms of quality and hospitality. Our most recent stay was the weekend of Apr. 23, and although the weather was bad, the staff did their best to remain helpful and maintain a positive attitude. And overall, the condos appear to be the best maintained, and most consistent.

Been to Sandpiper Condominiums? Share your experiences!