“This was a 5 star experience that has dropped a couple of stars.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Sandpiper Condominiums
You added Sandpiper Condominiums to your Saves list
6745 Seacomber Dr, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
Richardson, Texas
“This was a 5 star experience that has dropped a couple of stars.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This property is in a great location and has the potential to return to a 5 star experience. Here are some issues that need to be addressed.
* Reinvest in the condominiums. The general appearance of the interior of the condos demonstrates a lack of reinvestment.
* Have enough beach canopies and beach chairs to meet guest demand. The daily 8 am fight for a canopy is a bad process for issuing beach canopies. As is the $10 fee.
* Move equipment between the floors during off hours so the guests can use the elevators.
* Provide enough working cookware in each condo.

Have a nice time at the beach, but be warned: DOCUMENT THE CONDITION OF YOUR CONDO WHEN YOU CHECK IN AND WHEN YOU CHECK OUT. The condo management likes to hit your credit card with small charges a week or two after you have departed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I spent three midweek nights with my parents at the Sand Piper, unit 304. My wife and I are fairly particular and wanted this to be a nice place to stay for a special occasion with my parents, and we were not disappointed in the condo, the facility, the staff, or the location... In fact, it was superlative in every arena with the possible exception of price.

The unit itself was immaculate, had a wonderful view, and was thoroughly stocked with everything we needed. My wife loves to prepare meals and found all the utensils and appliances she needed - and even better - in the places she expected. The bedrooms were well appointed, and the beds were comfortable. This particular unit had two king bedrooms, a master and a second bedroom. The second bedroom also had a shared door with the second bathroom, so effectively there were two master suites. The only sleeping problem I ran into was fluorescent lighting outside our unit. I am spoiled at home because I don't have continuous lighting outside our room; the first night I spent thinking it was already morning. The second and third nights were fine. Some units seem to have heavy curtains that block out more of the light; ours had large wood blinds that didn't quite block all the light. The condo common area was well appointed, with comfortable, professionally decorated furnishings. The views in the living room and kitchen were wonderful; we enjoyed them while eating or simply relaxing. I imagine that most all of the units here have this since they are all pointing the same direction.

The facility itself was also very well cared for, and included a lot of nice features. There is a nice sun deck with professional grade propane grills on the second floor which I used two nights in a row; a great feature. The pool looked clean and was convenient; it was usually not very full during the week but started to fill up on Thursday in preparation for the weekend. The 24 hour coffee bar on the first floor was also a favorite; I was pleased they also included decaf. There was also a nice library with a selection of games and novels, and nice places in the common area to read and relax or wait for family members. The path out to the beach was also very well done; lots of smooth surfaces and just enough foot washing and tar removal stations to accommodate all guests.

In our experience, the staff was friendly and seemed in particular to be trying to proactively take care of their guests. Particularly thoughtful was the young lady who brought towels to the large party caught a quick rain shower. Check-in/out were simple; and the staff never seemed stressed or too busy to speak with a guest.

As for the location, it was perfect. Beautiful beach, a good distance from Port Aransas and other units.

In summary, I would stay here again. I gave the condo only a Very Good for value; mainly because we spent our time here in high season. This condo was more expensive than other facilities in the area such as Seagull, but it's hard to argue with the quality provided.

Room Tip: Recommend looking online at the virtual tours to get an idea of which one you like. As for the floo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We decided to stay at the Sandpiper because the Sandcastle was booked for the weekend of our stay. The property and room were beautiful everything was clean and above what I expected for Port A. I spoke to the hotel staff apon check in about renting a Canopy because I have small children and two parents(moms) with cancer. They told me to get them early because they usually sell out. I arose at 7:30 a.m. and rented two canopies for ten dollars each what a deal. I packed up the family and headed down to the beach for fun in the shade. The two staff members on the beach said they were not setting up canopies on this day because of high tide.
Explain to me how one inch of water could damage a canopy. The tide wasn't any higher than normal. On the web there is no mention or explanation of not setting up canopies for what they called inclement weather.
The manager on duty said it was too windy to set up the canopies but on the beach we literally saw 50 canopies set up by individuals and not one person was having a problem. I would have brought my own canopy from home if I thought there was going to be a problem with renting from the hotel. I have never been to the beach and their not be a steady breeze from the ocean. In my opinion the management should have made an exception in this case. But sadly the manger with giant CZ's in her ears couldn't make an exception and I had to ask for my money back instead of being handed my refund with no apologies or any consideration for there guests. Needless to say I will never go back to the sandpiper. I will tell all of my friends the same thing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Booked a condo at the Sandpiper after looking at options on line. Really took a gamble as I have not been to the Texas coast in many years. The cono is about a 5-10 minute drive into Port A. It is on the south end of Mustang island which made it feel a little more secluded--in a good way.

The Sandpiper far exceeded our expectations. I know that each condo may be a little different regadring decor, furnishings etc, but I must say that unit #1202 had everything we could ever imagine. The condo was furnished with great taste and had everything you could imagine. All condos here have an ocean view but the 12th floor has to be the best for views! Lobby areas were clean and comfortable. Access to the beach was quick and easy. The best $10 you can spend is renting a canopy each day. The guys put it up for you with as many chairs as you need. The only single thing that would make the Sandpiper better, would be a larger--more resort style pool (Even though we came for the beach). Our family is already planning our trip back next year!!

Room Tip: Any view 3rd floor and up will be good. 1st and 2nd floors will only have views of the dunes and no...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Gatesville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

We Enjoyed our first stay at the sandpiper. We will be back. You can choose the condo so of course we picked one on the top floor. The view from the 12th floor was fantastic. The balcony allows a view of the gulf and all down the beach. Walk out the front door and you are rewarded with a wide view of the bay and at night the Corpus Christi skyline. Our condo was well appointed and very clean. We stayed during sandfest and were amazed at the skill of the folks carving the sand sculptures. Next year we plan on having the kids participate in the free lessons provided at the festival and maybe enter the amateur contest. We already miss being on island time.

Stayed April 2012
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stayed in Unit 1003 and we had family members that stayed in Unit 1002. The view was fabulous. The units were very clean with lots of storage, new appliances. We enjoyed the recliners in unit 1003. The staff was very friendly and helpful as far as recommending restrautants and other questions we asked. We had clean towels evey morning. The other residents were very welcoming. We had a light bulb that burned out and it was replaced within hours of us bringing it to their attention. We could not have picked a better place to vacation and hope to return there some day.

Room Tip: The virtual tour was very helpful to me. The higher floor had a great view of the ocean, but they p...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

First off, you walk into the Sandpiper, and you immediatly feel great! Not only is the lobby inviting but beautifully decorated! The staff was very very friendly and we got to know so many of them by name and even got to meet the Manager, Marie! Our Condo was on the 6th floor and the view was insanly gorgeous! Our condo had walk-in showers- which were such a treat! The kitchen had a granite island and gave us so much room to cook and entertain! We were here for a little girls weekend and we will most def. be back! I hope the SandPiper checks these reviews. If they do, THANK YOU for a fantastic weekend! Rose, Veronica, Tamy, and Marie are FANTASTIC at the front desk! Can't wait to see you ladies again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sandpiper Condominiums? Share your experiences!