“Great experience at a great value!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
South East Oklahoma
“Great experience at a great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2006

My husband and I just returned from our vacation to San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and Port Aransas. While we found Corpus to be a waste of our time and money (due to the dirty and run down status of the beach area), we loved Port Aransas. We stayed at the Plantation Suites because of the attractive price, and we WILL stay there again. We got the King room w/ jacuzzi tub. I LOVED IT! The room was very large, and we could smell the clean fresh air the minute we opened the door. The bed was very comfortable, and we slept very well. If you are looking for luxury, this isn't really the place or town for you. However, if you're looking for a very nice place for your money...this is it!
Also, you can check out the beach cam at [-]corpusbeach[-]. Horace Caldwell Pier is the beach cam for Port A. The site owner is a really nice guy. In fact, we hired him to take our pictures on the beach. Glad we did!

• Stayed April 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New Braunfels, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2006

Stayed here for my 50th birthday, in one of the two bedroom suites. We booked late, so none of the singles were available. But, the big draw was the balcony, the kitchen, and the whirlpool tub.

The suites are above - and entered through - the lobby, so you get the noise from the front desk, the pool, and the highway. The bedroom windows face the highway. The balcony is directly over the pool and offers no privacy at all. If the door is open, people can see the couch and dining table of the room. There was a single plastic chair on the balcony, unlike the rockers that we could see on the side balconies across from us - which also had more of a view and a tiny bit more privacy. If you could book a second floor room on the west side, I think it would be much better. You'd save money, too!

The tub was not at all clean - I bought lysol at a convenience store and spent some time cleaning (and removing someone else's short, curly hair and a lot of brown slime) before I was comfortable using it.

The kitchen was tolerable, but I had to clean the sink. After that and from what I saw in the tub - I washed everything before I used it. I did enjoy having a fully equiped kitchen with a big refrigerator, full stove, dishwasher, coffee pot and toaster, etc. And there was a washer and dryer.

The bed was the noisiest I've ever seen/heard. The box spring must have had a noise maker of some sort. I woke several times when my husband turned over in his sleep.

The breakfasts are a bit more than some complimentary continental breakfasts - yogurt and instant oatmeal as well as the usual muffins and bagels. We usually made our own in the room, though. (We slept late, and took turns cooking for each other.)

We were able to order food delivered from Jay's Seafood and Spaghetti works. They were fast and the food was much better than I expected. The white sauce was obviously fresh-made and the Chicken primavera was great. The salads alone were big enough for a meal.

The pool was great, though! The weather was very cool, rainy and cloudy that weekend, so we appreciated that the pool was heated. I'll bet the temp was over 90 degrees in the pool and possibly 110 in the hot tub! (Maybe I didn't need the silly whirlpool in the room, after all.)

• Stayed February 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2005

Despite some negative reviews, I found nothing that was not excellent at the Plantation Suites. The staff was friendly and attentive, rooms were spacious and clean. The continental breakfast was fresh and totally adequate. The public areas of the hotel were well maintained with a great variety of things to do. I would recommend the Plantation Suites for anyone who wants to have a nice visit to the Texas Gulf Coast.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
San Antonio, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2005

We booked a room last minute at the Plantation Suites and our room smelled like cat pee - it was gross!!! We could not wait to get out of there!!

• Stayed August 2004

Been to Plantation Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Plantation Suites

Address: 1909 Highway 361, Port Aransas, TX 78373
Location: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Port Aransas
Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Swimming Pool
#4 On the Beach Hotel in Port Aransas
Hotel Class:2 star — Plantation Suites 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Plantation Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Plantation Hotel Port Aransas

If you own or manage Plantation Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.