“Love this place.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Love this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The room was huge, clean and the beds were comfortable. Great water pressure in nice hot shower. Pool and hot tub were great. Very friendly front desk person.
Will plan on staying here every time I visit the beach.

• Stayed October 2013
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Planation Suites wants thank you for choosing us every time you visit the beach. Please come back to see our new look out at the pool area. We hope to see you soon, when you visit the coast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This place isn't a Marriott as far as cleanliness and quality standards but for the value we had a very comfortable stay! We were very close to everything and it was nice having breakfast in the morning. I'd definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We want to thank you for choosing Plantation Suites when you visited Port A. We do want you to feel like you are in a comfortable hotel with all the amenities we offer. We are glad you had a great experience and can't wait to see you next time you return to Port A.
San Antonio, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The room was nice and clean. The location was in a great spot. Close to shops and not too far from the beach. The exterior was nice with picnic tables and bbq pits. The pool and hot tub were very enjoyable. Very clean. Breakfast was pretty good but they for some reason wouldn't leave the no stick spray out for the waffle maker and I tried twice to make one but they just ended up sticking to the machine on both sides. :( The things I didn't like about this hotel were 1: The AC was SO loud. It would kick on about three minutes after kicking off (due to the humidity). I would wake up every single time. 2. We stayed upstairs and the stairs are very steep. I was nervous just watching my kids go up and down them. There is not very good hand rails going all the way up. Other than those 2 things, it was a nice stay. I would consider staying here again if ever back in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We appreciate you staying with us here at Plantation Suites. We want to thank you for your feed back on how to improve our property. I will personally find solutions to fix these issues for you and future guests. We do our best to pay attention to the details at our hotel to make sure that all guest get the experience they truly deserve. I will also contact our distributor for the waffle maker to see if they have a product that will allow us to put a spray out that will not make them stick. We hope you had memorable stay and can't wait to see you on your next trip to Port A.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We just had our wedding reception at Plantation Suites. From the initial contact to check-out, we were treated very well! The manager was helpful, and he made our reception and stay at Plantation Suites seamless and fun! We were greeted with smiles, and our wedding planning company was able to set up for the reception a day ahead of time. The suites were clean, roomy, and affordable. We had a block of rooms reserved for the wedding party and out-of-town guests, and no one had a problem with reservations and booking. The reception room was perfect for our party, and we had no interruptions or complications with the party. The kids enjoyed the pool a few times over our 3-night stay. The Palm Suite (the honeymoon suite) included a large tub, king-size bed, and even a kitchenette. The guests were all treated with respect, and we will be staying at Plantation Suites again in the future. A major bonus was that we were able to bring our pets...the pet friendly policy is GREAT! Thank you to Shawn and the other staff at PS for making our stay enjoyable and successful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your wedding and guests. We are so glad that we were able to accommodate your needs and make your wedding memorable. We take pride in what we do and we always make sure we give you the guest service you deserve and also we do it with a smile. We can't wait till you come back to Plantation Suites and visit us on your anniversary. See you soon!!!
North lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as part of our Texas tour. It didn't start off too good as we had a convertable car and as we stopped to wait for the ferry we were attacked by mosquitos. By the time we had got the lid up the car was full of the pesky critters and I got badly bitten, even thru my clothes. Bt the time we got to the hotel reception I was stressed out and scratching like I had fleas. The receptionist was very good and got us to our room as quickly as possible. The room was well appointed and very comfortable. My son drove down to the supermarket and got some mosquito repellent before I ventured outside. When it got dark I sat on the balcony in a rocking chair, it was lovely. Breakfast was very good and check-out efficient. I noticed that people had brought boats with them and there was special parking for the boats. I think this is a really lovely place to spend some time and don't let the fact that I am a naive English person put you off, just bring the repellent spray.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We want to thank you for choosing us on your Texas tour. The mosquitos around here can be a little relentless. Our commitment to our guest is to make sure we give each one the guest service you truly deserve. We hope to see you soon on your next journey through Port A.
Helotes, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I like this hotel because it allows my dog to stay; room is comfortable and spacious; free breakfast; close to the beach; and close to all the eateries. I really liked the staff, especially Katie. She was very accommodating and pleasant. Definitely the place to stay when you want to visit Port Aransas.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
We are so glad that you choose Plantation Suites as your destination spot in Port A. We are happy to hear you brought your pet to enjoy your vacation with you. Our HSKP staff make sure all room are up to guest standards and would like all our guest be comfortable like they are at home. We will see you next time you visit Port A. Katie will be excited to know we had another satisfied guest.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

As always a wonderful stay. I want to say that when I read some of the reviews from other guest on their stay here sometimes I have to laugh. I have been staying at this hotel for over 15 years. I will not stay anywhere else on the island. This is one of the best places to stay. No it isn't on the beach. But you can drive to it in under 3 to 4 minutes. I prefer a break from the beach. I have never had any issues with any of my stays in 15 years. The general manager personally greets me when I check in and when I leave. It is pet friendly which I love. The rooms are nice and clean. If I have needed anything in my room all I do is ask for what I need. You have to remember you are at the beach so yes you are going to have sand in your room. The hotel has an outside shower where you can rinse off before going to your room. The have a wonderful breakfast in there beautiful breakfast room. I love this hotel and the staff. Very friendly and helpful. Thank you as always for another great stay. The Branham family will see you all soon. And if you have AAA in your state you can reserve your room for a much lesser price which makes staying here very affordable.
I hope this review has helped. I also have another review under Home Sweet Home!

Room Tip: When making your reservation if you need a first room floor make sure to request it. Also this hotel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your continue support!! We always want everyone to feel welcome here at Plantation Suites. Whatever you need will do our best to provide it. Our HSKP take an extra step to make sure all room are up to our standard so our guest can come in and just relax or just put there belonging down and head to the beach. We love having you here for as long as you been coming and can't wait to see you on your next visit. Again thank you for your support!!!

Been to Plantation Suites? Share your experiences!