“Comfortable and dog-friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Port Aransas
Helotes, Texas
“Comfortable and dog-friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I like this hotel because it allows my dog to stay; room is comfortable and spacious; free breakfast; close to the beach; and close to all the eateries. I really liked the staff, especially Katie. She was very accommodating and pleasant. Definitely the place to stay when you want to visit Port Aransas.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
We are so glad that you choose Plantation Suites as your destination spot in Port A. We are happy to hear you brought your pet to enjoy your vacation with you. Our HSKP staff make sure all room are up to guest standards and would like all our guest be comfortable like they are at home. We will see you next time you visit Port A. Katie will be excited to know we had another satisfied guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

As always a wonderful stay. I want to say that when I read some of the reviews from other guest on their stay here sometimes I have to laugh. I have been staying at this hotel for over 15 years. I will not stay anywhere else on the island. This is one of the best places to stay. No it isn't on the beach. But you can drive to it in under 3 to 4 minutes. I prefer a break from the beach. I have never had any issues with any of my stays in 15 years. The general manager personally greets me when I check in and when I leave. It is pet friendly which I love. The rooms are nice and clean. If I have needed anything in my room all I do is ask for what I need. You have to remember you are at the beach so yes you are going to have sand in your room. The hotel has an outside shower where you can rinse off before going to your room. The have a wonderful breakfast in there beautiful breakfast room. I love this hotel and the staff. Very friendly and helpful. Thank you as always for another great stay. The Branham family will see you all soon. And if you have AAA in your state you can reserve your room for a much lesser price which makes staying here very affordable.
I hope this review has helped. I also have another review under Home Sweet Home!

Room Tip: When making your reservation if you need a first room floor make sure to request it. Also this hotel...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for your continue support!! We always want everyone to feel welcome here at Plantation Suites. Whatever you need will do our best to provide it. Our HSKP take an extra step to make sure all room are up to our standard so our guest can come in and just relax or just put there belonging down and head to the beach. We love having you here for as long as you been coming and can't wait to see you on your next visit. Again thank you for your support!!!
Farmington, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

First i want to say this place is NOT close to the beach. The island is small so basicly all the motels are close. When i read a place is close to the beach i expect to see it. You cannot see it at all. WE let the front office know there was a problem with our room. The front desk noted everything. WE figured everything would be taken care of. Got to our room from a full day to find our floor was still not clean. You could feel sand on the floor. The floor does have tile on it. There was hair on our pillow, we requested bottom floor and got a 2ns floor. We used a wash cloth and wiped the floor, the rag was black. This tells me the floors has not been mopped even before our stay. When we checked out we talked to the manager Shawn. He would not listen to our complaint. He had more excuses than trying to help us. Once he looked at their book to see the complaint he was like just check them out. My daughter slipped on the tile and he told her well you are on the beach. So be careful if you stay here if you fall he probably would not even care. If my daughter had fallen i would own that plantation motel and can promise you there would be no problems. NOW maybe if we had gotten a suite with a kitchen we would have been treated better. Shawn has very poor attitude and dont know how to handle issues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
I want to say thank you for choosing Plantation Suites as your destination spot to Port A. I apologize for the service you received her at Plantation Suites. We should of took action when the complaint was first brought to our attention. As the GM I take pride in making sure that every guest is my main priority when they stay at Plantation Suites. I was not aware of the situation until you were checking out, due to meeting I was in that weekend. I had to do some reading of the incident book to make sure I was handling your situation properly but I was not given the opportunity. Please call me if there is anything I could do to resolve this issue.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had a great time. Friendly people who work here. Great location and great atmosphere. Very close to beach and shops. Wow is the correct title for this location. Workers are very professional. A need for more people like them. Great rates. Clean place. Great breakfast. I will return again and recommend this place to others. Many thanks for the swell time. Port A. Rooms are very roomy. Need a break from reality, come to this exciting place. No one else will treat you better than this place. We had a room next to the swimming pool and the hot tub. Excellent weather. Surrounding areas are very green and well kept. Access is real easy from main road. Ample parking for all. The Internet is free with good reception. Plenty of ice machines with ample ice. Fast checking and fast service when in need. This place should be rated very high among other lodging locations. Good place to relax and great place for comfort and safety. Leave your world behind and travel to an exciting paradise as this location close to the beach. No need to go to the Bahamas, this is a lot better. Check out this place and you will have ample memories to talk about. More visits and reviews coming so stay tune.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We want to thank you for choosing Plantation Suites and Port a as your "Bahamas". We really appreciate you comparing us to a beautiful place like that. We enjoy giving you the customer service you truly deserve. Our staff continues to take big strides to make sure each of our guest are well taken care of. We are happy that you were able to not think of nothing but relaxing in the sun at the pool area or the beach. We look forward to you and your family coming back to your Oasis!! See you Soon!!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

2 bedroom, allows dogs. Thank you!! We opted for the suite overlooking the pool. A lot of room and everything we needed. Breakfast provided - was OK. Big plus not having to cook in the mornings. :) Very close to the beach - make sure to get a beach parking permit. Only complaint we had was on the cleaning, we had to have it addressed a few times. They apologized

Room Tip: The suites are worth the upgrade!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Shawn S, General Manager at Plantation Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
We want to thank you for staying with us here at the Plantation Suites and Conference Center. We are glad that you are able to bring you dogs with you. We take pride in our service and we do appreciate you letting us know about your issue. We will take note of it and make sure we give every guest superior service. We will see you soon on your next visit to Plantation Suites.
South Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here because we got a Groupon. The room was very nice and clean with a little kitchen area. It was decorated nicely. The allow dogs which was a plus for us. It rained while we were there; so, we had to spend a lot of time in our room or on the porch. TV was nice. Breakfast was okay; but, the room was very small and overcrowded.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for purchasing our Groupon. We love that you brought you pet with you to enjoy you vacation. We continue to approve our rooms for our guest to enjoy. We want to make sure that our guest are as comfortable as possible. We will see you the next time you come to Port A and hope it is not raining.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Our family which consisted of three couples and a four year old grandson had a wonderful stay. The rooms very clean. Service friendly and pool clean. You only had to drive about half a mile to the beach. Make are you pick up a beach parking ticket at the gas station at the corner. It is just twelve dollars for the entire year. Wonderful family trip!

• Stayed September 2013
We appreciate you choosing Plantation Suite as your Port A destination Spot. We hope your grandson had a wonderful time as well as your whole party. We take pride in our rooms and service. Our pool area is a great area to relax and enjoy the water. We want to see you soon when you come back to Port A.

Been to Plantation Suites? Share your experiences!