“Yes, dine here” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 75 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Opened recently. telephone 361-749-BBQ1 Info (not their website) at http://www.portasouthjetty.com/node/63622 including an ad.
Boise, Idaho
“Yes, dine here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

A delicious yet simple dinner with very gracious staff and a delightful visit with the proprietor. Mid evening stop as we traveled through the area. Hostess was quick to clear the booth that we requested. The price of one of the wines had not been corrected on the menu however, the server and proprietor were very gracious and quick to correct. The fish was very well prepared.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Antonio, Texas
“It's a Cafe, Bakery, Coffee Smoke House & Charm School with a Cajun, BBQ-ish Flair?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I put a question mark in the review title, only because we are still not really sure what the owners had in mind for this odd eclectic jumble of culinary concoctions.

For example, when was the last time you thought, gee, if only I could have a BBQ Ceasar Salad, my vacation to the Coast would be complete?!! Or what I need now after I remove all the sand from my swimsuit, and douse my sunburnt body in lotion is a smoked Cajun BBQ Delight?

In their defense, I'm sure the food is much better than their coffee house/bakery area. We stopped in after walking the beach on a cool afternoon and were looking for a place to warm up a bit with some good java and pass a little time. The place looks nice enough. The staff was pretty friendly, although not that knowledgeable. Cappuccino's weren't available because one of the staff lost the essential parts, so we ordered some coffee that was poured luke warm, but pretty bitter. It seemed like it had sat way too long in the carafes. I guess when I am at a bakery ordering coffee, I expect the coffee to be hot and fresh, so I was really disappointed in the almost undrinkable 20oz. of coffee that taunted me from a cold outside deck. The homemade cinnamon roll was pretty good- albeit a bit too cloyingly sweet.

Visited March 2013
Houston, Texas, United States
“Always a great meal; beers galore!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

We love coming to Beaches to see the good stuff that they're smokin'. This time, I had the brisket and ribs, and they did not let me down. The ribs, dry rubbed, were well flavored and tender. The brisket was a tad dry, but the char was so tasty and the island sauce hit the spot with the dryness. I added a side salad as one of my sides, and that was a rip-off. They have no business charging an extra fifty cents for a bowl of shredded iceburg and a couple of pieces of onion. The only complaint.

They have a great selection of beers on tap, mostly all from Texas craft brewers. Come thirsty and hungry, folks, because they will take care of you on both ends.

Dallas, Texas
“Key Lime Dream”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Don't miss the key lime pie. Most of our group ordered the massive Fishermans Platters and were delighted. Our crab cakes were on the lukewarm side. This is a very family friendly place. It gets a bit loud after wine starts flowing for some tables. New and fun restaurant!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great BBQ & Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife ordered half order of BBQ ribs and I ordered the seafood platter. The ribs were literally so tender they fell off the bone. They came "naked" so she was able to add one of 4 different sauces that were available on the table. The seafood platter came with 4 BBQ shrimp, a blackened Mahi felet and a crab cake. The shrimp were good size, tender and very tasty, the Mahi was a good sized portion and seasoned perfectly and the crab cake was absolutely the best I have ever had....would have liked to make an entire meal of them!!! We stopped in for an early dinner (4:00 pm) so the place was almost empty and the service was understandably timely and friendly. We would definitely eat here again.

• Visited March 2013