“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

361-749-2212
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Barataria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 75 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Highway 361
Transit: Port Aransas / Mustang Island offers a free trolley. Island Moorings Yacht Club and Marina and La Barataria are on the free trolley route. La Barataria offers pick-up service from Mustang Municipal Airport and Newport Dunes and Golf Club.
Baird, Texas, United States
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We ate here on our last trip to Port A and it was amazing!! The beet salad was to die for absolutly wonderful, and the staff was great. They also have an amazing wine list.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Whatever happened to customer satisfaction?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Only been in here twice. First time was for a late dinner around 8:30 pm. After being convinced by the young bartender to try a certain dish, come to find out we couldn't order that because the kitchen was closing EARLY. Whatever. They cooked us a pizza and crab cakes and both were really good. Paid our bill and ordered one more drink before leaving and paid cash. Got involved in a conversation and before leaving was looking for my change. Come to find out the bartender ASSUMED all my change was her tip and never asked. Really? 2nd time Saturday night 9:31 pm I asked to order food..anything. John the bartender/manager told me the kitchen closed at 9:30. No BS. LOL. At 9:55 they served a "regular" a bowl of soup and bread. He must have ordered at 9:29. 30 min later my wife goes to the rest room and I walk 4 feet away briefly only to return to find my beer has been thrown away by john. When I asked about it he replied sorry and walked away. Needless to say I won't spend another dime in this place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Ignore those 1-star reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was a great restaurant. The service was grand if a little colloquial, the food was outstanding and plentiful, and the atmosphere was exactly what we expected. The bread was fresh-baked, my steak was done to perfection, and my wife's tuna was excellent. They know how to cood asparagus -- crisp tender. Try the wine flight -- three wines to try for $8 per person (great value). We had a wonderful time.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Plano
“Almost excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Last night in Port A and thought this would be a real treat Ambiance inside and out excellent, drinks excellent, service excellent, 1/2 wine night excellent...however specials of the evening disappointing...we chose the "specials of the evening"...the red snapper was overcooked and too spicy for this delicate white fish, the veal t-bone, was the tail end of the rack not the prime cut and making it a tough portion of meat...my definition of special is just that...special.. a step above the regular menu...we were disappointed...dessert and appetizer was good.. would try again but would probably stay with the regular menu. This is a good choice for someone traveling and wanting a more upscale place to eat and relaxing..

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Ate here with a girl friend. The salmon was good but for $28 with no sides and no salad I though was too pricey. My friend had Mahi and asked for it to be med rare and it was over cooked. Service was good.