“Great birthday weekend getaway!” 5 of 5 stars

3rd Coast Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   718 S. Station St, Port Aransas, TX 78373   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Port Aransas B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Great birthday weekend getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife said she wanted to go to the coast for her birthday, so I got online and did my research. Between TripAdvisor and Yelp, one name kept appearing: 3rd Coast Inn. So I booked it. And I'm really glad I did. What a charming little place in a perfect location. There is literally nothing bad I can say about this experience. The room was cute, quirky and clean. The pool and hot tub area was immaculate. They even helped me surprise my wife with flowers in the room on our arrival.

This is a great example of a small family-owned business that is running laps around the big guys. Thanks for a wonderful time. This was the first of what I know will be many visits to the 3rd Coast Inn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thanks so much for the awesome review! We were happy to help with the Birthday surprise for your wife, we are glad that she enjoyed it and so glad that you guys had a good experience here at 3rd Coast Inn.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
algonquin highlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wow...spent 4 winter months of heaven . From day 1 we felt welcomed. We hated to leave. Darcy
and Deanne took care of us like family. The rooms were cute and cozy and done in an island theme. Soft music playing by the pool and hot tub ,what else does anyone need . Do not miss this one. We are going back next year . So should you .

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Leo and Cheryl! What can we say except we love you guys, and look forward to seeing you and Pixie again next winter!! Thanks so much for spending your winter with us and we are glad you like staying here with us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here since it was the Blue Crab Inn. I have to say that we were just there last week, and our stay was very enjoyable and comfortable. It is much nicer now!! We stayed in #7 (for the 1st time) which is just a queen bed with bathroom, small fridge, microwave and coffee pot. I am very picky about my bed, and this bed was very comfortable. The units are older centerblock buildings. They have been renovated. We also traveled with a pet. Darcy is great and is more than accommodating for whatever you need. We will stay again and hopefully soon!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thanks so much for reviewing us, and the nice things you had to say about 3rd Coast Inn. We hope that we get to see you again soon!
La Llagonne, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We choose this place following reviews in Trip Advisor.
We don't regret it !
Staff was really friendly, room was nice and clean.
But the most interesting thing is that 3rd Coast Inn is really different !
Finding such a nice place just accross the street from a Best Western is just incredible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at 3rd Coast Inn. We hope that you are enjoying the rest of your travels and have a safe trip home!
Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hands down, the best kept secret in Port A! I told Darcy when I left that I didn't want to tell anyone how amazing his place is (because I'm selfish and wanted to keep it all to myself), but I have to give credit where credit is due. He runs an amazing inn It's super small, only 7 units, but that's what makes it so special and unique. As soon as we pulled in, I knew that we were in for a treat. It's quirky, quaint, and perfect! From the start of our stay, to the end, Darcy and his mom were beyond friendly. They made us feel as if we were at a home away from home. There really is no better way to describe it. There's just a sense of ease when you stay here, and the calm energy that they give off is contaigous. I'll never stay anywhere else when I visit Port A. This is my new spot! Can't wait to go back next month, and the month after, and the month after that.....you get the picture!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thanks for all the kind things you said about 3rd Coast Inn. We strive to make sure all of our guest needs are met and when we hear back from people like you it makes it all worth while! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again!
Denton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were clean and the pool nice and clean. This is a great place to stay for weekend or extended trips. We were down here on a fishing trip and the two room suites made it easier for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to review us at 3rd Coast Inn. We really appreciate the nice things you had to say, and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again in the future.
Brownwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I first want to say thank you for the most amazing experience I have had in port aransas in 15 years. My most favorite thing were the bicycles. Me and my 5 year old son rode bikes all day for two days. They had bikes for all ages and we tried every single one to find our perfect one. The rooms were more than adequate, it was like having all the amenities of home. We cooked a wonderful breakfast and went out to the pool. We then cooked a wonderful burger and hot dog lunch for the kids on their BBQ pit by the pool. The kids swam all day day and the adults hung in the hot tub. The staff was amazing, so sweet and helpful. They had movies in the office for the kids and games for the adults. Just he most amazing trip ever. I would recommend it to anyone anytime We also met some dear friends that were our neighbors and I believe we will be friends for life ! Thanks again for our wonderful time I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for 3rd Coast Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your time spent with us and hope to see you again!!

Been to 3rd Coast Inn? Share your experiences!