“awesome place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Port Aransas B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“awesome place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place is great! It is so clean and comfortable, the beds feel like my own temperpedic pillowtop at home. Kitchen is roomy and stocked well with coffe and real cream, so many little extras. People leave behind things they don't want to lug home like floaties, bikes, sunscreen, etc. and its yours for happy borrowing! Super friendly owners! Darcy let me check in early and check out at noon which was nice after a night of partying with friends that live here, LOL ! I will never stay anywhere else, I have no complaints about this place, worth every penny. I am going back for spring break with my kids and grandkids and really looking forward to it.
Pam M. - Austin, Tx

Room Tip: I have only stayed in room 1 so far,loved it! Staying in room 3 for upcoming trip.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and are comfortable here. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Fredericksburg, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Third Coast Inn is rated by Trip Advisor as the most outstanding place to stay in Port Aransas, TX. We reserved a room based on that rating. We just spent 3 nights at 3rd Coast Inn in room 7. The ceiling in our room was no more than 4 inches above my 6'1" husband's head. We felt like we needed to duck down all the time. The room was so tiny there was no place for a chair...the only chair was in the bathroom!! yuck...and the bathroom didn't even have a vent fan. The place was very clean except that there were dozens of very tiny bugs scurrying around on the shelf where we put our luggage. We are right now washing all our stuff and bug-spraying our luggage to try to keep from importing the bugs into our home.

The queen-sized bed, which filled the tiny room, was of very poor construction. Neither my husband nor I are enormous people but the bed made noises like it was about to collapse each time we sat on it, lay down on it, rolled over, etc. We think it is a very cheap box spring (but aren't sure). The mattress seemed too soft and neither of us slept well.

The owners are friendly and gave us excellent recommendations for places to eat around town. The place looks dumpy from the outside and we wouldn't have even pulled in if we hadn't had a paid reservation. Third Coast Inn certainly wasn't what we expected.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Well sadly I guess this has to happen at some point, after 71 happy reviewers we finally met that one unhappy guest. First I would like to address the remark that this guest had a prepaid reservation,there is no such thing here at 3rd Coast Inn, we do require a credit card to reserve a room as does every other motel, however we do not charge until you arrive unless you request to prepay. As I recall upon check in this guest also ask to see the room BEFORE paying which they did and said everything was fine! When the reservation was made the guest was also informed that we had a bigger room available , however because the rate was $10.00 more per night for the bigger room they declined. There was no mention made of any bugs in the room during their stay and we saw this guest daily and inquired as to how things were and if they needed anything and was always told everything was fine. We cannot address a problem we do not know about. As for the bed all of our rooms have new mattresses, this particular room also has a brand new bed. We take great pride in the maintenance of 3rd Coast Inn and the satisfaction of our guests , as I think the good 71 reviews show!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I didn't know what to expect when we rolled up to the 3rd Coast Inn for our 2 night jaunt to Port A. Two young gals looking to hit the beach on a budget. We knew the price was right and the location was good. We were a little nervous when we pulled up to what looked like a rusty lil motel but were put at ease as soon as we talked to the awesome innkeepers. They were super friendly and gave great suggestions for dinner (Shells!)
We stayed in room 7 which is super cool and has its own little private screened porch area. It had everything my friend and I needed for a stay at the beach. Actually, the place has more than you need! Once the sun set, the pool and hot tub area came alive with multi-color lights and friendly guests. We had the best time at 3rd Coast! We will be returning soon.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thanks so much for the nice things you said about us, we try very hard to accomodate all of our guests needs. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My 20 y.o. son and I just stayed for 3 days at the 3rd Coast Inn. It was superb; and better yet, very much Port A. Not a fancy hotel. No name brand. Just a place that people who believe in Port A and carry on the tradition of small hotels with astounding service and personal connections. We so appreciated Deanne and Darcy. We also appreciated their eagerness to turn on the hot tub as early as we wanted, as unfortunately the weather turned cold and rainy. Having in the past had my own amazing hot tub, I was so amazed that their's was just the right temperature and very clean, not something I've been experiencing in even the hot shot hotels.
They are good people, with a fine place, and eager to provide good service, which they do in such a warm and good manner.

Room Tip: We stayed in the efficiency, Room 5, which was fine for our needs.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the awesome review! We really enjoyed meeting you , and look forward to your next visit!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Just returned from a 2 day stay and wish it could have been alot longer. The room was so cozy and the bed soft. The 3rd Coast Inn is Pet friendly and that was a important for us since we were taking our dog for her first trip to the beach. When we called to make our reservation it was already last minute and we were going to have a real late arrival but Chris who spoke to my wife on the phone did not have a problem with that. Everyone on the property made us feel at home and welcome. I am having a hard time giving this, such high praise only because there are only 7 rooms and want to make sure there is availability when I am ready to go back next month, but I have to let everyone know how great this place is. I have gone to Port A numerous times before and have tried several different places but now I will plan for a 3rd Coast Inn stay everytime.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thanks you so much for the wonderful review! We appreciate all the nice things you said about us and we are glad that you and your doggie enjoyed your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you guys again soon!
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed in Room No 5 and we had such a great time. Beside that the room was very clean, plenty of towels, fully furnished, quiet, fun colors, it was so nice to have chats with Darcy all the time. We really enjoyed everything and it was our best spot in Texas during these 2 weeks of travelling. Thank you'll so much, Erika and David from Switzerland

Room Tip: No 5 was great, plenty of space, quiet, very clean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again sometime!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My friends and I stayed at room #1 and it was amazing! I was very surprised (in a very pleasant way)! Twas a little squished but definitely cozy, I personally loved the little details of the interior; pops of color, plenty of towels that are available to use... and the fact that it was fully furnished was amazing itself. Conveniently close to the beach and next door to a Stripes, it makes for a nice little stroll. Very dog friendly, our neighbors and owner(s) were nice, the AC worked perfectly fine (not humid whatsoever, hooray!) and very cute & tidy place. Very easy on the eyes (: I absolutely recommend this place to those that want to visit Port A and will definitely come here again, perhaps sooner than later (:

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
DarcyT, Owner at 3rd Coast Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thanks for the nice review! Glad that you enjoyed your time spent with us and hope that you can make it to the beach again soon!!